“Lanta lanta...then it has to be thai house beach resort at long beach...”

Thai House Beach Resort - Koh Lanta
Calangute, India
“Lanta lanta...then it has to be thai house beach resort at long beach...”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Wen u are in koh lanta then it has to be thai house beach resort ..stayed 2 nd time was just short stay 4 nights only felt miserable..next time may be 1 week.. ....best place to stay ..closest to the beach....just a min walk ...7/11 just nearby ...good restaurants nearby.... Specially Tiger wings...do try sphaghetti bolognaise ...the owner Kim is very nice n helpful and the cute receptionist Ni and Aom......thanks Aom for staying late evening as I reached late on island....will come back soon...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fernandes72

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pune, India
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at Thai house beginning of March.
Location is just perfect.2 minutes from the Long Beach. The beach is very good especially during the high tide it is just perfect. There is a good selection of restaurants very close to Thai house. All restaurants serve very good food. We loved going to May's kitchen, Rann and Galaxy restaurant.

Rooms are very comfy and clean. We had a problem with aircon but the Thai house team rectified the issue and also provided a fan on request.

I did the reservation through email. Kim answered all my queries and did the reservation for me without any deposit amount. I think this was very kind of her. Kim and her team (Nee and Ahom) are very helpful and help you with all the necessary bookings.

We had fun staying at Thai house. Thanks ot Kim and her team for making our stay wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RnGdiaries
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in Ban Saladan for a couple of nights I wanted to move to a quieter part of Lanta. Thai house made my time on the island memorable. I upgraded from a non aircon bungalow to aircon on the second night the best decision I made as the fridge in the room helped me hold some food, fruit & drinks from the local shop. TV in room although didn't come on holiday to watch TV.
Room clean, staff extremely friendly, so much so I ended staying here for 5 nights, I was only going to stay foŕ 2!
Excellent advice given for local trips, restaurants etc.
will definitely be coming back!
Thank you Kim & your team!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rhakee C
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This must be my 5th or 6th visit to Koh Lanta (my favourite Thai island!) and each time I have stayed at Thai House...
Location wise it's fantastic, Prae Ae has a wonderful selection of restaurants & bars all within walking distance. Faim de loup - French bakery, May's Kitchen - some of the best thai food on island, with cool little bar run by Tony, Irish Embassey - cool pub that sells cider (a rarity in Thailand) and Mook Lanta who do an excellent breakfast and also been told his pies are very good (didn't get chance on this visit!)
Resort is 1 min walk from beach, rooms are comfy with Ac, fridge and TV. If you need anything else Kim or one of girls at reception, Ni or Aom, are always more than willing to help. ie mopeds, daytrips, laundry, general advice etc....
Although it may not be one of the cheapest places on island it is highly competitive with prices and the level of service given by Kim and staff make it a must stay place. I look on this as my second home now! Looking forward to my next stay already!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank DiscoDave1970
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a lovely stay at Thai House Beach Resort thanks to the wonderful Kim and the rest of the friendly staff. They were so welcoming and helpful.

We stayed in an aircon room with hot shower but no sea view for 2,000 THB per night. I think it was good value compared to other options around. The room was large and clean, and also had a tv an fridge. The resort is on a lovely stretch of beach - many of the beaches lose access to the sea during low tide due to rocks, but it was possible to swim here all day.

Great stay, would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lightup
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend staying at Thai House during your time on Koh Lanta.

Kim, Ni, Aom and the rest of the staff were so welcoming and helpful which made my stay there all the more enjoyable.

The accommodation I chose for my budget (Bungalow 13) was basic (double bed, ceiling fan, mosquito net, private bathroom, cold water) but good value for money.

Thai House is conveniently located on Long Beach (2 min walk away) and various local amenities. If you're scuba diving, Dive and Relax (again, highly recommended) is 5 mins walk away along the beach.

All in all, I had a great stay and hope to return one day in the future.

Thank you!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel by chance, it was advise of our diving agency and we were very happy to stay there. Our bungalow had a great terrace with see view, the hotel is charming and with a fantastic staff, the girls in the reception speak good English and also very reliable as we forgot our IPad in the reception and in the day after we asked about in and it was safely stored. The hotel owner, Kim, is very receptive and give good tips of where to go in the island. We recommend the stay there, you will love the sunset in the beach and also have the chance to eat in nice restaurants close by with sea view. If we go back to Koh Lanta we will definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple