Crown Lanta Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Twin Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$28
$27
$100
$60
$246
$210
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$46
$36
  • Breakfast included
$27
$25
Agoda.com
Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort(Ko Lanta)
$133
$124
Agoda.com
SriLanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$37
$31
  • Breakfast included
Narima Bungalow Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$35
$32
Agoda.com
Lanta Castaway Beach Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$48
$47
Chaw Ka Cher Tropicana Lanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$59
$43
1,605 results
All reviewsreggae barthe cliffprivate beachpool access roompeak restaurantmain poolelegance deluxe roomswim up bartuk tukgrand villainfinity spaocean sunsetfree shuttleseafood buffetshuttle serviceblack pearllow season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is very very luxurious, you feel it from the first moments you enter the resort. The place is very big, it has a lot of rooms and 2 swimming pools. The rooms are absolutely huge, but great, and we had a gazibo, this is on the 2nd floor, with a huge balcony right above the swimming pool.

Although I really liked it, I am not sure I would stay there again as I found it slightly inconvenient. Here is why. It is a lot of walking for this place, to go the big swimming pool, the restaurant, the buffet, the breakfast, the bar or the beach, there is a bit of a hike. You need to walk all the way up the hill and then down the hill (can be slippery with flip flops and a definately no when it rains), so you can either walk it up and down, or wait for the buggy to come and pick you up. to go to the beach you need to also go down some other stairs (after the hike) but the beach is not good. it is very rocky and you cannot really swim. There is another way to go to a big beach which is very nice and very long, clean and sandy, where there is also a massage under there. Do not do a massage in the hotel! It is like 100 times more expensive than beach massage, which was absolutely fine.

Everything is expensive there, also the drinks at the bar. But on the flip side, they offer a free shuttle to the town with the minivan of the hotel at several times a day. there is also a scooter hire and a ticket office in the reception, but we found better prices in the town,for the trips we did.

Most definately if you stay at this hotel, take a room including breakfast, the buffet is absolutely fantastic! Well done!

It is a really great place, but I would mostly recommend it to my parents, for a nice, easy going, quiet holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool. the small pool is absolutely ok, no need to pay more for a room in front of the big pool. if you go for the small swimming pool and ground floor you have the luxury of entering the pool via your private balcony, however they are more expensive and if everyone swimming by can see inside your room. I saw people sleeping... not very nice if you need some privacy and your curtains open! we had the gazibo, right in front of the pool, just second floor, and it took less than a minute to the pool..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed for the last 4 nights of our trip. We had the sea view room which had a large balcony with an amazing view of the sunsets and thunderstorms. The room was clean, the bed firm, a bit of a water leak in the corner of the bathroom, but not a concern to us. We were close to the upper pool area which also had a view and eating area and bar and was very nice. There was access to the private beach too. The spa was great, breakfast was very good. If we needed a lift to or from the room and lobby, that was never a problem. We loved it here and would recommend this resort. Close to Saladan by tuk tuk.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've just left Crown Lanta after 5 nights there.
Please understand that I write this review having now spent 15 days in Thailand - this was our third resort in that time. We'd stayed in Koh Samui and Chiang Mai, booked early and got great rates, around $125 AUD per night and were completely blown away at both places! We did a lot of research before deciding to spend just over $200 a night for a pool access room at Crown. It's a lot more than we usually spend, so based on the reviews we were excited to have something so luxurious!
1/ We'd booked the speed boat transfer from the airport through the resort. it didn't happen. 45 minutes and several phone calls later(with people who couldn't really understand us), we were finally put on the ordinary transfer. It took nearly 3.5 hours for us to get to the resort. First impressions off to a bad start. We were met at the resort by Run, manager who wasn't aware what had happened. When we told him He was very apologetic, told us the trip would be free and that he'd arrange for some nice snacks in our room to apologize. Never saw the snacks. 2nd impression not good.
We were impressed by the grounds and the pools - but this would fade later once we discovered how many Mosquitos were around. This resort didn't seem to have anti-bug apparatus in the grounds or restaurants like others do. Even with an electric coil in our room they still got in - maids leave the door open when cleaning. The other thing they were missing in public areas is fans. No overhead fans in reception or the restaurant - just a couple of free standing ones which are not enough.
Large puddles of water were left on tiles in public areas after rain bursts - these were 1/ slip hazards and 2/ mosquito attractants! Other resorts sweep all the water away, but not here.

Please also note that the bars and breakfast restaurant are at the top of a VERY steep hill. Yes, they provide truck service up and down, but if you have an injury or limited mobility, this place will not be the best for you - choose somewhere flat on the beachfront.

On to the room - while the pool access was nice, we did not pay $200 per night, pre-peak, for cheap laminated furniture and flooring, one tacky plastic towel rail and a hard bed. Really disappointing.
No clock or radio in the room. No 'we're environmentally friendly so we'll only wash towels when you leave them on the floor' sign, and in fact we had fresh linen every day. Some would like that. I'd rather they saved the water and the laundry bills and spent it on decent furniture. The addition of more towel rails and a drying rack for each room could save them a fortune! But, even though this is a beach resort where people swim everyday, and have numerous wet towels and bathers, drying racks do not exist for guests at this resort. I checked.

I know I should have done the positives first, but I'm glad to say there are some.
1/ TWO awesome happy hours, almost back to back! Big tick!
2/ best minibar prices we've ever seen! Big tick!
3/ Hats off to Richard and the team at the Reggae Bar who went all out to make our two visits there enjoyable. Big tick! ...

Maybe you can see a theme there - constantly great bar services!
Unfortunately the same can't be said for restaurant and reception staff, well, not unless there was a manager around. Sadly we had better interactions with/ from the taxi drivers out the front of the hotel gates.
One exception was for my husband's birthday - when they presented him with a birthday cake and sang him happy birthday - that was really lovely and most appreciated.

This place has the views, it has the grounds and pools, it has some great potential and a couple of good managers - but in our view it's far from 'the palace resort of Lanta' and definately not worth $200 per night of our hard earnt money.

Unfortunately you'll see that management haven't responded to any Trip Advisor reviews, not even the good ones. I hope they start doing so soon.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChezzlesGee
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Located with perfect views to the beautiful Pipi islands this has got to be the best location in Koh Lanta and compared to other resort destinations even in Thailand quite affordable, so if you haven't been to other resorts you might just feel like you've died and gone to heaven. However, if you're well travelled, you may find this place lacking in attention to details, somewhat of a corporate feel and missing local charm, in other words, nothing here made me feel like I'm in Thailand and if you're not looking for that, this place could be perfect for you, but I felt it was a bit of a miss. If you come, I highly recommend to pay extra for the sea view rooms. That was the best part for me.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed in the crown lanta 11 -14 nov 2012 . I must admit having read the reviews on trip adviser prior to booking we were a little disapointed . first the positives . We were upgraded from a pool view room to a pool access room . breakfast was good . Free internet in reception . Free shuttle to town . Negatives , expensive , the pool bar in the bottom area of the resort was closed for the duration .Infact it was like two different resorts ,the top area where the higher grade accommadation was and the bottom area . Had to pay for internet in the room . Are main note of concern was the old ceramic liquid shampoo and conditioner containers loosely positioned in the shower cubicle . My wife whilst using one of these accidently slipped out of her hand [easily done with soapy hands in a shower] It smashed into hundreds of sharp pieces cutting my wifes leg slightly . [ I can only imagine what could have happend if it was a child] . We picked up evey piece ensuring the shower was safe for future use .My wife gave it to house keeping in a safe container ,and i reported it to reception explaining that it was a health and safety matter and that they should consider getting plastic containers secured to the wall . I felt as if i was not taken seriouse and was looked at as if to say what are you complaining about you got an upgrade . We were charged 300bt for the broken container on checkout .

Room Tip: rooms near the sea are closer to the action
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple