I read all the good reviews of this place and so booked as part of our 3 week travel around Thailand for our honeymoon.
Overall it was fine but I will list cons first then end positive with pros.
1. Room - the floorboards creak so loudly when you walk it's impossible to tiptoe to the toilet in middle of night without waking your partner! Towels ran out for 2 days so we had to share a beach towel we had brought with us for showers. The bed was changed but didn't seem the floors were cleaned. The aircon is poor also - woke up sweating every night. The bathroom sucked as it was a wet room and wasps kept flying in the open air gap when brushing my teeth. No hot water either. Just didn't feel comfortable or clean in there. They should close the gap with netting. Plus everyone could hear me peeing.
2. Mosquitos - everywhere and savage too. There is a net provided but just being extra strong repellent as the sand flies are bad also.
3. Walk to beach - rocky and full of rubbish/glass. Be careful of your bare feet.
4. Noise - waterfall from pool comes on at 6am so bring earplugs or ask to be moved away from pool. Mosque kicks off at 5am too then every 2 hours going forward. Lanta is predominately Islamic so just bear in mind.
5. Lack of seating in room - I had to drag our balcony chair in to do my hair in the mirror etc. Chairs would be good.
1. Food - Three Mums restaurant does good food for breakfast and dinner. Tasty and good prices.
2. Service - the brother and sister owners are helpful and informative and friendly. They helped us get a good deal on a speedboat transfer to the next destination.
3. The pool and grounds - pretty and clean. The waterfall and little jacuzzi pool is lovely.
4. Hammock under rooms - really nice to chill out under.
5. The beach - stunning Long Beach with an array of amazing bars and restaurants. Worth exploring as much as possible.
6. Bike rental - cheap and fun if you get a kick out of danger.
7. Bed - comfortable and big.
I wouldn't recommend if you're used to more luxurious places which was our problem and I admit it's my fault for not really checking. If you're on a budget this place is good value for money for sure. Good for younger couples I would say. Overall it was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long Beach Chalet is a small, cosy, family run resort located within walking distance to a private stretch of beach on Long beach.The chalets are tastefully furnished, with modern amenities and luxurious beds. Our excellent family-like service is also one of Long Beach Chalet's strong points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Long Beach Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Chalet Hotel Ko Lanta