“Great hotel!”

Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Just Come for 3 nights. It is over the road from the beach and bars/shops/restaurants are within walking distance.
The hotel itself is very modern and clean. There is wifi in the room, albeit the signal strength isn't very strong.
Breakfast wasn't included in the price but were still ate at the hotel and paid a small fee for breakfast which included toast/eggs etc. The coffee was particularly nice.
The staff at the hotel were great. They were very friendly and helpful and sorted out our excursions and transport back to the airport. We couldn't have asked for better.
The price for the rooms is great for what you get. I thought that we would struggle to find somewhere new and modern on Koh Lanta within our budget but this ticked all of the boxes.
If you go to Koh Lanta, i would highly recommend Just Come!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anna4450

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cork
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We intially booked for 3 nights as we had read good reviews but ended up booking an additional 7 nights as we liked it so much.
The place is run by Rob (Austrailian) and his wife Mem (Thai but perfect English) and they have a beautiful 19 month girl (Stella) who is nothing short of charming! Combined they are accomodating resourceful and extremely nice so really makes it a home from home.
The location is great as they are a 3 minute walk from the closest beach and rent scooters at a very reasonable rate so makes other beaches and other parts of the island very accessible.
There is a cafe downstairs where you can have breakfast and probably the best coffee on the island! They also recommend dining options close by so no shortage of options regardless of your taste.
The rooms are spacious and absolutely spotless with fridge, air-con, lovely bathroom, high speed WiFi, really comfy bed and TV with English channels. House keeping were wonderful compared to ither places we have stayed. There is also a huge balcony right outside the door which is a lovely area to chill out and have a beer.

I don't know what else to say to emphasise that this is a great place that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND and when we return the choice will be easy!

1 Thank Dara H
Cornwall
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Spent 6 nights at Lanta Just Come, we had a brilliant stay, the rooms are very well maintained and kept extremely clean, they were also very bright and airy compared to other places we stayed in.

The hotel is run by Rob and Mem, with a little help from the lovely Stella! (1 years old), she is great at keeping guests entertained!

Rob and Mem could not do enough to help us out, you can really tell they are genuinely happy to help anyone who stays with them out and are always going out of their way to make your stay special.

The room had a quick clean each day, on one of the days this even happened between eating breakfast in the hotel - very efficient!

The mattress, linen, pillows and even duvet were the comfiest I had slept in throughout my time in Thailand (travelling for a month).

Make sure you try Mems muesli with fruit and yoghurt, it was packed full of different fruits, also the coffee was definitely the best.

There is an ATM close by, the beach is a short walk across the road and down a lane and its well worth trying a road side restaurant, "Thung Ngern" ran by two lady chefs, its a really good price and the food was very tasty - this was recommend by Rob and Mem.

We booked two tours through Rob and Mem and also our transport back to Krabi airport, all of which was very well run and worth doing during your stay.

Everything was so well maintained and we already really miss little Stella, Rob and Mem.

Hope to be back next year!

Room Tip: the standard room we booked which was nearly 700 baht a night was lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rblewett
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Overall: Room was really nice and clean, bed was really comfortable, TV was good but only a few English channels, Internet was great and fast, hotel travel agency markup too high (so didn’t use), restaurant only serves breakfast so didn’t eat there, manager has Jekyl and Hyde persona. Thought the place was great value for the price that I paid, but I would never return for another stay based on the unusual experience I had with the manager on day4. Here’s the story of my entire stay:
Booked superior room for 4 nights via online booking agency. Superior room that I booked comes with balcony.
Day1: Checked in. Reception great. Was given room on third floor in the front. Room was great, but no balcony. Instead was given a room with a big window that faced the third floor public terrace. So everyone can see into my room if the window shade is up. Also people were drinking, talking, and listening to music on the terrace. Discussed with manager Rob and next day he moved me to a big second floor room in the back with balcony which turned out to be really nice and quiet with no street noise. Rob’s wife also recommended a restaurant down the street which was really good and inexpensive. Overall Day1 was good and the service by Rob and his wife Mem was great!
Day2-part1: Checked into my new room on the second floor. Room was awesome for the price except no table and chair in the room so I couldn’t sit down and use my laptop to surf the Web, check work email, etc... No problem. I used the balcony chair, and I used the TV stand. The small refrigerator was under the TV stand so just moved it to the side of the TV stand so I could stretch my legs. I’m good to go. See pics.
Day2-part2: Dropped off my laundry in the morning and it was ready in the evening. Went to book a diving tour with the manager, but the hotel prices were 500 baht per person higher than the normal price, and it was a lower quality dive shop (verified this with another traveler). Ended up booking my own tour by calling up the dive shop as recommended in my guide book. Also got some great advice from the manager about where to go and what to do. Day2 was good.
Day3: Just hung out in the room. Used the fast Internet. Relaxed. Went for a motorbike drive. Day3 was good. So far all is well.
Day4: Went scuba diving using speedboat in the morning. Diving was good and the dive shop was great. Arrived back home in the early afternoon and bumped into Rob in front of the hotel on the way to my room. He said “How was the diving”. I said it was good but no Manta rays. Some chit chat and then out of nowhere he got one inch from my face, looked me right in the eyes, and said in a mean, serious, meant to intimidate voice “Don’t ever move the refrigerator!”. I said “just moved it so I could have a table since there’s none in my room”. He said “I don’t care! Don’t ever move the refrigerator!”. Blah blah blah. He could hardly control himself. I just said “sorry” so I could get the heck out of there! Fortunately for me that was my last booked night and I couldn’t wait to leave the next morning.
Day5: Work up early (6:30am) to get the heck out of there. After dropping off the key with the maid (trying to avoid everyone), the manager came over and gave me a lukewarm “sorry about yesterday” and I replied “no worries” and left. Should’ve been an awesome stay, but it wasn’t. Strange but true story…

