“cool and friendly”

Lanta Miami Bungalows
Ranked #24 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed April 28, 2012

this place is the friendliest place I ve been in Thailand,you feel at home with Zak(the manager)and his family.I stayed 1 week and I extended one more week.....
The restaurant on the beach is quiet romantic(chairs on the beach,candles on the table....)....the staff is wonderfull,it's aplace you want to go back;many thanks

Room Tip: try to get a front beach bungalow,
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cloBelgium

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed 4 nights @ miami in a standard room. First about the room. It was a little bit dated. The aircon was blowing straight at the beds and there was limited natural ventilation. I wouldn't recommend a standard room. The other rooms looked much nicer eg the seaview chalets. Next time I would spend little bit more money.

The atmosphere @ miami is great! The staff very helpfull, the food very good with nice decorated tables at night and right on the beach, a nice fire show in the evening, a great swimming pool, very close to the beach (snorkeling is poor, but good for a stroll along the beach) and the most beautifull sunset ever.

The dive school GoDive which you can book over there (someone will come over and explain everything) is great. We did two excellent dives at Ko Ha Yai, which is really awsome. Pretty cave, great visibility, lots of different coral and fish (hawksbill turle, lionfish, smashing mantis).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Once again we had a wonderful stay at Lanta Miami. The family who run the place are really welcoming. The rooms, pool and gardens are really clean and well maintained and the staff are always helpful and friendly. The food is wonderful and it is so nice to be able to eat a meal while sitting on the beautiful beach.
We will be back.

Sean and Lynda

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chapelrock
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Don't listen to anyone who writes a bad review about Lanta Miami..
This place is so special..
Great accommodation, Great food and most importantly great people !!
We have been coming to Thailand for over 10 years now, and we always seem to come back to Koh Lanta for one reason.. Lanta Miami !! Love it..
People who complaint about water pressure in showers, waiters hanging around the table for orders... get over it.. its Thailand ! Enjoy your holiday and get a life !

Santi & Will

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Will H
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We had dinner at Miami restaurant on the beach. Atmosphere is just wonderful. But one waiter ruined our experience. We got the menus and there were lots of choices to choose. Waiter was standing next to our table and waiting for our orders. We told him we need couple of minutes to make up our minds. He did not get the hint to leave us alone for a while. We felt a bit pressure to tell him our choices.

We placed our orders and showed him from the menu what we wanted. My friend got her portion rather quickly. Mine came after 5 minutes. By that time my friend's food got cold. When my portion was finally brought to me, it was not what I ordered. Waiter blamed I had ordered it. After some discussion he took the portion away and did not even apologize. When I finally got the food I ordered my friend had finished her eating.

Good was ok, nothing to mention about.

BUT when we got the check, there were too many portions to be charged. When we mentioned about it, waiter just said I'm sorry. But it was too late to be sorry. He tried to overcharge us because of his mistake...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jelbrew
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were looking for a family bungalow with balcony, pool view, sea view, restaurant and bar, authentic thai style and family owned (if possible) at a mid range price. We got everything we wanted from Miami Lanta and more. Luckily it resembles nothing of the real Miami. It is perfect for family but it certainly wasn't dominated by little screaming kids. It seems to attract a good balance of all groups of people. It has a really relaxed atmosphere and the staff are just marvellous. The owner and his family are great and really fair. They are a hardworking family who have built the resort from a guest house. I think some of the negative views are from people who are used to hotel or resort chains. I also need to make a comment about the review from the person who had food poisoning. The family provided you with free transport there and back to the hospital. This is a gesture that they didn't have to do and demonstrated their kindness and concern for you. I can't believe you then expected them to pay for your hospital fee and then wrote a bad review after they didn't pay for it. People can get food poisoning any where - it happens. We would highly recommend this place and we intend to come back in two years.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MelbourneDonna
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Lanta Miami is amazing...we spent a week there and it was pretty perfect. The rooms have just had a makeover and are spacious and clean. There is a new pool which was great for the kids and the garden setting is really pretty. The food is great and the staff are so lovely and can't do enough to help. The sun sets directly in front of the resort and P'Dang's bar is the perfect spot to chill out in the evening.
Having looked at the other bungalows on long beach I would definitely say that Lanta Miami is the nicest and really good value.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family