“Great location. Honest fresh seafood”

Kantiang Bay View Resort Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 317 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having read the other reviews of this restaurant I am glad we ate here prior to reading

The restaurant is in a beautiful location adjacent to the excellent laid back why not bar dead Centre on the beach. We were actually having a drink in the bar as the restaurant was seeing up for the evening and decided to try the place.

Big bamboo furniture directly on the beach so you can sit barefoot with your toes in the sand. The food is a mixture of traditional Thai rice and noodles plus an impressive stay of fresh caught fish.

We ordered a snapper bbq'd on the beach in soy ginger coriander and garlic. The fish was extremely tender fresh and succulent and at 80bht per 100g good value. We also ate 4 Tower prawns which were again bbq'd right there on the beach. At 200bht per 100g they are pricey but good. Obviously the problem with cooking Tiger prawns on a bbq is they lose some of their juiciness bur that is a small price to pay for the location.

We also had fried rice worth seafood and pad Thai goon. Both were flavoursome and very good especially at 100bht per plate.

Drinks cone from the why not bar next door

With regards billing - it was accurate and arrived when requested. They even accommodated me paying by card for a 3% service charge which is fair. All in all a great location with good honest cooking and pricing. Service is obviously not the ritzy Calton but if you come here expecting that you either got on the wrong plane or desperately need to spend 3 weeks here to unwind.

There are newer reviews for Kantiang Bay View Resort Restaurant

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the resort 6 months ago and decided not to again - lazy staff and dirty, overpriced - we would only eat there and listen to the band afterwards. Our first night the food arrived after a long time and was cold. We sent it back. We asked for the bill and after 15 mins I told them I would be in the bar when they got around to it - it arrived after 2 hours with the drinks added on that we had paid for earlier, the drinks are paid for separately even if you order more whilst you are eating you have to rummage around to find the cash whilst your food cools. - We tried again on our last night and the owner took our order, after 45 minutes we checked that we had not been forgotten, after an hour we walked out. The staff stumble around with plates of cooling food trying to find the correct table, I did suggest last time they think about numbering the tables - a suggestion not acted upon - the staff so friendly but incompetent - I was so hungry and felt ill - we went to the drunken sailor around the corner and wont make the mistake of continuously giving another chance to the Katiang Bay Resort - we wont stay there ever again or wait for food ever again. So many nice places to stay around - Ancient Realm opposite - and so many lovely places to eat - it is the only place in the bay to sit on the beach and eat but no good if your food doesnt arrive!

1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed April 4, 2013

we particulrly liked the mussaman with chicken, it was the best what I have ever had and i have had lots

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Not much to add to my review's title, really, I came and ate here with my family, we managed to find things for everybody to eat (ie non-spicy for the kids, a bit hot for the adults and v spicy for me).
Recommended

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place is its location. You get a great view of the beach and Kantiang Bay from most tables. Service was not as friendly as other places. Food was fine.. but nothing special. OK for a lazy lunch.