“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Greek Taverna

Greek Taverna
Ranked #22 of 289 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome at the Greek Taverna "El Greco" at Klong Dao beach.
Cannes, France
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I didn't expect to eat Greek food in Koh Lanta. But as it's owned and run by a lovely Greek couple from Athens, how can you resit?? The food is a nice change to curries, rice etc.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Koh Tao, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than Greece itself! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Ate here due to our accommodation being relatively nearby and seeing the reviews on tripadvisor. Everyone that steps foot in this restaurant needs to order the souvlaki. The portion sizes here are big and the souvlaki was delicious. However we returned a few days later and decided to order the Spinach Feta Pie and the chicken ham filo pie. Was disappointed as the food tasted as if it had just being microwaved and was soggy and not so tasty. great atmosphere though and souvlaki is a must!!!

Ko Lanta, Thailand
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am just back from the Greek Taverna, having picked it for my 'Birthday dinner', had a lovely evening with good company and delicious food. I can never make up my mind as I like everything so asked my 2 friends just to pick for all 3 of us ! They did, but we could have fed 6 as the portions were amazing ! It was very busy, but they were on top of each table with good fast service and even managed to get a queue forming on the street. I really am not surprised at all and I suspected some of the dinners including us girls had been there before and will return.As I said at the beginning ' Delicious' !

Edinburgh
“Busy at night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Drove past last night around 9 pm. Place was pretty full with a good crowd. Have not eaten there yet. It is on the main road which is a minor pain.

Visited February 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Wish they did delivery to Bangkok!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I know my Greek food and even more the Greek hospitality! Here we got both tasty, spontaneous and filling! I think i am still digesting Mairys keftedakia and spanakopita! Spyros is a legend and i hope next time i visit he will even match his food taste with his ability to play tavli! Great people, nice food and even a funky tuk tuk in matching colours parked in front! Dont forget to wash it all down with a nice glass of Ouzo! We`ll be back!