Good Days Lanta is a nicely run, clean, neat and well located family run hotel. Its the kind of place that most travelers wish there were more of. I've stayed there twice and enjoyed both stays. It is not a luxury resort, has no pretense, and is a great place to stay.
I scanned the reviews below and rather than starting from scratch thought I'd address some of the complaints:
1) Funky Monkey. The new bar wasn't there during my first stay and yes it makes a lot of noise on nights when they have live music. Its certainly not the fault of Good Days Lanta that their neighbors are noisy, but it is a consideration if you are a light sleeper. Rooms at the southern most part of the resort are best. I do agree with some reviewers that this could be a problem for some travelers. I wish the Funky Monkey would go out of business!
2) Thefts. My room had a safe in it and I used it. Need I say more? When scanning the reviews for hotels in Koh Lanta many had reported small petty thefts. This region of Thailand is poor and invariably some inhabitants will be tempted to steal. Sad but true. It is my opinion that Good Days Lanta runs a pretty tight ship as it is family owned and it is highly unlikely that the staff are going to rob you. Most of the staff have been there for quite a while.
3) Breakfast. Breakfast is good but not great. I agree with other reviewers that this is one feature of the hotel that could use a bit of an upgrade. The food is fine, just not inspiring. The selection of restaurants in the area, including a French baker, does make up for this.
4) River. It was interesting to hear someone complain about the small river that runs along the side of the hotel and out onto the beach. It is quite scenic and the kids play in it for hours. I thought it makes the property unique.
OK so Good Days Lanta is not perfect, but I think that the location, combined with clean rooms and nice beach are really worth a visit. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Divers: Dive and Relax is Koh Lanta's top Scuba company, and is just next door. I dive with them twice now and cannot recommend them enough. The combination of Dive and Relax and Good Days Lanta really does work well. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the most beautiful beach, Long Beach or Phare-Ae Beach with blue crystal clear seas, a self white sand beach and pine trees, This is what one can call a real picturesque, virgin- resting paradise .Come and check it out yourself ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Good Days Lanta Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Days Lanta Chalet And Resort
- Good Days Lanta Chalet Hotel Ko Lanta