“Do NOT eat here!”

Moonwalk Lanta Resort
Ranked #111 of 145 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
“Do NOT eat here!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We just eat here, but I can say thank god we only eat, worst experience in Thailand so far, food full of grease, without taste, I had problems after, service was poor, rude, without any care, at least three other tables around us was disappointed so it is not just our opinion.

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very clean room, nice staff, i booked 2 nights and I decided to stay 2 more weeks with my family. The food is very nice, and if you think you may wait a longer time than you are used to, that depends on the fact that food is freshly prepared and not quickly microwaved and served. The staff is very nice, some speak better English than others, but this is Thailand. Outstanding! I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Moonwalk is literally the worst hotel I have stayed in. My boyfriend and I booked the hotel online a week prior to our stay. We called to confirm in the morning before we arrived and asked if a shuttle from the hotel would pick us up at the pier. The employee from moonwalk was waiting for us at the pier. She is a nice woman and assured us that we would only be waiting ten minutes. She did not have a vehicle there. Apparently the hotel dropped her off at the pier to get us. An hour later the "shuttle" aka a pick up truck, arrived to take us to the hotel. Once at the hotel we were net with nothing but frustrations. The hotel did not have our reservation. Somehow Ethernet that morning and early evening they had lost it. Consequently we were put in a lower standard room and not offered any compensation for it. The room was absolutely disgusting. There was pee in the toilet and hair all over the floor. The smell in the room was horrid. We immediately went out to find another hotel. We had only booked two nights, thank goodness. The hotel staff was incompetent. The woman that picked us up was nice and apologetic but the rest of the staff were u helpful and rude. There were several customers lined up complaining. The employees did not care. The pictures online of this hotel are completely deceiving. It should be shut down. Seriously GROSS. The restaurant at the hotel is also terrible. Breakfast is included in your stay but be prepared for raw eggs and to wait a couple hours to finish your meal as it takes a substantial amount of time to be handed a menu, drink, food, eating utensils!

Moonwalk please do everyone a favor and upgrade your hotel and servie or get out of the business

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank johnsonashley

Travelers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked a bungalow in this hotel after seing beautiful pictures at Agoda...
What an awful disenchantment when it turned out that the so-called bungalow was actually more of a dark rabbit-hutch, near the staff rooms (employees even put the towels to dry in the bushes in front of my "bungalow" - cf: picture).
No to mention that the room was not cleaned during my stay.

Avoid this place, there are plenty of nicer resort in Ko Lanta.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GinoHuaHin
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have never left a negative comment about a hotel before, but beleive this place deserves all the negatives it has. Stayed her for 3 nights which was 3 nights to long was supposed to stay for 6 nights but ended up leaving at our own expense.
We stayed at the front duplex style bungalows with our 2 children in the adjoining room, initially the position (a few metres away from the pool) compensated for the broken and run down furnitured interior, or so we thought. Majority of staff behaviour is very unfriendly if you don't drink at the bar and spend money in the resort, the last night we stayed here there was a very drunken party held by staff and some party goers that went until 4:20am in the morning including swimming in resort pool,yelling and screaming. When we woke in the morning there was underwear, bottles, full ashtrays, swimwear tops all around the pool and bar area really disgusting. When we complained no one approached us personally to appologise until we approached them the manager claimed that it would not happen again, that he had spoken to all staff, when we told them we were leaving one of the offending staff approached us and tried to justify his behaviour by saying that he worked hard and was just having some fun......that the music didn't go that late...... Well guess what moonwalk resort staff your customers work hard to pay for holidays such as this as well, we just choose not to be offensive morons. Food is very overpriced, and so are drinks. we spoke to some local buisiness's outside of the resort which state that this was regular occurrance's at this resort.This is not a family resort, shame though as the position is nice but there is nicer beaches that aren't littered with broken glass etc. this is more of a backpackers standard hotel, but beware backpackers this is still not value for money as many backpackers leave as we'll.

• Stayed December 2012
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed September 11, 2012

First sorry for my bad english (I'm german) - At Ton Sai (Krabi) we bought tickets for boat & bus to Ko Lanta. As we arrived at Krabi town, some "rip-off artists" asked us if we already have a hotel at Ko Lanta. We didn't, because usually we prefer to check accomodation on the spot. These men showed us a flyer from the "Moonwalk Resort". Our first thought was "wow!!" we absolutely have to go there! The images on the flyer were fantastic and looked like paradise is waiting for us. The men wanted us to pay the rates for the bungalow - so we did. When we arrived at the Moonwalk Resort, we were speechless. It started with the bungalow (450 Baht per night, air-con)... it was really dirty!! On the sheets were hair, blood and dead bugs. The bathroom was full with ants and flying cockroaches (the only ones we saw during 2 months travel) and the floor wasn't clean at all. We thought "OK, the bungalow is not nice... let's go to the beach (which was like paradise on the flyer)" You really can't imagine how the beach was... full with rubbish... rubbish as far as you can see.

See my video here: http://tinypic.com/r/4lnib4/6

The pool was also very dirty... the water was almost green. The restaurant wasn't open and there were no other people. The bar was also closed all day. We asked to get our money back and to leave earlier, but there was no way. In the end, the staff ignored us completely. We took our backpacks and left ([--] the money) and headed to Phi Phi Island. The best decision we could make! I get goosebumps when I think of Moonwalk Resort. I'm very well traveled... and I've been in Thailand more than 10 times... but never had something like this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stefanie S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have never left a reveiw before for any accomodation but this time I feel I have to because of the very bad service we received. The rooms were below average for the price we paid, during our trip to Thailand we were given much better accomodation for less.

But the thing I would like to complain about is the staff being very rude and moody at one point we were shouted at. On our last day when we were in a rush which they knew, they over charged us for breakfast and insisted we paid until I had to get the menu and show them the price. Then they would not give our key deposit back as they said it was not the same signature we signed in with, which is ridiculous because who elses would it of been if it was just the 2 of us staying there. After a lengthy argument whilst our ferry bus was waiting we eventually got it back. I would never advise anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends