The Crown Lanta is set on a very steep hill, almost a 20% gradient. The lobby staff put on shuttle buses by request but my husband made me walk it. In that heat it almost killed me. I'm not overweight or old (I'm 29) but I am unfit and the hill is so steep. Don't let that put you off though, it is a beautiful setting.
We stayed in the Elegance Deluxe room which overlooked the sea and it was beautiful. The sunset is AMAZING and not to be missed.
Crown Reggae is a quirky little restaurant down by the sea and makes very good use of a small section of the beach.
The Cliff top pool is large and there are so many sunbeds around that there's plenty for everyone. They have parasols, fresh towels for everyone to use and the staff are so friendly. The food at the pool bar is delicious.
We walked past the swim up pool rooms and they looked nice enough but we preferred our room overlooking the sea and would sit on our balcony overlooking the sunset.
There's free wifi in the lobby and free to use kayaks both of which we took advantage of.
Long Beach (or Phra Ae) runs from Crown Lanta along to another resort and is a beautiful beach. A short 5 minute walk along the beach and you'll find so many Thai massage parlours where you can get a full body massage for an hour for 300 baht each (£6). There are also plenty of restaurants and bars with their tables in the sand so you can kick off your flip flops whilst you're eating and listen to the sound of the waves crashing whilst you sip a beer or Pina Colada.
There are a lot of Scandinavian families in Koh Lanta, we didn't come across any other English couples or even French / Spanish / German etc which we're used to seeing when we go to other holiday places.
Everyone rides on mo-peds so we hired one for 200 baht a day (£4 a day) and travelled round the island. It took 3 hours to go round the whole island. It is simply stunning and I'd highly recommend the island and Crown Lanta.
Saladan Town is only 5 minute car journey down the road and the hotel put on shuttle buses free of charge at certain times. A taxi only costs 50 baht each (£1). There's a market and several convenience stores and pharmacies etc there.
Saladan and Crown Lanta are right by the port for Koh Lanta and you can get a mini bus from Saladan port across to Krabi airport (obviously on the car ferry) for 300 baht each (£6 each).
There are several things you can do whilst on the island. We went Elephant Trekking, there are water sports and boat trips etc.
All in all we had a fabulous holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the privacy and natural setting of our 4.5 star boutique resort. With our property stretching across 22 hectares of park-like land it boasts gentle hills alongside steep cliffs overlooking the sea, an intimate and private white sand beach, as well as access to the famous 3km long Klong Dao Beach. Throughout our 83 generously-sized rooms and villas you’ll get the feeling of Thai contemporary architecture meets gracious Thai hospitality. Relax beside one of our two resort pools, enjoy the tastes of Thailand at our on-site restaurants, and be pampered at our rejuvenating Infinity Spa. In the evenings, sit seaside at our Reggae Bar and enjoy a cocktail while experiencing one of the best shows on the island – the sunset. The island of Lanta is still regarded as a green paradise where you will find splendid scenery such as rugged tree-covered hills, mangroves, and nine white sandy beaches. Our resort is ideally located, giving you the privacy of paradise, while also offering access to all the sights and sounds Koh Lanta has to offer. Crown Lanta has created lasting and vivid memories for guests worldwide, let us have a place in your heart as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crown Lanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Lanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Crown Lanta Resort And Spa