“mmmmmmh... fireworks in my mouth...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanti Shanti

Shanti Shanti
Ranked #11 of 288 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Italian, French, Thai, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Opening hours klong nin : breakfast : 8h30 am to 12 noon. dinner : 6h00 pm to 10 pm. shanti shanti beach house : lunch thru dinner we serve also our famous home made ice cream,french crepes, organic premium coffee! for dinner it's "plat du jour" "à la carte" french and italian specials! we also have a second branch for amazing thai food !on klong tob beach (next to moonlight bay resort and coconut bay) medium season : close everyday sunday (september,october,november,march,april) peak season : 2 sunday off per month (december,january,february)
Wurenlos, Switzerland
“mmmmmmh... fireworks in my mouth...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

... and in my soul! perfect place for dessert and frenchie time after dinner!
world class crêpes, amazing home made ice creams and great service from le patron!
can only recommend and wish I would stay longer on koh lanta to come again!

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Brooklyn, New York
“Delicious Food on a Quiet Road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed up the road from Shanti Shanti for 4 days and I found a reason to go there every day. We enjoyed 2 lovely dinners there, each time having the pasta special which was delicious. The breakfast with yogurt, house made muesli and fresh fruit was great but almost took much for me. Their fresh made ice creams were heavenly and I tried to sample as many as I could! My favorite being the cinnamon flavor, which was simply beyond! The French/Thai owners are friendly and charming to all guests. They done a wonderful job of making this small restaurant a inviting place for all types of travelers. We were in Koh Lanta before high season started, I imagine that Shanti Shanti is packed when things are in full swing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

A really lovely chilled out cafe serving amazing ice cream. Fafa is a really nice guy and we spent a lovely couple of hours at lunchtime sitting on the deck (what an amazing view) chatting to him and other customers. He made us proper Italian style pasta followed by classic vanilla ice cream. Yum! Wished we could have stayed longer.

• Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“left with a bad vibe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were recommended to go to Shanti Shanti by a local coffee cake gelato shop in Koh Lanta. After laying on Long Beach, drinking coffee and eating cake at for a few days my friend and I decided to take a motorbike ride down to the old town. We arrived at this little cafe at the very end of old town. There was no one in there and found our way to the back through cigarette smoke in the kitchen to a cute little hippy setting. We ordered crepes and chai. The crepes were great the chai very sweet. As we were leaving I mentioned that they had been recommended to us. What happened next I didn't expect. The mother and son got completely worked up and proceeded to slam the other business and their owners. It was bizarre, to say the least. It definitely was not Shanti Shanti and their lack of grace and professionalism completely ruined my experience. Surely competition is good for everyone, raises standards and also for each business to recommend each other. Their business's are completely different and I have no idea why they were so threatened by a business who actually recommended them for that end of the island. You would think they would all be helping each other out in such a small place. The measure of a person is quickly seen and suddenly the mother smoking in the kitchen the too sweet chai and the loud constant French voices while my friend and I tried to enjoy the peace and tranquillity the view offered became irritating aspects rather than something I would have brushed over. As for the gelato place, their friendly nature, great service, excellent coffee, cake and gelato will be a sweet memory of Koh Lanta.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Wildheart2000
London, United Kingdom
“First Class Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We chose two excellent salads at lunchtime the cafe has a nice atmosphere, great food and helpfull owner

Visited January 2014