Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$48
View deal
Expedia.com$58
Priceline$58
Hotels.com$58
Travelocity$58
Trip.com$56
Destinia.com$198
All reviews top floor modern hotel huge bed sea view jacuzzi sunset island thailand monkeys krabi
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband & I had an amazing stay at the Houben! From the moment we were greeted by the owner, Walter and his daughter, Shana, we felt right at home. The staff were friendly and helpful. The beach and neighborhood restaurants are just a short walk from the hotel, but we spent a lot of time just lying by the pool and looking at the incredible ocean view. This was definitely our favorite part of our Ko Lanta stay.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
walterhouben, Owner at The Houben, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear BBB307,

Thank you very much for your kind review on us. It was great to hear that we could make your holiday happy . Please let us know for your next return to Koh Lanta Thailand , we are looking forward to serving you again and again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at The Houben Hotel in January 2013. The holiday was a birthday present for my partner and, as we have no children, this hotel appealed to me when booking. I was hoping for a peaceful and relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle. We had also planned our wedding to take place at the hotel and were very excited to be going.

The hotel is a very striking contemporary building on what is quite a rural quiet island. The hotel and grounds are kept immaculate and whatever you ask for is brought to you. Even suncream if you run out! Having only 15 rooms and no children means that it is very quiet and relaxing with only a short walk to more lively places to eat and drink if required.The food in their restaurant, Red Alert, is probably the best food we had on the island but it is very expensive compared to other restaurants. This is a shame as the restaurant was often very quiet in the evenings. If the prices were reduced I am sure more guests would stay to eat there. But, if you are in Koh Lanta it is definitely worth splashing out and trying them.

Shana, the owner's daughter, looked after us with so much care and attention that we could not have hoped for anything better. We even had a room change (to 305) which gave a much better view and more privacy.

The wedding day was a simple ceremony and all the staff worked so hard to make everything beautiful on the day. We had travelled alone so the staff joined us for the service with Shana being our ring bearer. She did a great job of delivering the rings in a lotus flower. Walter's wife, Hathaithip, was the best wedding planner we could have wished for. She organised someone to do the hair, flowers, music and made everything come together perfectly on the day. She worked so hard to make our day very, very special. We won't forget her!

We would definitely recommend this hotel for couples of any age and will return in the very near future. D&D

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank davidwlimb
walterhouben, Owner at The Houben, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear davidwlimb,

I am so glad to hear that our team was able to make your wedding day a memorable one. Our team is our strength and they will be very pleased to hear that they were able to deliver great service and an experience at the same time. As yo mentioned , our food at Red Alert could be the best in Koh Lanta but its comparatively pricey . Please allow me to explain the reason of the costliness.We always use fresh delivering from the origin . For example the rice we serve is authentic organic jasmine rice , the peanut we season on the pad thai , we will roast and ground them ( from fresh ) by our cook and we would never keep the, longer than 4 days ( preventing the growing of the fungus ) , we can give you assurance that you won't regret the price you pay . It has been our main concern to ensure our chef pays good attention on every dishes he prepares.
Please return to The Houben Hotel with the little D&D ( from The Houben , we wish) , look forward to welcoming you back to Koh Lanta, Thailand.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Architect brilliance, amazing, amazing rooms and just lovely staff. I stayed here as a solo traveller which is probably quite rare, but I felt comfortable, welcomed and met some amazing people. Originally endorsed by couples on a cooking course at Time to Lime, even knowing it was a small hotel loved by honeymooners I decided to move in and to be honest, it was the best choice I made on my trip. It's small but perfectly formed with enough room for all guests. The rooms were fantastic. It's just a shame that more isn't made of the bar and restaurant - the food and cocktails are great but it would really benefit from an outside dining area that made the most of the incredible view. The SPA is also great and the treatments an exceptional quality, but again, just felt more could have been made of it.It's fantastic and just one shade away from magnificant, and with such lovely owners, would love to see it just reach its potential.
I've stayed at the Pimlai next door and would choose here over there, but till just be willing on the Houben to sharpen a few points and kill the competition!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Melanie H
walterhouben, Owner at The Houben, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Melanie H ,

Thank you so much the lovely review . We're so happy to know that we were the best choice for your trip . The cocktail that you like squeezed from fresh fruit , the food made with fresh ingredients . The raw material that used in the spa came from the backyard . All were fresh and made with heart. Looking forward to serving you for your next return to Koh Lanta , Thailand .

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is my 3rd trip to Thailand and I must say the Houben took my breath away. Stay here!!!! The view of the sea is second to none and the staff couldn't be more attentive. If you are looking for a boutique hotel on a sleepy little stretch of koh lanta this is for you. That being said it is only 200 metres to a few great restaurant, A 7-11, massages and a few stores. The locals are lovely and I wasn't hassled once.

Places to eat:

Phad thai rock and roll - this place has shakes like no others and the most extensive menu! I had carrot, passion fruit and apple. Amazing and only 59b.

The drunken sailor: coolest place to eat in town. For your very own hammock!

Date of stay: February 2013

Dear holidayhopefuls ,

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback from your last visit with us, at The Houben Hotel, Koh Lanta . I was very glad to hear that you enjoyed the your stay and thank you for your address to our neighborhoods . Please let us know your returning to Koh lanta because we are looking forward to serving you .

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Houben is an architects dream. It takes your breath away once you reach the front, the hotel with it's fabulous views wow!.The sunsets really are amazing. Shorna Houben is a little workaholic & does an amazing job of keeping all the staff in order. Breakfast was lovely, my ham & cheese omelette was the lightest & fluffiest ever, the guests were friendly & all chatted at breakfast. Kantiang Bay is so quiet & peaceful, we loved the area. It is only a 10min walk to the beach or 2 mins in a scooter.There are good restaurants in walking distance & a five star hotel with all its large restaurants etc near by if you like that sort of thing but, if you like a small hotel, all with fantastic rooms & great balconies overlooking the sea, good food cooked to order, watch the odd family of monkeys pass by, chill on a happy hour cocktail, maybe chat to Walter Houben with his dry sense of humour & laze your days away in beautiful Koh Lanta at the Houben.

Room tip: We stayed on the top floor so had fab full sea views but all the rooms have a view
Date of stay: January 2013

Dear Taylortowers ,

We have always known our staff to be our best asset and I am glad you had the oppurtunity to enjoy their hospitality. I will be sure to share this with all of them and thank them for a job well done.
We all look forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future. Please let us know how we may assist with your trip back to Koh Lanta . Well noted that it was fun to talk with you too .