“Hey, Ouzo on kho lanta!”
Review of Greek Taverna

Greek Taverna
Ranked #18 of 347 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome at the Greek Taverna "El Greco" at Klong Dao beach.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been surprised to find a Panel saying "ouzo" between all Thai Restaurants. And After a days and days of Thai Food and Rice it was Great to have some very good greek Food. The tsaziki and the pita Bread are highly recommended!! As well is the Top notch ouzo! By the Way, the owner is very friendly and makes you feel Really comfortable at this Place.

1  Thank 985AndreasM

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Enjoyed dinner at 'El greco's very much'. Good food, nice people, Maria and Spiros are very good hosts! Taking care of their customers, no communication problems as they both speak good English and Greek ;-), definitely a restaurant to recommend to take a break from eating Thai food.

1  Thank Telly2408
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was so lucky to come across El Greco as I was driving around exploring Koh Lanta. To start off with the owners Maria & Spiros are one of the loveliest couples, so welcoming and helpful. As for the food, I lived in Cyprus for 14 years, so I was really excited to have some Greek food after traveling around for so long. On my first visit I had Aubergine Balls with Tzatziki, they were perfect! And the tzatziki had just the right amount of cucumber and garlic in it. Next time I went, I took all my friends with me, we had Moussaka, the Meat Grill Plate and mixed Souvlaki. The Souvlaki was the clear winner as all 6 of us went back for Souvlaki three days later! I highly recommend you go and have a meal there if you are ever in Koh Lanta, you will not regret it!

1  Thank Mimi B
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food tasted really good, but I got very sick from the sovlaki!! ( probably the salat) I even ended up at the hospital two times, and after two weeks I am still not feeling well. The staff were very nice and the portions were large. However we enjoyed the meal, you should be careful, it messed up the rest of our stay in Thailand.

3  Thank Blondmonkey
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went a couple of times. Loved the moussaka, but in off season that is not on every night. Other food was ok. Had a couple of mistakes on the bill, but that seems very common in Thailand. Certainly a place to go and try if you are a bit over Thai food and i also would rate it good Greek food. Enjoy.

1  Thank alongcommute