“Best experience ever!”
Review of Dive & Relax

Dive & Relax
Ranked #1 of 37 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Avoid the crowds; dive and snorkel in very small groups with a focus on great personal service, safety and fun. Departing from the beach each morning at 9am, our two speedboats carry a maximum of 10 divers each to some of the best dive sites in Thailand. PADI courses available in several languages, and with typical group sizes of just 2 or 3 divers with each divemaster or instructor (max 4), diving is more than just a job for us. Enjoy our PADI 5-Star service and let some of the most experienced, friendly and professional dive instructors on Koh Lanta take care of you while you just sit back, dive and relax...
Reviewed April 23, 2014

As a newbie, i was only doing an intro course. I have done this a couple of times before, most recently an intro course in Byron Bay. However, this experience out trumped them all!
I actually have a slight fear being under the water, i never like to go too deep hence always too scared to get actual license. I've done a number of intro courses before but with Dive & Relax, i felt the most comfortable and they were definitely the most accommodating.
I had two scares in the water, as i had slight issues with water getting into my mask. My first instinct was to bolt to the top but my instructor was just soooo amazing, he reacted straight away, calmed me down and helped me breath normally and fix my problem in the water. The entire time i felt safe and comfortable.
But the most amazing part to this whole experience was them helping me to take photos in the water! I wasn't allowed to take a camera with me because i'm not licensed, so my instructor helped me capture some of the moments. With other places, they will either just turn you down straight away, or charge you through the roof.
I think being a small dive shop, they really cared about giving you the best experience. It was just me and my bf with the instructor, we got his full attention in the water and back on the boat it was a small group of 8 with the other instructors and staff. It really lived up to it's name "dive and relax"!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have done a few dives but my day with Dive & Relax was the best I've had. The staff were very, very friendly, efficient and professional, from my very first email enquiry and throughout. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone considering a dive school in Koh Lanta.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

What can i say about these guys there?
They know the job, they make you feel good, you have a great diving experience and fun.
Strongly recomended for fund dives or courses.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We took a PADI diving course with Dive & Relax and had the most wonderful time. Staff were amazing and very competent, always with safety in their mind but a lot of fun as well. Really good speed boat rides, providing fast trips to underwater heaven!! Thanks to Wade for sharing 4 of our best days in South East Asia so far.
Would go back in a blink of an eye.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We did the 'Discover Scuba Diving' experience with Relax and Dive at Ko Lanta. We have had no experience of scuba diving in the past and whilst travelling around Thailand we felt that it would be something we would like to experience and after a bit of research we decided that R&D seemed to have a good reputation and good dive sites. The 'DSD' allows 'newbies' to do two dives in one day.

We booked the course on arrival at Ko Lanta with Beth who was very helpful and friendly. Two days later we arrived for our DSD experience at Koh Haa.

We were on a boat with two snorkel divers, 4 fun divers and two instructors. We (myself and my partner) had one instructor, Rhi. We felt very lucky to have 2-1 training and the group was small, as promised. I believe that it can be 3-1 or a max of 4-1.

Before we set off Rhi went through some of the basic instructions, we then got on the boat and quickly arrived at the dive site. As they use a speed boat you get to the dive site long before the big boats do, which is cool. Rhi explained the equipment to us, which they take care of, and then we jumped in.

Our first dive was mainly made up of going through three basic skills and then Rhi lead us both around the water. I had a scary moment during one skills test where I panicked and gulped water, my instinct was to get out of the water but Rhi helped me straight away and instantly solved it and I continued the dive.

We got back on the boat and moved to the second dive site. We had food on board which was good. Drinks are plentiful on board and you can help yourself. The four fun divers got to see a whale shark on their dive which sounded amazing!

On our second dive we got into the water and after our descent to 12 metres we followed Rhi who showed us various fish and underwater sea life which was incredible. We had gotten used to breathing underwater and using flippers (to a certain extent!) and the second dive was certainly more enjoyable. It was incredible to see the underwater life.

Although we had a good time with R&D I feel that perhaps we did the wrong thing doing the DSD experience. During the dive both myself and my partner 'popped up' and it was mainly due to us not having a full understanding of the instructions that Rhi could give us underwater. Unfortunately as you can't talk you have to be able to understand the signals and I think maybe the breathing, using flippers and learning all the signals is maybe too much to do in a couple of hours! I must admit we both felt pretty scared afterwards.

Reading the other reviews of this company illustrates that our experience was out of the ordinary but it does seem as though a lot of these reviews were for fun dives or the proper 3 day courses so that's obviously the way to go! Overall a very professional company and friendly staff.