“Just stunning...”

Tides Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 367 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A formal restaurant perched on the very edge of the beach overlooking the sea and open to the cooling sea breezes. Guests have the choice of a cool interior venue or an al fresco beachside setting on the deck in front of the restaurant. Serving a mouth-watering a la carte selection of international dishes, as well as traditional Thai fare and seafood specialties all made from the freshest of ingredients. The menu quality is matched by a wine list of varying prices. The dress code for the evening is "Resort Casual".
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was just with some friends walking along the Long beach. We saw this stunning preperation, they did (it was for a Beach BBQ) and we thought have a drink over there. So we relaxed at the bar with some crazy good cocktails. Happy Hour from 5 till 7 they said, so we got a discount from 50%. Great cocktails, great price and stunning sundown and lovely service. Next time we come to join the BBQ!!! Unfortunately they had no table left for 5 people and it was our last day on Koh Lanta. Next year on a Saturday we will be there, for sure!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This restaurant is just stunning!! The Food peferct, the service attentive in the right way. We had a really loevly and romantic experience. The prices sure a bit higher than in a easy restaurant on the beach, but for a restaurant in a 5 star resort more than valuable... Thank's to our waiter Su, she is great...

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was my birthday today and as I am traveling on my own, I thought I'd treat myself to something special, so I walked over to Layana Tides to have dinner at their amazing beach front restaurant. I got a ride from reception area down to the restaurant which was great, had a seat in the bar area and ordered a cocktail. So far so good. When the cocktail came, inwas really disappointed. For around $10 I really expected something awesome. However the cocktail did not taste good at all. Then I went over to Tides restaurant and ordered the Tiger Prawns with garlic rice. Shortly after ordering, the waitress came back and told me they were out of Tiger Prawns, but I could order normal prawns instead. I think in a 5* place you should never be out of anything that is on the menu. I also ordered some veggies on the side. When the meal came, it really wasn't great. And no sight of veggies either. They also give you bread as a starter, which is nice, but then again no butter. Who likes to eat dry bread? At least offer some virgin olive oil or similar.
All in all, I really don't rate this restaurant. You're much better off walking 500m down the road to one of the beach bars. Better quality and much better prices and atmosphere as well.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Possibly the worst meal I have eaten in Thailand; an extreme disappointment as I had a lovely time there 2 years ago. The location of the restaurant is lovely, particularly at night, and the staff are friendly.

1  Thank chervilandrubies
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Perhaps they were having an off evening but they served food that was at best mediocre (flat Thai dishes, but not quite indelible), and barely recognisable cocktails, albeit with a smile. Fortunately the view was a pleasant distraction from the meal, however as a sightseeing trip it would still not have represented good value. Expect to pay about four to five times as much as less glitzy local places for the sea view (about the same an expensive pizzeria in London).

1  Thank OSeTra