“Thank-you kindly for enhancing our holiday :-)”
Review of Jai Dee Home

Jai Dee Home
Ranked #38 of 396 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sawadee kha welcome to Jai Dee Home.our opening times now we come into a very quiet time on the beach are : Open 4pm for drinks 5pm until 9pm. for food. Thank you. We are a simple food Thai and Western family run restaurant on the beach. We are not A La Carte or Gourmet. If this is what you need please find the restaurant you would expect this from. We cook in Olive oil shallow fry for your healthy heart and soya been for deep fry, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, please let us know of any allergies you have. Our food is all home made, eg, spring rolls, burger patti, naan breads etc. Please come to enjoy yourself and relax with us. We look forward to taking care of you as our valued guests. Love all here at Jai Dee Home x
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I returned from Koh Lanta last week after staying at Jai Dee Home for a couple of weeks.

Ever since getting back I've recommended Jai Dee Home to anybody who will listen!
I had such a great time and was made to feel at home by James + Kgung both of whom made an already idyllic surrounding very comfortable, relaxed and very, VERY tasty!

The atmosphere is chilled out with cool tunes after sunset, (and during sunset is happy hour at the bar!) just writing this review is reminding me of my 'happy place' in the hammock which I found myself daily.
The location is the place to be in terms of a beautiful beach, chilled out vibe, nice bars, GREAT massages (recommended by Kgung) all of which aren't too commercialized, cluttered and in your face, so perfect for what I consider an enjoyable holiday!
Koh Lanta has a party scene which is easily accessed for as and when you choose but it isn't slap bang on your door step for when you just want to chill, 5 min's walk from Jai Dee's is some great bars for when you want to get on it! James pointed me in all the right directions for a great night out, Mongs Bar host party's on a regular basis and is well worth a visit!

The 'Lovely Sarnies' well and truly lived up to their name and were sampled many times!
If you have a stomach for spicy food definitely try the 'southern curry' which was a challenge and at the same time,,, yummy!
Kgung is a great cook and very sweet, both her and James make sure you have a pleasant visit.
Other things to try on the menu,,, chicken wings soaked in rum,,, and the ice cream covered with rum with bananas is to die for!! Ohh and not forgetting a proper good 'ol English breakfast all of which are cheap as chips,, literally! (Depending on where you come from that is!).
Drinks are cheap and theirs lots of cocktails to sample!

We stayed in their room on the beach which had a hot shower, tv + dvd player and James has lots of DVD's which he was happy to lend me, the room was very comfortable and at a very good price.

Lots of activities can be arranged from a 'Otto's' which is a couple of doors down from Jai Dee's.

All in all I had such a lovely stay and can't wait to return next year.

Thank-you James and Kgung you lovely lovely people.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Good place to stop have some food and look for a room, James is very helpful and you might just get the chance stay in one of there rooms. The Jai-dee has people who return year after year just to sit and watch the sunset.

1  Thank cazdunk
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Have just come back from staying in Ko Lanta for 2 weeks at Jai Dee Home, having spent the last 12 years coming to Ko Lanta this fantastic guest house is definitely the place to be. Some great food with proper bread is fab, thai food to die for and of course that fantastic view of some of the most amazing sunsets while sipping my glass of vino is just perfect. Many thanks to J and K for making Jai and myself feel very comfortable and we are both so looking forward to returning next year.

2  Thank verity66
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We wanted to have a weddingceremony on Lanta and contacted Jai-Dee home and and they agreed to arrange it for us. And so they did:) We had our wedding party right on the lovely Klong nin beach with beatiful flowerarrangements and a munk who came and had a wedding ceremony for us. It was so romantic and perfect. And the food Khung had made for us was abslutely fantastic - the best we have ever tasted in Thailand during all the years !!! All arrangements were taken care of by Jai Dee´s, we just had to enjoy the evening - and it turned out to be even better than we had hoped for - a memory for life. A restaurant my wife and I really can recommend !

2  Thank MikaandYlva
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great sandwiches to be had. Ingredients include real back bacon (a rarity in Thailand) and pork and herb sausages! Two reasons for any Brits abroad to drop in for breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank Ross_T_Malcolm