We went to Koh Lanta 2 years ago and stayed at Castaway resort and wanted to go back again but Castaway was full. Our main reason for choosing Good Days was that it was next door to Castaway so convenient for diving at Dive and Relax (based at Castaway). We were apprehensive about staying here having read some of the previous reviews but we found Good Days very good indeed.
There is a range of different types of rooms and prices so you get what you pay for. If you stay in one of the older cheaper rooms don't expect your room to be as good as one of the newer more exensive rooms! We stayed in the Beach Cottage which is the most expensive room. It was a very good choice as it set slightly back from the beach and has great beach views and isn't overlooked by other cottages. There is a small garden area in front of the cottage but some guests rudely walked through it as a shortcut to the popular restaurant and bar at Castaway. There are very few other properties as close to the beach on Long Beach as this cottage. The Cottage was spacious and comfortable and really well lit - good for bedtime reading! The bathroom is enormous but rather empty. Room was cleaned daily.
Breakfast was good - a buffet of fruit, eggs, ham, sausages, toast, pancakes, cereal etc..some other reviewers complained about breakfast but we had no complaints. Perhaps if you get up at 10am breakfast will have gone cold but we never had this problem. We had a massage at Good Days on our last day and it was the best massage we have had in Thailand. The fact that Good Days has a swimming pool is also a big bonus as most resorts don't have pools. There is also a large pleasant garden with plenty of sun loungers and deck chairs and beach towels are provided.
Unfortuntaley there is a bar called Sanctuary just a few metres down the beach and on our 1st night (a Thursday) there were live bands playing until 3am so we didn't get any sleep. We stayed 6 nights and there was no noise on any of the other nights.
There are lots of good restaurants nearby - those on the road are slightly cheaper than on the beach. We ate at 3 mums, fishermans and went to Saladan a couple of nights to the fish restaurants - all of which were very good. We didn't eat at Good Days other than breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the most beautiful beach, Long Beach or Phare-Ae Beach with blue crystal clear seas, a self white sand beach and pine trees, This is what one can call a real picturesque, virgin- resting paradise .Come and check it out yourself ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Good Days Lanta Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Days Lanta Chalet Hotel Ko Lanta
- Good Days Lanta Chalet And Resort