“WOW!!! Fantastic Island and great villa”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

macymae20...
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Not good enough!”
Reviewed December 31, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I'm going to try not to be too negative about the Sea life villa.
We have stayed in villas/appartments in loads of far flung places in the world, and I have to say, this was by far the most uncomfortable!
Yes, the villa is spacious and roomy. But the basic comfort needs were not met. The matresses on the beds were the hardest I have ever slept on. The sitting room furniture was hard and uncomfortable. Even the dining chairs were uncushioned! Little things that make all the difference.
There is a plumbing problem. If the downstairs toilet is flushed the wrong way, the water continues to pump and the pump eventually fails. If you leave the house, having forgotten., or not noticed, there will be no water for a few hours when you return. We had to wait for water quite often.
The final insult was the 'laundry bill'. In one week, a cleaner came once. Changed sheets, towels etc. Stuff that you expect to be included in the price. But we were presented with a bill for them! And the electrcity was added to the bill at the end. Which also, I have never experienced before.
The cooking equiptment provided was okay.
The location was up a hill from the main strip. Which isnt a problem if you're young and fit! But in the heat, a struggle!
All in all...would we come back? To Ko Lanta yes...to Sea Life Villa....no!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jan 7, 2015
Hi there,

I am the owner of the house. I am very sorry if you didn't find the villa to your comfort. I wished you communicated your issues while you were there as I could have helped to resolve some of them. All my reviews never mentioned any issue related to the bedding. In fact, we have added extra padding on each mattress a while ago but unfortunately, we can't please every guest preference in terms on how they like their bed.

The description of the villa indicate that the electricity is extra. We do provide house keeping once a week and It is also mentioned on Trip Advisor that you are able to request the house keeping to be done more often for a small fee.

The location is also mentioned on the map which shows that we are very close to the beach, restaurants and more...We never described the house to be by the beach. We are literally at 300m from the main road, which most people prefer.

As for the plumbing, there is no problem with it. However, it's possible that the flush could get stuck for whatever reason and it's a problem that can get dealt with very quickly if you communicate the problem on time.

We are on an island and the water comes from a well which sometimes can be dry up for a short while if it hasn't rain for some time. I asked my manager to check if the previous guest had this issue but none of it happened.

I'm glad you enjoyed the island and if you do return to Koh Lanta, please don't hesitate to contact me as I will be more than happy to provide you with free nights accommodation to make it up to you. I always ensure that my guests get a great stay with us. I am very sorry that our house didn't met your criteria.

As you can see, we receive great overall rating on Trip Advisor, plus personal email from our guest providing very good feedback.

All the best.
Lori A
“WOW!!! Fantastic Island and great villa”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed early July and had a wonderful time! Koh Lanta is a great island for a family and lots to do. I was with my husband and out two kids. The villa provided all the needs we wanted. Safe, Quiet and close to the beach. Nick, the manager was super friendly and very helpful. We rented a car from him and he organized our airport transfer.

Thank you so much for proving such a nice villa. It was clean, comfortable and so much fun for the kids. They loved it!

We will be back :-)

Alexandro family

Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
LisaD3636
Toronto, Canada
“greatly enjoyed”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and teenage son stayed in this villa in April 2014, we had a wonderful relaxing time and the manager was wonderful. He was very helpful, in telling us where to visit and sights to see. We enjoyed the near by village of Saladan. Many wonderful beaches around to check out! Beautiful views and we enjoyed cooling off in the splash pool.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DC
Reviewed April 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Apr 12, 2014
Hi there,

I'm very sorry that you couldn't rent our villa and I apologized for this duplicata as I didn't realized that my manager had already rented out the villa. However, as you know, I contacted you right away and refunded you the full amount. You sent me an email back to thank me.

I'm not sure why you think we are not legit. We have throughout the year many guests renting the villa. This was an error at the booking process and we rectified it as soon as possible. I offered you to help you finding another villa in the interim, which you refused.

I understand your disapointment but errors can happen and we dealt with it the best we could.
Montreal

Reviewed July 25, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
dennis y
Margate, United Kingdom
“highly overrated”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

This looks great on the internet,however do not be fooled.What it does not tell you is that you are overlooked by a block of other holiday rentals(within 15 meters of the rental) .when we arrived at the property it had not been cleaned,was filthy dirty and smelly. We had to drop our bags off and walk to the beach area and sit around for a couple of hours, which was not nice after traveling for over nearly 19 hours.When we got into the rental we found that ther was no hot water at the kitcheh sink,or at the wash basins in the batrooms.My friends (a couple) who were also staying with us were not happy at all,when doors to the bedroom and bathroom were sticking and had to be forced open,then during their first night the a.con broke down and we had to hunt around for batteries.Next morning my friends wife decided to prepare us breakfast. but when she got out the frying pan it was covered in grease, and the plates and cutlery were also dirty.It was then we noticed a bad smell and after a search found some rotting food under a cushion on the sofa.This was the final straw for my friends who moved into a hotel.We could no afford to follow suit, so my wife spent half a day cleaning the place!.When we checked out we were also presented with a laundry bill which was mentioned.All in all this property is tired,is a 10 min walk to anywhere and at night is not illuminated at all,please stay somewhere else.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: leaving
Liked least: dirty place
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 10, 2013
This review is largely exaggerated. The guest has arrived at the villa on a day, where we had a power cut on the island. It doesn't happened often but being in Thailand, those things happened time to time. Our cleaning ladies didn't show up on that day because of it and it's very unfortunate that the villa didn't look as tidy as it should upon the guest arrival. However, we explained the situation but the guest over reacted and one couple decided to leave while the other couple stayed. The villa got cleaned up as soon as the electricity backed on and the couple
has spent a good stay till the end.

upon their return back home, the couple sent me an email asking for a discount about the first day. I agreed to offer them 1 free night and transferred the money to an account that was incomplete (wrong address). The guest complained again, even so I prove them to I didn't have the right banking address. Few days later, they wrote this unfair review.

I have rented this villa since 2010 and 99% of my guest had spent an excellent stay (see reviews).
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing