“Great French food, amazing sized portions, good coffee.”
Review of Shanti Shanti

Shanti Shanti
Ranked #12 of 293 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Opening hours klong nin : breakfast : 8h30 am to 12 noon. dinner : 6h00 pm to 10 pm. shanti shanti beach house : lunch thru dinner we serve also our famous home made ice cream,french crepes, organic premium coffee! for dinner it's "plat du jour" "à la carte" french and italian specials! we also have a second branch for amazing thai food !on klong tob beach (next to moonlight bay resort and coconut bay) medium season : close everyday sunday (september,october,november,march,april) peak season : 2 sunday off per month (december,january,february)
“Great French food, amazing sized portions, good coffee.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Shanti Shanti is an amazing find in Koh Lanta on Klong Nin beach. The French owner and his wife have made this place really special and the kind of place you could sit in for hours. The fruit and musli bowl will sort you out until dinner and the fresh fruit smoothies are pure, thick and cold. Try the strawberry and black pepper one. They also have a small shop attached selling jewellery, t shirts and local goods. The music is also amazing and perfectly suits the atmosphere.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FaFa is awesome!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this place when we first arrived in Lanta old town. The ice cream and the view from the back patio is to die for. I didn't want to leave! FaFa is awesome and he's got some really neat and unique items you won't find anywhere else on the island and beyond. FaFa travels all over Southeast Asia and acquired many beautiful well made vintage items. Great place for an icecream break and some cool unique souvenirs and knick-knacks.

Visited December 2012
“Every dish has a nice flavours explosion”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

It's not easy to explain how these two French brothers manage to combine in any drink or dish class taste and experience. You have to try at least one ice cream flavour and one coffee.
It's difficult to find a yoghurt musli fruits that have the same care, the same taste and the same sadisfaction.
From the first time I've been to Fafa's Shanti Shanti I feel like at home, well... Better... Hammock with seaview good coffee and incredible ice cream... For an italian like me, what else?
What else?
I also discovered the Ben's Shanti Shanti and now I can safely say that they boht have the same natural prediction to taste, style and service.
I suggest Ben for breakfast and dinner and Fafa for breakfast and aperitif even if an ice cream like this is an any time option!
What else?
Just thak you Fafa, Ben and wife!

Seattle, Washington
“The Magic of Shanti Shanti”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I found Shanti Shanti as we were exploring Old Town Lanta on our first day on the island. Fafa's store front caught our eye and so we parked our scooter and headed in. Fafa greeted us warmly and promptly brought us a cup of his homemade basil icecream to sample while we looked at clothes in his store front. He said to make ourselves at home, we made our way back to the deck and found old friends of Fafa's chatting there. I plopped down in the hammock, we saw Ricard on the menu and we ended up spending the next four hours there talking with Fafa and his friends.

Over the next four days on Lanta we returned several times to Fafa's place to enjoy good cheer and his contagious optimism and generosity of heart.

Meeting Fafa's Thai and Farang friends, hearing real stories of tsunami survival, sharing food and drink together, listening to Fafa play music-this was the highlight of our trip to Thailand and a magical time.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle
“Little bit of France on Klong Nin beach”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I originally wandered into Shanti Shanti to take a break from the heat and try out a pineapple finger smoothie that was advertised. As it would turn out, the power was out and the available options were wine or coffee. I went for the wine and the table next to me remarked that it was the best coffee they had in 2 weeks of vacation. I made a mental note to come back the next day for a cappachino.
Not only was the coffee amazing, but One of the best Capps I've had in a very long time. Also tried the crepe Suzette and came on another night and had an unplanned "plat du jour" dinner that was amazing. To top it off, I got to sample some divine caramel ice cream.
A little warning: don't come in if your in a rush. The owner and his wife man the shop and put so much careful love and time to prepare you deliciousness; so relax and enjoy!