Room Tip: Street noise can be loud, so if that bothers you select a room in the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a review for Lanta Just Come - there seems to be some confusion between Just Come and Pinkys, they are separate places.

Mem and rob made our stay very pleasant, and were very helpful with our onward travel. Our room (deluxe double) was spotless, with complimentary water every day. It's just across the road from the beach (if you want concrete walls rather than wooden bungalow), although the beach is rocky at times for swimming, the atmosphere more than makes up for it-great bars and restaurants, lit with lanterns, all very cute.

Can't fault the hotel at all really, its slightly above our budget but we just wanted some rest from travels so wanted air con and comfy bed, and it more than delivered.

Thank you mem and rob!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

First of all we are a bit confused with the Pinky Bungalows and Just Come Hotel, as they are two completely different hotels
. We stayed at Just Come. With Rob and Mem.

If you come to Koh Lanta, come here.
It was rather difficult for us to find a hotel on the island worth the price that they charge but Just Come fit the bill perfectly.

On arrival we were greeted by Rob (The Australian Owner)
He was lovely showed us up to our Deluxe Double. And thats when we first met their beautiful little daughter Stella.
Our room was one of the best we have had in SEAsia. Spacious, Nice soft bed, duvet, balcony facing the beach, sofa, flat screen TV, A/C and a fridge with complimentry water.
The bathroom was nice and big our only teeny weeny critism was the shower, not very powerful and it was really small water holes so it sort of felt like little pin pricks
But that could just be room.202. Not a deal breaker for us, we have showered in much worse.
Then we met wonderful Mem!
I really dont understand the reviews on booking.com Mem and Rob are so welcoming! We wanted to hire some bikes to explore the island so before she took 250b each off of us she asked if we had done it before, to which we replied no, she still didnt take our money, took us across the road let us have a few goes (started off shaky) until we got the hang of it. Even then she got worried and said she didnt want to take our money and she would book a taxi. We decided to brave it and it was the best thing we did it gave us a much more enjoyable trip exploring the island! But a lot of Thai people renting out bikes dont do it and would jump at the chance of taking your money and better it might come back with scratches, but not Rob and Mem!

Mem makes a wonderful Coffee and we had delicious hot chocolate!

Their Daughter is wonderful and a little ray of sunshine!

Thank you so much we will remember Koh Lanta as one of our best destinations of our travels because of Rob, Mem, Stella and their Neice too.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We only booked 1 night and stayed for 4. Spacious, spottlessly clean and nicely furnished bungalow with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while traveling in Southeastasia and a nice front porch. The beach with bars and restaurants is only a 5 min walk away. We really enjoyed our stay at Pinky Bungalow, especially because the owner Mama Nong made us feel very welcome. She was always very friendly and gave us good tips for Koh Lanta and for our further travels. She even checked the weather forecast for us and helped making decisions where to go next. We highly recommend Pinky Bungalow! Thank you Mama Nong for 4 great days at Koh Lanta!

• Stayed November 2012