“A must see gem on Ko Lanta”
Review of Panorama

Panorama
Ranked #36 of 293 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
York
“A must see gem on Ko Lanta”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

After having a day out on the motorbike we stumbled across Panorama Restaurant and were instantly greeted with hospitality and kindness from the owners.

We took a seat by the edge providing us with a stunning view across the bay overlooking a smaller near by island, which complimented our drinks perfectly.
Very relaxed and friendly feel to the place and Jack is more than happy to help suggest places of interest and give you useful information on local culture.

The food is good and I would personally recommend the pancakes and coffee as must tries (all at reasonable prices).

We have been back everyday since and that is testament to the good service, good setting, good food and overall pleasant atmosphere that Panorama provides.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Chris A

• Polish first
  • Thai first
“Best view and atmosphere I've ever experienced!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Being on a tour around Ko Lanta by motorbike, I've accidentally found this place. I stopped for a fresh pineapple shake and experienced the best look ever on the eastern coast of the island, from where you can see "Homer Simpson Island". Jack, the owner came with his wife six years ago to construct this little paradise. He takes care for his guests, telling interesting stories about Thailand and the island and being highly interested in what his guests have to tell. The coffee, coming from the mountains in the northern part of Thailand is the best coffee I've ever had on my trip. Food is fresh and tasteful, even though the menu its very short buy you can be sure that everything is cooked with love and of good quality. They offer accommodation as well so I decided to stay for two more days and moved from my bungalow I've booked before to Panorama. The room is prepared nicely, with the same great look to the sea as from the restaurant terrace. It has no glass in the windows so the experience of the nature is awesome. Of course the bed had a mosquito net around, so don't be afraid of animals sharing it with you. While taking a shower I could see the sun rising above the ocean.
I highly recommend this place to people who are looking for a quiet, nice and lovely prepared accommodation with real Thai friendliness and who have a sense for the nature. If you're looking for party, you should certainly look for another place.
P.S. The prices are fair and affordable, everything I got was worth the money I spent for.

3 Thank harbicht
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Jack Paiboon amazing man”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Jack is just the most friendly guy we ever meet. we think of him as a dear friend and we cab recommand his place beautyfull view and you have to try the homemade stuffed chicken wings :-P

2 Thank Balconybrother Z