“Fabulous”
Review of Escape-Cabins

Escape-Cabins
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Honestly this place is great. Yuko, her staff, Tiger, Moustache and the rest of her loyal companions keep you really well looked after. Everything is really clean and just a gorgeous retreat. Lovely pool. We didn't want to leave in the end!

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed in Koh Lanta for 4 weeks and it was an enjoyable stay. Yuko and her staff always helped out where ever possible. I stayed in a room with a kitchenette and was able to cook my meals which was lovely. The beds I can say are amazing so you will definitely get a good nights sleep if you book here! The swimming pool is also nice. You get to see the view of the mountains behind the cabins so it's a nice atmosphere to relax and chill out if you want.

There are a few activities on the island which I took advantage of - scuba diving, elephant trekking, mangroves kayaking, the 4 islands tour, touring Koh Lanta Noi, seeing the cats and walking a dog at the animal refuge, practising Muay Thai, getting massages at Diamond Lanta (best place I've found), having burgers at Fat Monkey (best burgers on the island behind Drunken Sailors which is in Kantiang Bay), travelling to nearby Krabi, touring the island especially seeing the Lanta Old Town, the southern national park with the light house and Kantiang Bay. I highly recommend staying with Yuko and Escape cabins if you get the chance.

Room Tip: Get the room with the kitchenette so you can cook
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank hyperchiller
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in ko lanta for four nights. The room was lovely, bed comfortable, space for self-catering! The owners and staff were very welcoming helpful and attentive. They were extremely friendly and we knew we were in good hands here. It felt safe and the whole atmosphere was great! At first I thought that the room would have lots of Mosquitos but this was not the case. The bathroom has cut outs on the wall for ventilation but this did not invite Mosquitos in which was great. The bathroom was a little hot but this wasn't a problem for us. We stayed in the end cabin which had our own sun loungers and seats. We had a little visitor (a lovely, friendly brown dog) who slept outside our room each night and would greet us and follow us everywhere. Don't be afraid of him if he comes to greet you. He belongs to the restaurant next too the escape cabins where we had breakfast. He made our trip very enjoyable :)!
Escape cabins have a warning about potential power cuts and provided us with a torch. This was helpful to know and it did happen on our first night. There is a lot of useful information about the area and the restaurants that they recommend. We had our breakfast next door and this was great value for money and very nicely done! They close on Wednesday though.
The tv had great channels on for when the weather was not so good. In reception they have books and DVDs available. The reception is closed for staff from 5pm but kept open to access these facilities.
The main member of staff / owner had helped us to arrange our trip to phi phi and this was fantastic service. She actually came down to our cabin to ask us where we were going and how we planned to get there.
The pool area was very nice but only had two sun loungers so we were lucky to have some outside our room.
It was a shame it was the low season as there was not much to do. This made the hotel even better and we used this as a relaxing break in our two month trip around Thailand.
We would highly recommend this place to travellers on a budget who want an excellent experience and stay in ko lanta.
We had an unforgettable stay and we could not thank the staff enough for such an excellent service and help.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I really enjoyed staying in the Living Cabin for a few weeks. It was so cozy and had a very functional kitchenette so I was able to cook for my little niece. I loved the location with the pool and beautiful mountain backdrop. The staff was so helpful and gave me a ride to the clinic when I felt ill. The staff even went out to get me some food when I was so tired; very caring staff. Yuko is super organized and if there is a problem she fixes it immediately, this is extremely rare unless you are staying at a 5 star resort. I also loved having so many cable channels too. Most people don't care but I was staying long term and it was relaxing to have so many English channels and watch movies in the evening. I think if you are okay with not staying right on the beach, Escape Cabins is the best option. Thanks so much Yuko, you have taken such pride in your darling rooms and it really shows!

Room Tip: If you need a kitchen, living room is a great option and fast internet....
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Escape Cabins for a month during May this year. We have traveled a lot through Thailand over the past few years, and rank this as one of the best we have ever stayed at. The facilities were clean, spacious and well presented, and all the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Yuko is an amazing host and ensured that everything went smoothly during our stay. We enjoyed our stay so much that we have just re-booked for a month at Christmas time. I'm sure this says it all!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Zen" room which was great, but the design of the resort means that all c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I went in low season but couldn't have picked a better safer place to stay.
I originally booked Mook Lanta Cabins who cancelled on me with no explanation. When I put feed back on trip advisor about this I relieved a barrage of offensive emails.
I later found out their cabins had no security and had been broken into and a lot stolen from them.
I hear from other travellers has been common this low season.
I booked here as an alternative. Thank God!
These cabins are perfect. Clean, stylish, gaps between them so you don't hear your neighbours.
Satellite television and comfortable beds. They are a 5 or 6 minute walk to the beach.
Awesome value for money, just be aware the pool is small and shallow.
I didn't stay my full trip as planned due to the power outages and poor condition of the beach.
There isn't a generator here to use in a power cut which also means no running water (but they have buckets).
Apparently the outage when I stayed was unusual. I was the only person travelling solo here so the outages affected me a bit more than the others so I left early.
The owner was very understanding and gave me a refund for the days I didn't stay, which she didn't have to do.
She is a real people person and I will be back here when the weather is better as I know no matter what issues may arise the owner will do everything she can to make sure you are happy and have an enjoyable stay.
First rate customer service.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spent 3 fantastic nights at Escape Cabins and really wished we could have stayed longer. When we arrived, Yuko, who is an amazing host, offered us a free upgrade to the Comfort Double Room as it was quiet season. The room was really beautiful, artistically decorated and immaculately clean. The bed was so comfortable, had a great night's sleep every night. Wifi was excellent. Large flat screen t.v with plenty of channels, which came in handy one day as it rained for most of the day. Air-con worked perfectly. Bathroom was spotless. Really nice complimentary gourmet nescafe and herbal teas, as well as bottles of drinking water provided every day. The bungalows are set in a lovely, peaceful garden, and there is also a really nice pool to cool off after a day at the beach. Really good location too, just a stone's throw from Long Beach, which is definitely the nicest beach on the island, and also lots of restaurants very close by. The Irish Embassy bar, which seemed to be the only bar open during slow season, is a pleasant 15 minute walk away. Everything was perfect, I can't find anything negative to say. I would only stay here if I was coming back to Koh Lanta.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple