“Awesome authentic Thai food.”
Review of may's kitchen

may's kitchen
Ranked #25 of 367 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Pra Ae Is The Village Road Side Of Long Beach. May's Kitchen Is Neighbour To The Irish Embassy Which You Have A Listing Of On Pra Ae Ko Lanta.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife, who is an expert on Thai food, says this venue serves some of best Thai food she has ever eaten. I myself, prefer Western dishes ,and the food on offer, is of the highest quality,and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was good and much cheaper that others here in the area. The food is made just in front of you, so it is funny to see. All tasted good, so try it ;-).

Reviewed December 9, 2013

May's Kitchen is a place not to miss on Koh Lanta. Awesome strir fried prawns with cashew nuts, paneng curry, papaya salad (watch out - very spicy!). Aromatic, super fresh and tasty.
Portions are not huge, but very reasonably priced.
Highly recommend.

Mellisa B, Manager at may's kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you Gosia for this lovely review. Personally I don't know how May manages to produce so many dishes, from fresh in such a short time and yet still look immaculate with not a bead of sweat even after the busiest of nights! Wish I could say the same! Keep coming back for her great food.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at May's a few times and have always found the food to be very good. Fairly priced and finished whatever way you ask for it to be finished. Fresh ingredients are cooked to order.
Over and above the good food the staff were also very knowledgable and helpful when I was trying to find a place to live.

Thank you Nicki for your kind review. May and her staff take great pride in producing fabulous Traditional Thai food but to fit your particular spicy needs!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

After being on the island for a month, we decided to give May's kitchen a try as everytime we passed by, they seemed busy.
I ordered a simple dish of Pad Thai and my bf had a Panang curry.
We were both disappointed as both our dishes were so salty.
My Pad Thai did not come with the usual garnishes of roasted peanuts etc. I had to add sugar to my noodles to make it taste more balanced.
We were both extremely thirsty after the meal.
First and last time there. There are way better restaurants on the island.

2  Thank LauraSG
Nick D, Owner at may's kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our restaurant, however in reply to your comments, I can confirm that we are indeed an exceptionally popular restaurant and can be very busy at times. I want to assure you and categorically state that none of the food we cook contains MSG. All the produce is fresh and as you cannot have failed to notice, made to order in front of you.
We are therefore happy to show you and explain to you the herbs and spices we use in our dishes whilst we are actually cooking them and if you had asked May, she would have demonstrated that no MSG is used in her kitchen. I am really sorry that there were no peanuts with your Pad Thai, but please next time tell us and we will happily fulfill this request.and any other garnish requests you might have.
I hope you are still on the island, as I would personally like to welcome you back to our restaurant and allow May to spend some time with you to explain how she cooks her meals and she would love the chance to cook for you again for free!