I am writing this while lying by the pool at the hotel- the point being the excellent - and free wifi in all areas of the hotel. We were not sure when we first arrived- the distance from beaches and the town , and the distance of the rooms from the lobby were a concern, but this is more than compensated by shuttle on demand from the rooms to wherever you want to go in the hotel complex. We never waited more than a couple of minutes for a shuttle to arrive.
The rooms are ok- a bit tired, but super clean and size able with a great bathroom and good size balcony.
We hired a scooter ( 300 baht per day) so getting around was no problem - but there are hundreds of tuk tuks if you don't want to do this. Salad an town is only a few minutes away.
The greatest asset of this hotel is their people. Literally nothing is too much trouble for them. Complaints ( or even suggestions) are taken very seriously and immediately rectified or addressed. All the staff, from the pool attendants through to management are super attentive and seem genuinely wanting to help. With that attitude the hotel has to be a hit.
If you want solely a beach holiday, then there are probably better options, but if you re looking for an oasis in the midst of the chaos that Koh Lanta can be, then I have no hesitation in recommending the Crown Lanta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the privacy and natural setting of our 4.5 star boutique resort. With our property stretching across 22 hectares of park-like land it boasts gentle hills alongside steep cliffs overlooking the sea, an intimate and private white sand beach, as well as access to the famous 3km long Klong Dao Beach. Throughout our 83 generously-sized rooms and villas you’ll get the feeling of Thai contemporary architecture meets gracious Thai hospitality. Relax beside one of our two resort pools, enjoy the tastes of Thailand at our on-site restaurants, and be pampered at our rejuvenating Infinity Spa. In the evenings, sit seaside at our Reggae Bar and enjoy a cocktail while experiencing one of the best shows on the island – the sunset. The island of Lanta is still regarded as a green paradise where you will find splendid scenery such as rugged tree-covered hills, mangroves, and nine white sandy beaches. Our resort is ideally located, giving you the privacy of paradise, while also offering access to all the sights and sounds Koh Lanta has to offer. Crown Lanta has created lasting and vivid memories for guests worldwide, let us have a place in your heart as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Crown Lanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Lanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Crown Lanta Resort And Spa