“Average hotel....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Klong Khong Beach Resort
Ranked #143 of 212 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Muscat, Oman
“Average hotel....”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed in Lantas lodge for 8 days in January.. Good location, in the middle of the beach, but all bungalows are sheltered from the music around, so was very peaceful and quite.. The room itself was very simple and not very clean.. Make sure you put the Make the room sign out if you want it cleaned.. Although even we did put it out 3 days in a row, it was ignored.. The biggest complain though was the quality of the bed (at least in b3 bungalow), I felt like I was sleeping on some wooden planks plus the edge was very hurtful on the ankles (doesn't matter if you are less than 6ft I guess:)).. Also they only provide just a bed sheet, no blanket.. To be fair though, when I asked for the extra pillows (mine was very thin) and blanket, I got both within 5min (blanket resembled huge towel, but oh well).. All in all it was ok stay.. Not great, but not bad.. The beach is beautiful though, loads of restaurants around, awesome snorkelling..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The bungalows at Lantas Lodge are simple, but comfortable. Right on the beach, the staff provides towels, chairs and umbrellas free of charge. The food and drink at the restaurant aren't great, but pretty much on par with the rest of the places along the beach. Breakfast is included and pretty standard, but I asked once to deviate and get the yogurt with fruit and granola, which the allowed. I wasn't a big fan, however, and went back to the eggs ;-) Apparently the coffee place next door has good breakfast if you're willing to forgo the free option.

The location in Klong Khong was good, but it's a taxi ride if you want to go to Long Beach. Even during high season when the island was mostly sold out (I was there over Christmas and New Years), it was very mellow.There are a lot of restaurants/bars on the beach, but most of them were pretty empty. Perhaps this is due to the large family population. If you're looking to party it up- pick another island. If you want to relax on the beach and do some day trips, this is a worthy and affordable option.

Room Tip: Pick a "garden room" away from the beach. It will be more private.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in one of the basic bungalows with fan only. The bungalows are located in a nice garden which is very quiet. Our bungalow was spacious and quite clean but we had to ask for getting it cleaned during our stay. Breakfast was included and was the same as everywhere: fruits, toast, egg and tea. The woman at the reception was very friendly and helpful and you could rent a scooter and book trips with her. The beach is very nice and quiet here but there are still many other resorts around where you can get good food sitting at the beach and even presenting the fresh fish you can choose from. We never had dinner at Lantas Lodge as the restaurant was empty every evening and closing early.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
scarborough
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed in an air con bungalow for 4 nights. Perfect room :) staff were amazing and couldn't do anymore than they did to help us!! Great menu with Thai and Western food!! BBQ was amazing which was on every night. I recommend the barracuda which was amazing!!

Room Tip: Choose the purple hammock!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Paid 650 per night for the garden bungalow with fan. with breakfast, which was the typical 2 fried eggs, 2 toast, butter jam, fresh fruit and coffee/tea. We were right up the back. It was quiet and perfect for an evening drink together on the front porch (beware of falling coconuts though). The room was clean, sheets were clean and the bathroom was good. Good shower. No creatures in the room with us either which is always a plus! The room wasn't cleaned over the 4 days that we were there but that suited us fine. We handed rubbish bags to the staff whenever they were passing by and the staff at the reception were always helpful. The man who owns it gave us good tips. A great location and the food on the main road is really good. we tried many out and were never disappointed. A really enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: garden bungalow was in a quiet location
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Lantas Lodge Resort for about 4 days. We paid 800 baht for a hut with a fan. There wasn't much else in the room. The bathroom was very basic but functional. There is what you need if you don't plan to spend your holiday (only) in the room.
Breakfast was included. The first day it was good, but pretty much the same and a little boring the next days. The restaurant was a little expensive but on the main road to the right there was two very nice thai-restaurants which was cheaper (and good).
The beach was not exactly what we expected. The was a lot of rocks and stones but it is possible to swim you just have to be carefull.
Two restaurant to the left (beachside) there was a really nice and cozy little "reagae-bar" that we visited a few times. Good fun.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malene P
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked bungalow for a week. Now as I remeber, just feel so angry that people actully could run that place. In the beginning we didnt got into room where we supposed to be..they said gona moves us next day..they said same thing next day. Next day it was heavy rain and there was a serious leek from the ceiling..straight onto bed..bathroom walls and toilet were flooding. .it was hard to ask them to move roomss as they were trying us to give bucket instead and towel?!?! We insisted!! Then 3 men walked down to our room and we realised were they qre going..the staff walked in our old room..we asked many times politely can we have 5 min to pack our stuff so we can move the rooms..staff werw drunk..at the end we ended up with 3 drunk man..picking up my peaces of underwear and giving it to me..I insiseted that I need 5 minutes and please can you stop toyching my stuff..they said..ok ok..and kept opening every single draw and helping us.. then thwre was this guy who kept looking at me..my body basically..asking to come under his umbrella and really pushing his limits by trying to hug me whilts my boyfeiend was in the room packing and getting annoyed by other staff picking up his wallet phone chargers etc.. just ridicioulos.
.next morning I woke up and my phone was in the paddle..water came thu window frames..and soaked everything what was on the floor..we just moved in..our bags..bag with passports..visas..airplane tickets. .everything..and my phone of course fried himswlf in the paddle. Next morning I spoke to manager..just before me..thwre was an argument between him and another guy who wasnt happy about stay..he was arguing that he got overcharged about something..anyway..I talked to manager..been polite..explaines about all our stuff being wet..and my phone..I asked can I have a bag with rice so I could put the phone I there..so thw rice could take the moisture out..at the end he gave it but asked to pay for it..I mean..?! I got nothing else to say

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends