“Great Location, Nicely Run Family Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Good Days Lanta Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Good Days Lanta Beach Resort
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Shanghai
“Great Location, Nicely Run Family Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good Days Lanta is a nicely run, clean, neat and well located family run hotel. Its the kind of place that most travelers wish there were more of. I've stayed there twice and enjoyed both stays. It is not a luxury resort, has no pretense, and is a great place to stay.

I scanned the reviews below and rather than starting from scratch thought I'd address some of the complaints:

1) Funky Monkey. The new bar wasn't there during my first stay and yes it makes a lot of noise on nights when they have live music. Its certainly not the fault of Good Days Lanta that their neighbors are noisy, but it is a consideration if you are a light sleeper. Rooms at the southern most part of the resort are best. I do agree with some reviewers that this could be a problem for some travelers. I wish the Funky Monkey would go out of business!

2) Thefts. My room had a safe in it and I used it. Need I say more? When scanning the reviews for hotels in Koh Lanta many had reported small petty thefts. This region of Thailand is poor and invariably some inhabitants will be tempted to steal. Sad but true. It is my opinion that Good Days Lanta runs a pretty tight ship as it is family owned and it is highly unlikely that the staff are going to rob you. Most of the staff have been there for quite a while.

3) Breakfast. Breakfast is good but not great. I agree with other reviewers that this is one feature of the hotel that could use a bit of an upgrade. The food is fine, just not inspiring. The selection of restaurants in the area, including a French baker, does make up for this.

4) River. It was interesting to hear someone complain about the small river that runs along the side of the hotel and out onto the beach. It is quite scenic and the kids play in it for hours. I thought it makes the property unique.

OK so Good Days Lanta is not perfect, but I think that the location, combined with clean rooms and nice beach are really worth a visit. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Divers: Dive and Relax is Koh Lanta's top Scuba company, and is just next door. I dive with them twice now and cannot recommend them enough. The combination of Dive and Relax and Good Days Lanta really does work well. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the southern part of the resort......as far away from Funky Monkey as possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mainsail10010

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Thai first
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We arrived in Koh Lanta with nowhere to stay and this was the first place we came to where we didn't think we'd be eaten alive by insects.
The beach front location is great with lovely views, although there are nicer beaches on Koh Lanta as this part is very rocky.
The small bungalows are very run down inside. The decor etc looks as though it needed replacing some years ago which is surprising for the price of a room.
There is a nearby bar/club which goes on untiil 2am. THIS IS NOISY! It kept us awake until it finally closed so if you want a good nights sleep then choose somewhere else.
Breakfast was included and was good. The staff were helpful and provided advice on excusions etc.
We only stayed for one night and then chose another hotel. I would not stay at this hotel if i returned as i think it is overpriiced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anna4450
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This resort is really chilled, nothing very fun. I was quite skeptical before I booked it but upon arrival I was quite surprised. This place, in my travelogue, is a bit of a luxury. It is so close to the beach, up the road you can find anything (anything basic, dont expect an Apple store please haha) within 100m. The daily cleaning was very appreciated. One day I slept in late and they tried knocking twice. After I went for a cuppa and back the room was cleaned. Impressive aint it! Breakfast was average - western food is really not Thai peoples forte lets face it. But if you are nice and treat the staff with respect, they are very friendly and the lady who works in the morning remembers my order daily.

With regards to the river - it didnt look muddy at all to me. The river actually cuts through so you can decide to stay if you are reluctant to cross the river. If you intend to cross, just be aware there is a drop but nothing steep to speak of. The beach around Good Days have lots of tiny rocks which can make it less comfortable. If you want nice beach its good to make a trip to Koh Rok. I've seen many families with young children and even babies so didnt think it would be an issue. Otherwise, they have pools.

The bar smacked on the beach is where I hang out almost daily. It gives a good view of the sunset. The ladies there were very nice too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cattidudette
Otta, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed there for 11 nights in dec 2012, and had a very nice stay. We had a beachfront AC bungalow. It was no luxury, but clean and cosy. Only steps away from the beach. There is a nice little bar down by the beach, Moonshine bar. Perfect for the beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sirkeline
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I knew going in that Good Days was pegged as a budget hotel and that was exactly what I was looking for. I was in Lanta to do some diving and just wanted a place to sleep close enough to restaurants and beaches. I chose the most basic fan bungalow. Being the offseason I think I was one of three people in the entire resort and got lucky with a room right in front on the beach. If youre booking the basic fan room ask for room number 1 if they have it. The room itself is basic- bed, safe and fan. Be warned, the fan is a table fan mounted on to the wall so doesnt really do a great job of providing air so it wont be near enough if its hot. I was there in october and it was just passable. The bathroom is fine- clean and neat with a nice hot shower which is just what I wanted.
The resort property is very nice- the entire place is lush and green and right smack on the beach for amazing walks and sunsets. And right outside on the main road are excellent restaurants and bars.
The staff at the resort are excellent- they really did take care of everything I needed. They arranged a minivan pickup directly from the airport and drop off at the resort, I hired a scooter for a couple of days from them directly and they pointed out restaurants and things to do on the island. Very very polite and helpfull at all times!!

I read some reviews complaining about the 'river' running between the resort and beach. Its more of a little stream which really doesnt stop you from getting to the beach even at high tide and it makes for fantastic scenery. And its not dirty at all. And I was there in so called dirty low season.

Be warned that the resort restaurant and bar is closed in the low season- something that is not mentioned on their website. Which is allright because there are plenty of options within walking distance. For some of the best thai food in thailand try 'May's Kitchen' on the mainroad just outside the resort entrance to the left as you come out. I also tried the breakfast at the restaurant on the corner nearest to the resort and was very very dissapointed- they dont know what scrambled eggs are and the sausages are thai style uncooked. Had many thai meals at may's and was never dissapointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room as close to the beach as possible. Gorgeous scenery and quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GovindKumar
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We Stayed at Good Days in March and some of our friends woke up to a buglar in their room. When the police came to speak to the guests, police told guests this particular accomodations has been broken into numerouss times. Yet nothing has changed. FYI

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank D F
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We went to Koh Lanta 2 years ago and stayed at Castaway resort and wanted to go back again but Castaway was full. Our main reason for choosing Good Days was that it was next door to Castaway so convenient for diving at Dive and Relax (based at Castaway). We were apprehensive about staying here having read some of the previous reviews but we found Good Days very good indeed.

There is a range of different types of rooms and prices so you get what you pay for. If you stay in one of the older cheaper rooms don't expect your room to be as good as one of the newer more exensive rooms! We stayed in the Beach Cottage which is the most expensive room. It was a very good choice as it set slightly back from the beach and has great beach views and isn't overlooked by other cottages. There is a small garden area in front of the cottage but some guests rudely walked through it as a shortcut to the popular restaurant and bar at Castaway. There are very few other properties as close to the beach on Long Beach as this cottage. The Cottage was spacious and comfortable and really well lit - good for bedtime reading! The bathroom is enormous but rather empty. Room was cleaned daily.

Breakfast was good - a buffet of fruit, eggs, ham, sausages, toast, pancakes, cereal etc..some other reviewers complained about breakfast but we had no complaints. Perhaps if you get up at 10am breakfast will have gone cold but we never had this problem. We had a massage at Good Days on our last day and it was the best massage we have had in Thailand. The fact that Good Days has a swimming pool is also a big bonus as most resorts don't have pools. There is also a large pleasant garden with plenty of sun loungers and deck chairs and beach towels are provided.

Unfortuntaley there is a bar called Sanctuary just a few metres down the beach and on our 1st night (a Thursday) there were live bands playing until 3am so we didn't get any sleep. We stayed 6 nights and there was no noise on any of the other nights.

There are lots of good restaurants nearby - those on the road are slightly cheaper than on the beach. We ate at 3 mums, fishermans and went to Saladan a couple of nights to the fish restaurants - all of which were very good. We didn't eat at Good Days other than breakfast.

Room Tip: We recommend the Beach Cottage
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple