“Glorious villa, awesome week!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
skocicka
Singapore, Singapore
“Glorious villa, awesome week!”
Reviewed October 29, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We had a fabulous week at Laurent's villa in Koh Lanta. I traveled with my husband, two children (age 2.8 months and 8 months), grandma (age 61) and our nanny. Booking process and communication right up until check-in was prompt and helpful and Laurent made sure we had everything I requested such as a cot, 2 high chairs and extra mattresses for the floor (for the rolling toddler). Nick the manager was great as well, communicating with me on our arrival details and throughout our stay.

Villa was exactly as shown in the pictures and we really loved it. Was minimally decorated yet practical, and yes the pool is smaller than shown in the photos but it was perfect enough and we used it every day. Both my girls absolutely loved it. And it was great to take a dip in the hot afternoons.

Beds were great, king-sized, bedding soft and clean. Mattresses were firm but my back loved it and my husband didn't complain even though he prefers a soft mattress. Most beds in the villas in Thailand and Bali that we have rented are on the firmer side and I think it's good because it means they are much cleaner - mould and dust-mite free.

Bathrooms were great, a little bit outdated but had everything we needed. We had no issue with the water, we took mostly lukewarm showers and baths so didn't need to use the hot water heater that much but when we did, it worked fine. Nice that lots of toilet paper was provided and more than enough towels.

Living room, kitchen and dining area was spacious and functional. Fridge was large and kitchen supplies all there - except a coffee maker but we survived ;-) Great there was one standing fan provided as well. Also good to have a drying rack we could move around. And my toddler loved the Jenga game and I perused some of the books from the library collection. There was also a TV and DVDs of movies but we never had time for that!

Villa location was up the hill and I timed it - it took 5 minutes to walk to the main road for coffee, etc and another 5 min max to walk to the beach. The way back took only slightly longer but it was a good workout and Grandma didn't seem to mind!

We ended up renting a car that Nick helped arrange for us at a great price because we wanted the mobility and in the low season, we didn't see a lot of tuk tuks. Plus there was a lot of us so we needed the space. Mostly we loved the freedom of driving around, which we did a lot of, to get groceries, check out all the amazing cafes and restaurants and explore the whole island. It really helps in Koh Lanta to have a vehicle no matter where the villa is located as it is quite spread out and easier (and cheaper) to get around if you rent a scooter or car. I liked the location of this villa, it was nice to be away from the main road and up the hill. All the rooms really do have a seaview and every night we watched the beautiful sunset.

Our only feedback - when it's time to make some updates.... it would be great to have some new, plush bath towels, new water kettle and new toaster and brighter lighting/lamp in the living room and one more standing fan to put in the living room. Oh and a coffee maker would be lovely :-)

But those are just very minor things. Overall, this is an incredible, gorgeous spacious villa that we highly recommend and would definitely stay again! Thank you so much Laurent and Nick, you were both gracious and professional and very nice!

Until next time!

Liked best: Spacious, seaview, sunsets
Liked least: some of the amenities could be updated as per my review
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Angelica...
“Amazing place in a beautiful island!”
Reviewed February 24, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

What can we say...This place offered everything we were looking for:
Close to the beach
Close to restaurants
Comfortable and Spacious
Great service - Thanks Nick and Laurent for that

We had such an amazing time on Lanta that we are planning to come back next year! Hopefully, we can come back to this place :-) Again, thank you so much for EVERYTHING!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: The Pool
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Benoit R
“The best holidays EVER!”
Reviewed February 8, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

It's the second time we have been to Koh Lanta. We rented this villa which provided an excellent location, comfort and service! Laurent was very quick to respond to our emails and Nick, his manager was super friendly and helpful. We will definitely recommend anyone to stay there. We were with our 2 children and they loved it!

Liked best: Location, Location, Location
Liked least: pool size
Friends getaway Families with young children
macymae20...
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Not good enough!”
Reviewed December 31, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I'm going to try not to be too negative about the Sea life villa.
We have stayed in villas/appartments in loads of far flung places in the world, and I have to say, this was by far the most uncomfortable!
Yes, the villa is spacious and roomy. But the basic comfort needs were not met. The matresses on the beds were the hardest I have ever slept on. The sitting room furniture was hard and uncomfortable. Even the dining chairs were uncushioned! Little things that make all the difference.
There is a plumbing problem. If the downstairs toilet is flushed the wrong way, the water continues to pump and the pump eventually fails. If you leave the house, having forgotten., or not noticed, there will be no water for a few hours when you return. We had to wait for water quite often.
The final insult was the 'laundry bill'. In one week, a cleaner came once. Changed sheets, towels etc. Stuff that you expect to be included in the price. But we were presented with a bill for them! And the electrcity was added to the bill at the end. Which also, I have never experienced before.
The cooking equiptment provided was okay.
The location was up a hill from the main strip. Which isnt a problem if you're young and fit! But in the heat, a struggle!
All in all...would we come back? To Ko Lanta yes...to Sea Life Villa....no!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jan 7, 2015
Hi there,

I am the owner of the house. I am very sorry if you didn't find the villa to your comfort. I wished you communicated your issues while you were there as I could have helped to resolve some of them. All my reviews never mentioned any issue related to the bedding. In fact, we have added extra padding on each mattress a while ago but unfortunately, we can't please every guest preference in terms on how they like their bed.

The description of the villa indicate that the electricity is extra. We do provide house keeping once a week and It is also mentioned on Trip Advisor that you are able to request the house keeping to be done more often for a small fee.

The location is also mentioned on the map which shows that we are very close to the beach, restaurants and more...We never described the house to be by the beach. We are literally at 300m from the main road, which most people prefer.

As for the plumbing, there is no problem with it. However, it's possible that the flush could get stuck for whatever reason and it's a problem that can get dealt with very quickly if you communicate the problem on time.

We are on an island and the water comes from a well which sometimes can be dry up for a short while if it hasn't rain for some time. I asked my manager to check if the previous guest had this issue but none of it happened.

I'm glad you enjoyed the island and if you do return to Koh Lanta, please don't hesitate to contact me as I will be more than happy to provide you with free nights accommodation to make it up to you. I always ensure that my guests get a great stay with us. I am very sorry that our house didn't met your criteria.

As you can see, we receive great overall rating on Trip Advisor, plus personal email from our guest providing very good feedback.

All the best.
Lori A
“WOW!!! Fantastic Island and great villa”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed early July and had a wonderful time! Koh Lanta is a great island for a family and lots to do. I was with my husband and out two kids. The villa provided all the needs we wanted. Safe, Quiet and close to the beach. Nick, the manager was super friendly and very helpful. We rented a car from him and he organized our airport transfer.

Thank you so much for proving such a nice villa. It was clean, comfortable and so much fun for the kids. They loved it!

We will be back :-)

Alexandro family

LisaD3636
Toronto, Canada
“greatly enjoyed”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and teenage son stayed in this villa in April 2014, we had a wonderful relaxing time and the manager was wonderful. He was very helpful, in telling us where to visit and sights to see. We enjoyed the near by village of Saladan. Many wonderful beaches around to check out! Beautiful views and we enjoyed cooling off in the splash pool.

Traveling group: Teenagers
DC
Reviewed April 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Apr 12, 2014
Hi there,

I'm very sorry that you couldn't rent our villa and I apologized for this duplicata as I didn't realized that my manager had already rented out the villa. However, as you know, I contacted you right away and refunded you the full amount. You sent me an email back to thank me.

I'm not sure why you think we are not legit. We have throughout the year many guests renting the villa. This was an error at the booking process and we rectified it as soon as possible. I offered you to help you finding another villa in the interim, which you refused.

I understand your disapointment but errors can happen and we dealt with it the best we could.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing