“Rude service”

Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Oakland, ca
“Rude service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I wish I had read some of the reviews before stumbling upon Funky Fish. Their location is great, very close to the beach but the two main staff members and most of the restaurant workers are rude and apathetic. On my first day I kindly asked for a standard amenity in the bungalows to be fixed and experienced the staff member telling me to talk to various other people to get it taken care of, after attempting to do so I went back to him and asked him to please take care of it himself instead of having me do so. He was incredibly rude and disrespectful about it and after staying there for 7 days, no one ever fixed the problem.

At the restaurant the main lady was often rude and disrespectful when I asked simple questions or asked for any advice.

If there had been openings at any other location I would have moved but ended up being forced to stay here during my time on the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ssfOakland_ca

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here for 600 baht-reasonable value right next to the beach.
The room was what you expect in a backpackers place-cheap furniture
a less than stellar A/C. There was a huge home fridge in my room which
didnt work but hey nobig deal.The guy who seemed to run the place had a
laiisez faire atttitude to virtually everything.I kept having to ask
him to reboot the modemon the wi-fi which he did when he got round
toit.I watched him having asked him 10mins before to reboot it-which
he hadn't done only to give the password to someone looking to use it.
The place was average in my view.
The Traveller

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Halmstad, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We only stayed for one night even thou we had booked for four. We stayed on a bungalow near the beach (they also have bungalows a couple of hundred meters against the main road). The bungalow was basic and ok, but they should take a little bit more care on the surrondings. The owner/ boss is not the most helpful or charming person that we met in Thailand and it rubs off on the rest of the staff as well. It could have been a real good place in the best part of Long beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Amboise, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hello to you, I came few days ago with my brothers and it was really great as the service that the room rent and especially a super friendly! Familly and staff, continue as it is really a super cool place to spend good holidays.

and if you ever voyer this message esque you could pass on my email to all waitress and boss :)
see you later :D
Timothe.poulain @ gmail.com

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I gave funky fish a chance despite the reviews, but the reviews we're very correct . On arrival I waited at the bar whilst a really rude lady kept writing bar dockets and asking have you booked have you paid ...?i booked via booking.com who advised that the hotel would let me know at check in if they had taken payment etc anyway eventually she got another guy to take me to a hut. On the way 3 different sets of people come up to him to complain about something in there rooms. On the outside the hut looked quite cute. Inside the room was very basic. And very dirty looking but hey ... The bathroom had phooey water in the toilet and dead bugs on the floor . I tried rearrange the room to make it more comfortable and noticed something big crawl under the bed . This was the last straw I went up the beach and found another hut at sea pearl lanta. There huts were cleaner and they were friendly all for the same price too. Be warned please don't stay here .... I lived in hostels for a year but this was awful !

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The worst place we had stayed on our trip to thailand was funky fish.
We reached there after 6 hours of travel and were very disappointed to see the place we had booked. Dirty shacks from inside and cheap furniture on the inside. The sheets, pillows and towels were very old and had lots of stains. No toiletries, toilet paper or glasses/cups in room.
Didn't deserve more than 200 baht and we paid 700 for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uglykidjoey
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Lanta no less than 7 times over 8 years!! We've watched it change from a backpackers hideaway to a family island, and it still retains most of its beauty and charm! It is more touristy now, with the tailors and souvenir shops like Phuket, but it's still a wonderful place to visit!

We've stayed at LD, Arrow and Funky during this visits, all if which have been for 3 weeks at a time and my boyfriend stayed at Arrow for 3 months in 2005! We keep going back to Funky because its reasonably priced, the garden bungalows are large and they are quiet. We never choose the aircon ones, the fan is fine. They also have hot water and a big fridge. The beds are typical of Thailand, they are hard, but we like that! The rooms are cleaned regularly, the cleaners live at the end of the row of bungalows. If you feel your room needs a clean, or you want new towels, go and ask them, they don't bite! They come along with a trolley and empty the bins every morning and sweep the steps to the bungalow.

The restaurant isn't the greatest, we always eat at Somewhere Else, but for their rooms, they are cheap and good! You will be treated as you treat them, worth remembering!!

• Stayed October 2012