“Unbelievable what you can get for small money”
Review of Round House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Round House
Ranked #16 of 217 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed July 28, 2013

So, this is actually the first review i write even though i have stayed in hostels and resorts all over. My girlfriend and i were browsing through tripadvisor to find a nice, cheap room in koh lanta. we loved the place right after walking through the entrance. the first thing to see is the bar/ restaurant with lovely furniture and eye for detail right at the beach. the round house only has 3 bungalows, a beach house and the big round house where the owners live during low season. the atmosphere was stunning. the owners mixed and mingled with the guests, sat together with us in the evenings playing cards until dawn. the cook was incredibly good. she would sit with us for a few minutes before every meal to ask what we fancy and if we wanted to try this or that. the food seriously was bombastic each and every time. we arrived with a friend who had not booked before and was just going to try his luck. sadly there was no room left for him but the owner Nadia just asked him for his budget and walked next door to ask if they had a room. he was offered to stay there and come over any time he wanted. the beach is great; we even saw the owners walk around with trash bags to collect waste which had been brought in by the sea. the rooms absolutely have flair, each with a small veranda.
having traveled through north and south Thailand for 3 weeks and ending up here it was unbelievable what you can get for small money

Room Tip: beach house is closest to the beach and thus has the best opportunity to watch the sunset. however...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Felix686
Savvy2406, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words, we loved having you here and hope very much that you will return to us.

Paul and I have made some changes and now have 2 new Bamboo Bungalows, in all now we have 5 Bamboo bungalows, the Beach House and the fantastic spacious Round House, we have used our low season to renovate and make changes in staff, and are now very proud of our new cook who loves to go to the market and see what he can get fresh and offers us daily specials that blow us all away:)
Return to us soon and try it out, we are sure you will love it!!

There are newer reviews for Round House

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Roundhouse in February 2013. This place was the highlight of our 3 week trip around Thailand. The new owners Nadia and Paul were so welcoming and made us feel like the place was our home. We stayed in the actual roundhouse which was huge and had plenty of space to put all our things and had a hammock out on our own private balcony. The room had exposed vaulted ceiling which as beautiful and very romantic. The place is right on the beach and is in the centre of all the other resorts so you can easily walk to other restaurants and bars along the beach. However, the food that Nok cooks is the best that we ate in Thailand and hence we ate many a meal here. You don't have all the creature comforts that you do in some of the other hotels in Thailand but who cares when you are on the beach with such lovely people and great food. We absolutely loved this place and will be back for another round of buckets :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah110
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Cozy place with neat bungalows, amazing view and great atmosphere!
Super-friendly mixed staff will take care of all your needs and make you great cocktails at sunset (happy hour :-)
Excellent location, amazing beach and they even have free inflatable mats and paddle boards.

Even if you are not staying there, recommended at sunset for cocktails and company.
If you're looking for a friendly place on Lanta then you've found it, enjoy!

Room Tip: Out of the 3 see view bungalows,
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Lanta Roundhouse in a bungalow with private bathroom. We stayed four nights on our honeymoon in Krabi. The location was very good and the beach lovely. The restaurant's cook was amazing and there was a travel agency right next to the place if you got bored with the beach.

The only downside on the place was that some of bungalows were very close to the road which had a lot of traffic even in the night time. Nothing some earplugs didn't take care of, but if you're a very light sleeper, this might be an issue.

The owners of that time were very friendly and overall wonderful, kind thanks and greetings to Magnus and Malin. I sincerely hope the same friendliness and helpfulness we experienced stay as the core of Lanta Round House.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Round house Lanta is paradise, heaven on earth. The wonderfull staff, the great food from Nok and the cozy bungalows made this the best vacation ever. The staff makes every day full of joy, laughs and smiles, and the new, lovely owners Paul and Nadia is really the nicest, warmest people ever and we can't wait to get back to see them all.
The beach is very private and not crowded at all, and the water is really beautiful. If you wanna go diving or fishing, the boats picks you up right on the beach, 10 meters from the Round House. And next door from the resort you have a really great travel agency that can take you any where around the island or the world, for the best prices.
There is so much personality here and so much fun, and the service is really the best you can get.
You can't wish for any more!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I'd seen RoundHouse before but never thought to inquire until a friend told me about her stay and how she loved it. I stayed on Ko Lanta almost 2 weeks and stayed at Round House for the last 4 nights of my visit.

-Room/Bungalow
Paid 400B for a Bungalow with shared bath right across the walk. Super deal for the location and the price. My favorite thing about the bungalow was that they actually had hooks and drawers for you to put your belongings on/in so you don't have to live out of a backpack or suitcase. Fan, Mosquito net, Mirror, were also included.

-Food
I didn't really eat too much at Round House I usually like to eat away from the places that I stay but the appetizers I did have were great. Prices were comparable to the other places on the beach

-Location
Klong Nin is the best beach on Ko Lanta in my opinion; great long sandy stretch of beautiful beach. Round House is right in the middle where there are fewer rocks than either end of the beach. They also have a volleyball net on the beach ready to go if you're game!

Overall, another great place to stay on Klong Nin!

Room Tip: If available, ask for a bungalow a bit further away from the road. Wasn't a huge issue since it...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

A friend told me to check out Koh Lanta on my trip, I hadn't heard much about the place and didn't know what to expect.

After getting a tuk-tuk to drop me off on Klong Nin I had a wander around. I saw the Round House and thought it looked perfect. The staff were amazing from the start ad I was able to get a bungalow for 400 a night.

The place is right by the beach and you couldn't ask for more. The area is fantastic, it offers everything. If you want to chill and speak to no-one, you can, if you want to go party all hours, you can.

The Round House was almost perfect apart from the water cooler which made a pretty annoying noise outside my room. The first two nights I couldn't get used to it, but by the third I wasn't an issue. Any other room and this would have been five stars. Food is great, staff are brilliant and they even had a party one of te nights I was there. Maybe a bit more aimed towards a family than an inner city London bakpacker, but great fun all the same.

Love Koh Lanta and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012