“Stay in pinky bungalows”
Review of Lanta Just Come

Lanta Just Come
Ranked #42 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Lanta just come and pinky bungalows are owned by the same family. We struggled to find pinky bungalows but if your heading from the port it's just before lanta just come by a cooking school (kwans cooking school I think). The bungalows were amazing such a good price and the rooms are lovely with cable tv (western channels available). Shower was perfect and bed was very comfortable. Room service once every two days and the man in charge was very polite and tried helping us with any problems. Not sure who is rude from lanta just come but certainly not anyone we met. Scooter hire if you head towards the beach for around 200 baht, don't buy fuel from them go to a petrol pump you get far more fuel for your money. We explored the whole of lanta and it was lovely. The old town wasn't as great as expected though. Amazing accommodation though, would 100% go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh L

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Gone are Mem and Rob, reading the mixed reviews I am not sure if its a gain or a loss :-)
Abu currently runs this place and I did not have any issues with him. He was polite and patiently answered all my questions.
I booked Superior room (some Standard rooms have no window) for 3 nights and eventually extended my stay for 5 nights. The room was basic, but clean, spacious and with large comfy bed. The guest house is very close to the beach, takes less than 5 minutes to walk.
I have to disagree that Lanta is overpriced. I booked last minute and the price for Superior room with A/C, balcony, fridge and WiFi was way cheaper comparing to the most other available hotels.
The only inconvenience was that room was not cleaned during our stay. I requested the cleaning myself and it was arranged.
Also, rented a scooter from Lanta to explore the island, it was good experience.
All in all, I would recommend this place and would return here myself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eva K
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I found the rooms here excellent. They were like new, very clean and had a tele, air con, king size bed, balcony and brilliant en suite bathroom. It is slightly more expensive than most places that we stayed at in thailand and perhaps a little over budget for backpackers but it is very reasonable for koh lanta. Bars, restaurants and the pier are just a short ride away and the beach is opposite! We found the food here far too expensive but we would definately recommend the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank GemmaC21
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked very last minute at Lanta Just Come and they were very happy to accommodate our stay, even though it was only 2 nights. We payed a third of the price of which we paid just up the road previously, and the room was perfect and clean. I am surprised to read reviews about 'rude management', as we even received a free upgrade because there were no budget rooms left.

The location is great too, just opposite the beach, near a convenience store, and our favourite restaurant in the whole of Thailand just a few doors up on the same side of the road. (You must go!)

Highly recommend this place. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere at overpriced, overrated hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loobielou06
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We paid 600 bhat for a double, AC room, which is super cheap for the area. It's across the street from the beach but maybe only a 5 minute walk, so we didn't mind at all. No breakfast here but there are places right across the street. We had laundry done for pretty cheap and it was done quickly. The manager (owner?) was from Australia I believe, so it was a relief to have someone we could communicate with perfectly. I would definitely recommend staying here over any of the nearby bungalows-- although the bungalows are cozy and cute, we found them really uncomfortable to stay in. I'd suggest sleeping here and eating/hanging out at the bungalows during your beach time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is decent but really nothing special, it is overpriced for what u get and where you are staying. 5 min walk from the beach but there are other hotels for the same price or cheaper that are right on the beach.

The management is ridiculously rude and unprofessional. I was even insulted by the woman there because I decided to stay in a basic room instead of superior and turned down booking excursions and activities directly through the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Pierre S
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This Hotel is not on the beach however the walk is only about 200m across the road.

It is simple, clean and pretty basic accommodation at a decent price. We did not originally plan to stay here but after a change in route during a 3 week trip around Thailands islands, everywhere we wanted to stay (being peak season) was already booked so we booked in here. It was more than adequate. If you are looking for somewhere fancy don't stay here but if you want a good base to explore the rest of the island and want friendly helpful advice at a reasonable price then you could do much worse.

Rob and Mem were great from the moment we checked in. I have to say I am very surprised at some of the recent bad reviews and it sounds like a completely different place and staff to when I was there in February. We stayed for 3 nights and did not book any excursions or transfers until our second day and did not find any difference in service because we later did book a trip through the hotel. Both Rob and Mem were always helpful, available and friendly to us. They gave some good tips for food in the evenings and the small breakfast offered in the mornings was nice with a decent coffee as well.

The room whilst clean and basic did have a TV but I have to say in our room there was a strange smell from the bathroom sometimes so we had to keep the door shut.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple