“Absolute pathetic excuse for a restaurant ....” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Bar & Dining - CLOSED

Eden Bar & Dining
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss, International, European, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Absolute pathetic excuse for a restaurant ....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We made a special trip to Eden after hearing some good reviews .... After 6 days of very good Thai food we could have done with a change...
I went with my wife and my 3 year old daughter to eat and we ordered 3 simple dishes ... I am a professional chef so I have a good know how of how long food should take , even on a busy service.... I ordered a lasagne , my with a kind of mac n cheese and our daughter fish and chips off the child's menu ... A lasagne will not take longer than 25 minutes in a good oven as would the mac n cheese... Fish and chips 5 minutes max.... So after waiting almost 50 minutes we asked how long our food would be....? We were told another 10 minutes .... Anyone that has a 3 year old would agree that 1 hour is far to long for a child to wait for they're food..... I can't comment on the food as I didn't get any??? We left and went to a Thai stall where we ate in 2 minutes for a tenth of the price.... I wouldn't recommend eating there.
Mr Ortega

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LantaIslander, Manager at Eden Bar & Dining, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Mr Ortega
Thank you for sharing your experience at our place. Please let me have a few words as well:
Yes, we failed to serve your child as quick as possibe and for that we apologize. We always try to bring the dishes for children out as quick as possible but we failed that night.
Yes, it takes apx. 25 minutes to make the Lasagne plus some preparation time (we always do the Lasagne fresh) plus some time for the orders that went into the kitchen before your order. We always cook in the sequence the orders come to the kitchen (I guess this is common as well in your kitchen).
We try as hard as possible to keep the waiting time as low as possible and our cooks are really doing their best but sometimes there is (unfortunately) some waiting time.
You forgot to mention something as well. When your waiter went to the kitchen to bring out your food, you have edged off aleady in the meantime, without telling us. Leaving an unpaid bill of two glass of red wine and a water. I suppose I would have offered you the drinks and even did not ask money for the food: I believe it is the host's decision to offer something and not the customers choice not to pay.
While driving away you slightly hit a parked motor bike with your red and black Tuk Tuk without checking if there was any damage. I agree, we all sometimes get upset but I believe to solve problems in a civilazed way would make things less worse.
I still hope you and your family will leave Ko Lanta with some good memories.
Best regards
Eden Restauant
Markus

Hanko, Finland
“Something for everybody?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Swedish-swiss-thai menu so something for everybody? After 1½ week of thaifood we needed something else and we tried this pretty nicelooking, overpriced restaurant little outside of Saladan by the main road. I took file-steak with peppersauce. The steak itself was well prepared, but sauce tasted like from the can. French fries were market quality but vegetables were pretty well made (sligtly al-dente). My company eated Swedish pann-biff and it was almost as good as home.

Eden is little pricier restaurant were you can get little different food you get tired to thaifood during your trip. 590 bath is not too bad for nice meat dish, but with that price you except that food is excellent all the way, and unfortunately it was not the case!

You can get some good wines here and that always a plus!!

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Different experience in Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

It was nice to try to something different in Koh Lanta; beef fillet with rösti and béarnaise sauce. Pleased with the meal and service.

• Visited February 2013
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We had made reservations because we had something to celebrate. We were greeted by our waiter and our table was decorated with beautiful flowers and other decorations. The owner came by our table to greet us, and was very friendly. We had toast skagen and shrimp cocktail for starters, and beef filets for main course and they were all great!! The best steaks we tasted in long time ;) They have great service and very friendly staff! I highly recommend this place!

“Food poisoning...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

We are atm puking from the toast skagen... We got recommended to eat here from out hotel, but it was really not worth it. Too high prices for the quality and the non existing taste. When we got the skagenröran, My girlfriend Said something wasnt right... And now we Both are in our hotelrooms, puking and having fever, with muscleache.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LantaIslander, Owner at Eden Bar & Dining, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Danielsw
Sorry to hear that you were not happy at our place. But maybe the use of "food poisoning" is too tough as your symptoms could be from different things as well (heat ?). And did you only eat our toast Skagen during the past 48 hours before you felt sick and nothing else?
We are selling this dish a couple of hundred times a season and never heard anything bad about it. The taste might be different to what you are used to from back home but we make sure to use the freshest ingredients.
Hope you are better and maybe pass by for a chat next time you will be on Lanta
Best regards