“Smart option on Long Beach”
Review of Escape-Cabins

Escape-Cabins
London
“Smart option on Long Beach”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Really liked this hotel, it is made up of a number of cabins set around a swimming pool which is open 24 hours. The resort is quite small and owned and run by Yuko who gives brilliant service. Not the cheapest option on Long Beach by any means but very good value for the price. Beach is only 4/5 minutes away.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Suzhou, China
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was definitely one of the best places we've ever stayed.
We were here for 3 nights and enjoyed everything about it. The pool is great, room is great, very clean and lots of space. Also lots of space to put things away, in case you stay for a longer period, you don't need to live out of your suitcase.
There is no breakfast or any type of food or drinks available here, but that doesn't matter, as Yuko gives breakfast coupons for the restaurant across the street and there are many restaurants and bars around to choose from.
Location is also very good, as we like a bit of peace and quiet. Escape Cabins is just of the main road, away from the noise, but just a short walk to many restaurant, bars, massage places etc. And if you want to go further away, you just rent a motorbike or catch a tuktuk.
Yuko is so wonderful and helpful, she can arrange everything you want. She arranged a motorbike for us, cooking course, pick up from the ferry and pick up to ferry.
We really enjoyed it there and will go back ones we're in Thailand again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed alone in the cottage (I know.. haha) just for one night. Yuko was very kind to still go through everything with me i.e. remote control, doors, pool...etc. I like that the pool is 24hours. She must had knew I was ready to jump in there and got the lady to once again clean it up a bit.

The cottage does not include breakfast but Yuko included for me but she forgot about the voucher. So she insisted and handed me some money as refund though I refused. Then the minivan to the airport screwed up but Yuko handled it calmly and even checked if they could refund me as well. I must say she is very upright! We spent a while chatting and I was very impressed by her, and of course the rooms there. Everyone I met who stayed there before me was very satisfied and I think Yuko is no doubt a reason why people like that place.

The cats there love sneaking around but they are all gentle and harmless.

Location wise, its situated somewhere quiet but not too far from everything. Just opposite the main road they served pretty good food. I'm not sure about the other rooms but in mine there was a map that shows what's nearby which came in handy.

From our chat, I knew she works with only operators she thinks are good and reliable so if you are looking for diving, tours, cookery class etc you can just book it with her!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hamilton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here due to the good reviews on tripadvisor. I would stay here again and was very happy with everything. Room was great, the service was excellent and the breakfast over the road was a good touch of Thailand. The only issue was a pub nearby that played live music on the Monday night. Ear plugs sorted that out though.
If I go back to Lanta I will be staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancee for a week, rooms are clean, well equipped and very tidy. The service from all the staff and the lovely manager Yuko was fantastic. They really made us feel at home.
The location is about a 10 min walk from the beach but has a small pool. In koh Lanta, the distances are quite big so you need a scooter to get around anyway (unless you want to taxi everywhere) so the location away from the beach didnt bother us at all. The only complaints would be some noise from the nearby bar and in my opinion the pool area was quite small, but this would certainly not keep me from staying here again. Great value for money in the mid range accomodation area.

• Stayed November 2012
Seoul
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My partner and I stayed here with a couple of friends for a week this past October. I was highly referred to Escape-Cabins even before booking my trip to Koh Lanta. My referral was based highly on the quality of accommodations and the knowledgable and generous hospitality of manger Yuko. Expectations were already high, but somehow these expectations were completely surpassed during our stay.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone! Especially people that are looking for a place that they can enjoy and relax and not feel like they are in a large business hotel or a budget guesthouse. This place is not a place to just be passing through. If seeking a place to seek refuge, relax, some privacy, and just to enjoy your travel companion this is it. You'll want to stay here much longer than you've booked.

In this small boutique cabins, you'll find a different range of rooms ranging in size and amenities, be sure to check out which room suits your needs best. The rooms are equipped and decorated in a style of minimalistic nature and practical use. It felt like I was staying right at home with all the things I could possibly need (power outlets, tv, dvd player, kitchen, laundry hamper, closet, night stand). Room were kept immaculate on a daily basis by workers who understood your needs. I felt so comfortable at Escape, and never felt like my belongings were unsafe. There is a safe box in every room though! The number of rooms are minimal keeping the atmosphere and environment relaxing and calm at any given time in the day. The rooms are equipped and well thought out with all thing that you could want or need. I stayed in the living room where there was a kitchen with basic pots and pans for breakfast in bed if you so desire.

Any questions we had Yuko was more than knowledgable. She was easy to find if not at her desk and was extremely helpful on all accounts. Bikes? Yes! Food? There! Activities? Which ones? She made every transition or contact smooth and with ease. Corresponding with her before, during, and after the trip has been such a joy. She is prompt with anything you may need or anything you would like to book all without being in your face! A smart, friendly, understanding and reliable person!

Short highlights for me were...
- no pool hours (open all the time)
- private
- wifi was amazing and never disconnected
- great food and beach location
-transfer from pier great!
-informative and caring staff!
- immaculate and well maintain property and landscaping.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: All rooms are slightly different but the website and the photos on the website are extremely accurat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linhyrd
Wales. UK
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was looking for a place to enable myself and my partner to relax and I thought I found a little gem, however I actually found 4 gems.

The first gem was the place. It is a small complex of cabins in landscaped gardens centred around a lovely swimming pool. The landscaping is gorgeous and very neat. The site is set back from the main road so the first thing one notice is the drop in noise as you approach and once you get there it is so quiet and peaceful.

The second gem is Yuko the owner. Every enquiry I made was promptly replied to and she was only too pleased to help. Anything you need to know, anything you need at all, just ask Yuko. She arranged everything from motorbike hire to privately hired boat trips with companies she trusts and she negotiated very competitive prices for all of these kinds of things.

We stayed for the most part in one of the Comfort cabins which are a good size. All rooms have a fridge, are furnished nicely and we had the luxury of having the pool just literally 15 steps away. The pool is the cleanest it could be, the water like bathing in silk. Due to my partner being a bit ill for the first two days we lived in the pool and it is during these first two days that I felt that I had found a lovely little sanctuary.

For the last night we stayed in one of the Cosy cabins. These are a little smaller but still have a double bed and furnishings to make them quite homely. Now we were 10 steps from the pool. Awww that lovely pool makes a wonderful centrepiece of the complex.

We didn't stay in the cottage with the kitchen but all cabins have a kettle to boil water which serves us just fine. The only thing we needed was a chopping board and knife to cut fresh fruit and this was provided very promptly.

The two other gems; the housekeeping staff. I apologise for not remembering one of the their names but both of them kept the rooms very clean, they take care of the gardens too but most importantly for me was not their duties but their smiles as they go about their business. Pook is like a Thai goddess, a ray of sunshine and truly lovely person. The other housekeeper who's name I forget (i'm sorry my dear) is another gem with a smile which warms your day. Both of these housekeepers work very hard around the complex and are there if you need anything.

Outside the complex and back on the main road there is a convenience store just at the entrance to the lane and opposite the drive is one of the best places to eat at local prices.

All rooms have Air con.

I just wish we could have had one more extra week here but alas we had to go home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple