I knew going in that Good Days was pegged as a budget hotel and that was exactly what I was looking for. I was in Lanta to do some diving and just wanted a place to sleep close enough to restaurants and beaches. I chose the most basic fan bungalow. Being the offseason I think I was one of three people in the entire resort and got lucky with a room right in front on the beach. If youre booking the basic fan room ask for room number 1 if they have it. The room itself is basic- bed, safe and fan. Be warned, the fan is a table fan mounted on to the wall so doesnt really do a great job of providing air so it wont be near enough if its hot. I was there in october and it was just passable. The bathroom is fine- clean and neat with a nice hot shower which is just what I wanted.
The resort property is very nice- the entire place is lush and green and right smack on the beach for amazing walks and sunsets. And right outside on the main road are excellent restaurants and bars.
The staff at the resort are excellent- they really did take care of everything I needed. They arranged a minivan pickup directly from the airport and drop off at the resort, I hired a scooter for a couple of days from them directly and they pointed out restaurants and things to do on the island. Very very polite and helpfull at all times!!
I read some reviews complaining about the 'river' running between the resort and beach. Its more of a little stream which really doesnt stop you from getting to the beach even at high tide and it makes for fantastic scenery. And its not dirty at all. And I was there in so called dirty low season.
Be warned that the resort restaurant and bar is closed in the low season- something that is not mentioned on their website. Which is allright because there are plenty of options within walking distance. For some of the best thai food in thailand try 'May's Kitchen' on the mainroad just outside the resort entrance to the left as you come out. I also tried the breakfast at the restaurant on the corner nearest to the resort and was very very dissapointed- they dont know what scrambled eggs are and the sausages are thai style uncooked. Had many thai meals at may's and was never dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the most beautiful beach, Long Beach or Phare-Ae Beach with blue crystal clear seas, a self white sand beach and pine trees, This is what one can call a real picturesque, virgin- resting paradise .Come and check it out yourself ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Good Days Lanta Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Days Lanta Chalet Hotel Ko Lanta
- Good Days Lanta Chalet And Resort