This hotel really is first class and on exploring the island, looked to us to be one of the best in Koh Lanta. We opted for a pool access room which was awesome - move straight off your terrace into the pool. The beginning of the pool was no more than 6 foot away from the end of your bed. The rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard and the were really spacious. Ended up staying five rather than four nights. Great views from the breakfast room. Only ate breakfast and lunch there but all food was very good. Also has a good quality gym.
The location is right at the top of Koh Lanta where all the ferries arrive in a nice litle market area with bars and eateries, or 10-15 mins down the road are a couple of strips with some nice bars/restaurants, or about 20 mins away is Long Beach packed full of beach bars and restaurants. A tut-tuk to Long Beach was around 100 bhat each.
We hired mopeds for fours days (maybe a bit too long) and managed to see the whole of the island.
If you're considering staying here, i'd say it's a must! We were limpressed and if we were to return to the island, i'd defintley stay here again.
And if you fancy your hand at learning some Thai cookery, make sure you book onto the evening coking course at Roi Thai. We had such a great afternoon/evening there learning all about Thai cooking and the ingredients and then cooking ourselves a four-course meal which we enjoyed on the beach as the sun set.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the privacy and natural setting of our 4.5 star boutique resort. With our property stretching across 22 hectares of park-like land it boasts gentle hills alongside steep cliffs overlooking the sea, an intimate and private white sand beach, as well as access to the famous 3km long Klong Dao Beach. Throughout our 83 generously-sized rooms and villas you’ll get the feeling of Thai contemporary architecture meets gracious Thai hospitality. Relax beside one of our two resort pools, enjoy the tastes of Thailand at our on-site restaurants, and be pampered at our rejuvenating Infinity Spa. In the evenings, sit seaside at our Reggae Bar and enjoy a cocktail while experiencing one of the best shows on the island – the sunset. The island of Lanta is still regarded as a green paradise where you will find splendid scenery such as rugged tree-covered hills, mangroves, and nine white sandy beaches. Our resort is ideally located, giving you the privacy of paradise, while also offering access to all the sights and sounds Koh Lanta has to offer. Crown Lanta has created lasting and vivid memories for guests worldwide, let us have a place in your heart as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crown Lanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Lanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Crown Lanta Resort And Spa