“Wonderful Experience in Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lanta Pole Houses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Lanta Pole Houses
Ranked #83 of 203 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Shanghai, China
“Wonderful Experience in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

When I arrived at Lanta Pole House, I was stunned by its beauty and the great location. The house is really built on the sea, I had my first sea fishing in a beautiful evening and I would surely remember this for a long time. The old Lanta town is such a lovely place where you can experience the local people's life and find some interesting shops. During my 3 days stay, Susanna the owner was very helpful in providing detailed information and arrange different tours for me in Lanta Island, I'd certainly go on one of her boat tours if I have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Janny0302

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
coffs harbour australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have just spent 3months staying at the Lychee house and as I am into kayaking this was the perfect location for me, the house is a lovely local style timber house with great open air rooms and a fantastic deck to sit and relax enjoying views of the neighbouring islands, also if you are like me, an early riser you will be blessed with some of the best sunrises you would possibly hope to see
The house facilities are perfect , the kitchen is well equipped , the bathroom is funky and has plenty of nice hot water with a local flick shower also if you want , the main bedroom is really comfortable with aircon for those hot nights but with the house being so open and with fans the house has a pleasant breeze most of the time
The owner could not have been more helpful and as she has been here so long her local knowledge is invaluable, she will put you in the right direction to all the local seafood fresh daily , restaurants beaches etc
I have been to Thailand many times also Lanta several times over the last few year and this time was fortunate enough to find this place and I all I can say is this is truly the best

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank simmo081
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

Coconut house may be the nicest house I will ever stay in. The moonrises in front of your own private deck, fresh seafood can be bought from your local fisherman neighbors only doors away and the tide shifts under your floorboards. My wife and I we're in SEA for 6 months and for 2 of them we stayed in Old Town on Ko Lanta. Great food good people, and if your happen to be there in March you'll catch Lanta Lanta, 3 days of great food, music, dance and Chang... Susanna and Sun are infinitely helpful and fun to hang with... I couldn't ask for anything more...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank mowflizzle
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

We booked this online and were not disappointed when we arrived. The overnight train from Bangkok to Surat Thani was good, but it was all night travel so we missed the sights. Then another 4 hours to get to the Ferry. Was it worth it? YOU BET! Lanta Old Town is not a typical tourist town. It is a real Thai village. It was hit pretty hard by the Tsunami and is slowly re building. And this is part of the charm. The Lanta Pole House is homey, and comfortable. You can sit on the porch overlooking the water for days. Quiet, and serene the water lapping at the pole supports, amazing sunrises, fishing boats on the horizon, and even next door. Need a scooter? Just ask next door! Need a car? Enquire at the Bar. A wonderful experience to relax and feel like a real holiday! Nothing to do is GREAT! The House had all the comforts, an air conditioned room, loft bedroom, and the rest is open plan! Also included is Internet connection.The water didn't always come out the taps, but showers were Thai style with a large water pot and a bucket. All in all the best part of our three week holiday!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lyle b
Khana33, manager at Lanta Pole Houses, responded to this review, January 21, 2010
Thanks for your review, we are very happy that you both enjoyed the house, on a side note: Lanta Old Town is going through some major infrastructure upgrades. A brand new water system is being installed and a sealed road from Ban Chi Lee, is under construction. All set for completion in early 2010. We are very excited about all these improvements to our charming Lanta Old Town: The soul of Ko Lanta.
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

We stayed for one week in Lanta Pole House in Lanta old town. The location is exceptional, beautiful views, great restaurants & really friendly people. We were met by the owner on our arrival & given star treatment! And this was not for just the first day, Suzanna the owner continued to offer advice and assistance for the duration of our stay. Susanna also organizes longtail boat trips to the outer islands which I would highly recommend. All in all we had a wonderful & memorable time there, so much so we wanted to stay another week, but alas the house had been booked. Would recommend this house for couples or families who want to experience a real taste of Thai village life.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple