Lanta New Coconut Bungalow
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Lanta Just Come(Ko Lanta)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewssalt water swimming poolkhao soibamboo hutswiss managerthe pool bar restaurantyellow currycookery schoolnice clean roomspool beachfan roomchilled placethai experiencebanana pancakesklong khong beachcleaned every dayair conlaid back atmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Absolutely beautiful location. As with the staff. They couldn't have been more helpful. Everything was done with perfection. Would definitely stay here again. Such a chilled out relaxed place. No one bothers you at all.

Room Tip: Beach huts. Air con, and fan . Perfect. Didn't need anything else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garbolives
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were actually meant to be staying next door and as it was full, were moved over. Most of the things about this place are great - fab beach, friendly staff, nice (very small) pool. Only two criticisms - if you get a 'fan room', instead of a 'villa' - you end up in a little bamboo hut, with a grubby bathroom - ours had its share of cockroaches, and a sewer smell in the evenings. My other complaint would be small meal sizes (albeit reasonably priced) - I didn't think anything of this until I saw the staff eating meals twice the size of those they served the customers (in the case of the bar staff, probably due to the 'munchies' induced by their special cocktails). The villas are larger, air-conditioned, with TV and some have tiled floors. All-in-all, we loved this place. Strongly recommended - just beware that you pay for what you get with the rooms.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room, get a villa. Villa 1 looked lovely through the door....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

as it is pretty much usual to find THE highlight of a vacation , I do elect New Coconut the best have have been to , during my three weeks vacation . clean , fun , great food , good vibes , astonishing sea views , warm sunsets ....... should I go on ??? just imagine more and more . such a little business with such a huge potential , thanks to the people who run it and manage it . I would like to add that I also consider myself so lucky to have encountered such a great chef , and owner , a bright woman that delighted us with very well executed dishes and fine touch . I do miss her cuisine . thank you !!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We loved it here! We had a double fan room - bathroom is possibly the biggest we've had throughout our trip! Located on the beach front but also with a massage place, travel bookings minimart, bar and restaurant you do not need to leave! Oh and not to mention the pool and sun loungers! Absolutely brilliant for someone like me who doesn't particularly like the sea! The food was great and happy hour on cocktails is always a bonus - the staff are brilliant and very attentive for example I asked if the sold coconut oil in the shop which they didn't and they offered to head into town to buy me some! We loved it so much we stayed and extra night! I would defiantly recommend new coconut bungalows!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Me and my friend where on a budget trip and also went to Ko Lanta. We spent quite a long time to look for a cheap but nice room at Klong Khong Beach and finally found it here. For only 500 Baht (pre-season price) we had a really nice room here with a little balcony and a comfy hammock outside. The beds were really good and we had excellent sleeps there. Further we really liked the pool, which was very clean (saltwater). Also the staff was super friendly and attentive. We also checked out the more expensive bungalows (just to have a look) and they looked really really nice. Food is good too! There's nothing to complain about and I would definitely recommend to stay there!

Ps: As I said we checked almost every places on this beach for a budget room and what we found elsewhere was pure horror. Nothing we want to spent a night in!

Room Tip: Our room was VAN5.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends