“Dont go if you dont want to ruin your holiday”

Klong Khong Beach Resort
Ranked #144 of 210 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
“Dont go if you dont want to ruin your holiday”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked bungalow for a week. Now as I remeber, just feel so angry that people actully could run that place. In the beginning we didnt got into room where we supposed to be..they said gona moves us next day..they said same thing next day. Next day it was heavy rain and there was a serious leek from the ceiling..straight onto bed..bathroom walls and toilet were flooding. .it was hard to ask them to move roomss as they were trying us to give bucket instead and towel?!?! We insisted!! Then 3 men walked down to our room and we realised were they qre going..the staff walked in our old room..we asked many times politely can we have 5 min to pack our stuff so we can move the rooms..staff werw drunk..at the end we ended up with 3 drunk man..picking up my peaces of underwear and giving it to me..I insiseted that I need 5 minutes and please can you stop toyching my stuff..they said..ok ok..and kept opening every single draw and helping us.. then thwre was this guy who kept looking at me..my body basically..asking to come under his umbrella and really pushing his limits by trying to hug me whilts my boyfeiend was in the room packing and getting annoyed by other staff picking up his wallet phone chargers etc.. just ridicioulos.
.next morning I woke up and my phone was in the paddle..water came thu window frames..and soaked everything what was on the floor..we just moved in..our bags..bag with passports..visas..airplane tickets. .everything..and my phone of course fried himswlf in the paddle. Next morning I spoke to manager..just before me..thwre was an argument between him and another guy who wasnt happy about stay..he was arguing that he got overcharged about something..anyway..I talked to manager..been polite..explaines about all our stuff being wet..and my phone..I asked can I have a bag with rice so I could put the phone I there..so thw rice could take the moisture out..at the end he gave it but asked to pay for it..I mean..?! I got nothing else to say

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristina K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed May 6, 2013

For starters, this place is really overpriced at 1200baht/night for a double A/C room (we paid 600 for nicer accommodations and staff at "Just Come" across the street). When we first arrived here I got in the shower and gently set my foot up on the sink to shave my legs. The sink was so poorly installed that it fell off the wall and shattered on the floor, cutting my foot and making a huge mess. I quickly rinsed off as my boyfriend went to notify management. We were moved to a new room (with another dangerously installed sink) but the manager was very accusatory and actually tried to charge us for breaking his sink. We expected some kind of reimbursement or upgrade, or at the very least an apology for the hassle, but instead the manager was just very irate and treated us really poorly.

Aside from this incident, the room was really just ok. The bathrooms were not clean and cheaply made. The TV had no English channels and the bed was pretty basic. Breakfast was included but it was not worth the wait... very simple and small portions. I would not recommend this place to anyone who wants to support a nice local family... because this guy was really not kind. His staff, however, was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah_Lynn_22

Travelers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent 3 days searching different accommodation options here on Lanta, going place to place so that we could get a true feel for the rooms, facilities, staff, and real price quotes. We chose this one.
Why?
-- We liked the owner! He's a sweet, smiling guy, willing to chat about reasonable prices and eager to make you feel at home. His staff seem trustworthy and kind. We feel safe having our suitcases in the room.
-- We liked the rooms. They are tasteful and clean. The pillows and mattresses smell nice. Individual tile bungalows have: white walls and curtains, dark wood beams, lovely tile floors, big windows, hot showers, and pretty terraces to sit and enjoy the beach sunsets. They have closets with hangars, fridge, tv, wifi that works in the rooms and is fast enough to watch YouTube, even a nice table light! Furthermore, no insects in our room, just a few loyal geckos.
-- Klong Khong beach is lovely in the evenings. Remember strolling down the beaches 15 years ago, with colored lanterns and creative bamboo bars? That's what you still get here. It hasn't been run over with developers. You can walk to 15 different bars from here, including my favorite ones on the island.
-- The owner was willing to work with us to find a price that suits our budget and expectations. A lot of the hotels we visited didn't care to drop their price at all, even though low season had begun and the facilities were just sitting empty. He has price options as low as 400 baht.

In the end, staying here has been a really nice experience. I will come back next Lanta trip.

Room Tip: Look at several different rooms to find your favorite, then negotiate a price.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013. It is about halfway down the coast of Koh Lanta, as you get off the ferry. During this time I find it almost completely deserted, I guess maybe only one or two bungalows had people. Everyone else I met had similar to say about the whole island. So if you want peace and quiet, this is good time of year. As a place to stay, I travel simple and a fan room is enough, I hate aircon - there should be law against. The people at this place was quite friendly. I spent only evenings here since I was out diving most days. The people here helped to arrange diving with Dive Lanta divers, which I found to be good enough. Breakfast is basic , but sufficient. There are restaurants all round and the food is quite good. The sea here is warm, but it is sandy and during low tide rocky. Be careful to swim. There is a garden, but not a lot of trees so only some shade in the afternoon. There are a few shops on the main road mostly offering tours and renting motorbikes, but basic supplies can be bought and there are few ATM's to draw money

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Worcestershire
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our first trip to Ko Lanta so we arranged transport from Krabi airport to the resort through the resort email. No transport turned up so we made our own arrangements. On arrival at the resort we were put in a beach view bungalow although I had booked a garden chalet. ( Be aware) that we had to pay in cash on arrival for our stay - no credit card facilities even with the normal surcharge ! After 3 days we were moved to to our preferred accommodation. Thankfully the owner stuck to the agreed Asia Rooms price for the whole stay. Thereafter our stay improved. The garden bungalows are larger and quieter than the sea view units are well spaced and the grounds are well tended. The accommodation is clean and serviced daily. There are plenty of restaurants near the resort. This part of Klong Khong beach is the best with few remnants of the old reef so the sea bathing is good. The staff are friendly the resort basically good and the stay was enjoyable. Possibly one of the better resorts on this beach.

Room Tip: Aircon garden bungalows away from the access road are best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent 2 nights here and enjoyed our time in the bungalows. The accommodation is basic but clean and close to the beach and having aircon was a lifesaver. The restaurant was pretty good too. The beach was a great strip with good access to the water and there were loads of restaurant options to chose from.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a fan room. The room price was too high. The room was too hot, so you cant spend the time in the room. You can only sleep there. We stayed there four nights and cleaners didn't clean the room even once. They only took out the garbage. WI-FI works only in the restaurant, but the signal was bad. The staff was friendly but if you order a food, prepare to wait. The garden area was nice with hammocks and amazing sea view. The location was peaceful and there was few good restaurants near. Takes 15 minutes to walk to 7 eleven.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple