“An oasis of calm”

Serenity Massage and Spa
Ranked #2 of 24 Spas & Wellness in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Serenity is a unique Spa built on wooden stilts above the sea. We offer high quality treatments, massage, manicure, pedicure, waxing and much more. Every treatment includes fruit and tea which you may enjoy at our terrace with great view over the harbour! Open all year November- April 10am until 11pm May - October 11am until 9pm
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited, after a hot, sticky day,sightseeing. My lady was called "LAN she was polite and gentle with good English. I had foot and leg massage, then pedicure and manicure.It was fantastic, the salon is clean and calming. I fell asleep, her massage was so good.At the end you are taken to sit by the sea with fresh fruit and tea. I would recommend this spa to anyone and great value!

billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I will pass on the praise to Lan, she has been with us for many years and is a great asset to Serenity. Having fully trained staff, a clean environment and a relaxing shop where you feel comfortable is very important to me. Thank you again we hope to see you again soon best regards Ning, Lan and all the Serenity staff

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"softer"
"tension"

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to serenity having seen some good reviews, but felt a little let down.
It is lovely setting and the relaxation area at the back is beautiful - although we arrived when the family next door was eating and washing up out on their deck, so not very serene.
We were pleased to have been given the private room at the back, as the massage beds at the front are just behind a thin blind. However, someone did walk in half way through!
We purposely chose a back, neck and shoulder massage as were are not keen on the idea of the Thai stretching - but it was pretty brutal. Our therapists were also chatting to each other for some of the time.
We would recommend this if you like a hard massage and are not too concerned about modesty, but it's not for us.

billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear guests Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. It is true the shop is not for everyone but 99.99% of our guests have a great experience.

We have created an outside area, which over looks the sea and is designed tastefully, this area is for a free drink off tea, can be used as a waiting area, some where to relax whilst waiting for friends. I am sorry if you are not happy with some one doing washing - the whole area is full of restaurants close by which I think just adds to the charm of the area and the natural Thai feel. I am happy a speedboat did not pass on this occasion as I imagine the complaint would have been very long. The drinks and fruit are free something we like guests to have in a quaint area, they are not compulsory only a kind gesture and no guests are forced to sit there if they do not like it. i am sure like most other shops the roadside would be sufficient

You chose a back. neck and shoulder massage,all the staff are fully trained and when working on some areas it may be painful, Brutal as you have wrote seems to fill the imagination that you where beat but again the staff are fully trained and when working on some area pain or discomfort may be felt.

Nang the staff who did you was noisy for the first few minutes whilst starting the massage. I can only appologise for this, all staff understand when massaging they need to be quiet. I am sorry she was not on this occasion. and I have sat down with her again about this so she remembers.

The private room at the back enjoys 4 beds, if two guests are in the room then another two can come in, the staff place the blinds down so it should not be a problem - this room is also used as a family room when, children come with families that way hey can be children whilst the parents enjoy there massage. For some one entering half way through, I am very surprised at this, the door is closed and only the staff will go in. It is not even a walk through so I am confused by that.

If you like soft massage, then I would strongly recommend having an oil massage on your next visit to and shop.

Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels

Ning and the Serenity Staff

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I went to serenity early on a thursday morning. A lot of people arrived at the same time which seemed to have created some confusion and internal arguments. It was resolved in about 10min and at that point I was a little frustrated because the confusion spread to the customers - didn't know where to go what to wear etc. Once the treatments commenced it was great. The ladies had a great sense of humour and the strenght of the massage was exactly as we've requested. Also very nice to have a bed with a hole for your head instead of having to rest it uncomfortably on a pillow.
It was a realy good massage which ended with tea and fruit on the terrace.
My wife went back for a manicure and had a terrible experience: it took 90min! They also painted her nails so untidily that she had to request for the worst ones to be re done. Her therapist painted two coats immediately over each over resulting in a thick runny finish which soon looked dreadful. My tip: do the thai massage, stay away from other treatments.

billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments- the staff are fully trained and we have many glowing comments how good it is.

Thank you also about the comments about the manicure. I can only apologies for my staff on this day. She has been taken off this now and is not allowed to do anymore, I check all my staff to make sure every thing is done perfect and I am not sure what happened on this day. I can only apologies again,this is not the normal procedure and not the normal standards I expect. Thank you so much for letting me know, this way I can improve my shop and service for the next guests to come.

Best Regards Ning

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I went here after getting a recommendation from an employee at Lanta Diver. I asked for the hour Asian blend massage, while my wife got the leg, back and neck hour massage. We had a quick shower beforehand, and then went to the massage tables. I was a little bit concerned about the lack of privacy, I was used to getting your own room, especially if you go with someone else, and the fat that the dividers were see through was a bit of a turn off.

My massage went great, she was a little bit rough at times, but definitely found all of the spots that were giving me trouble. The coconut oil was awesome, and Ithink it will become my go-to massage choice. My wife's experience was not all that great though - it was a bit too rough, and she ended up being sore for a day or so afterwards.

billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments - they are much appreciated.

If you return please ask a staff for a private room, we have two other rooms which can be used for complete privacy. The blinds on the shop are not completely see through and you are fully clothed at all times either with wraps or clothes supplied by the shop.

All the staff are fully trained and if you feel any discomfort whilst massaging you can first ask for softer or even stronger to be applied. working on damaged areas is quite difficult and some degree of pain may be met due to the area being repaired. If you would like a softer massage please next time on your visit ask for an aroma therapy massage

We hope to see you both again in Serenity very soon

Best Regards

Ning

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Visited this today, and I chose 1.5 hour thai massage and boy was it good. Instead of just lying on a mattress with a pillow you could rest your head in a "hole pillow" so no weird uncomfortable neck positions. The masseuse knew what she was doing and was really "brutal" sometimes, but it felt good after. Cosy place where you could relax afterwards in the back with a nice ocean view and a cup of tea and fruit.

The place is really clean with a seafront location. Can highy recommend it.

billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your great comments - Nang is the lady who massaged you, with all the staff being fully trained and many have many years of experience they become great assets to Serenity.

All the beds we use for massage enjoy a place where you can put your face looking in to a bowl of flowers - this improves the position and makes you feel more comfortable. Many other shops only use pillows which we avoid - the position of your body is very important

We hope to see you again soon Thank you from Ning, Nang and all the Serenity Staff