after reading some of the previous revues I was rather nervous about our vacation to Lanta, as we booked 8 days in this resort.
However we were positively surprised!
traveling with 3 smaller kids this was a really good place for us to stay. First we had the Beach HOuse: 3 large double bed rooms with own baths. my sister had one room - the two oldest kids the other and the parents the last. Nice and tidy - not a lot of furniture and deco - but we did not need that. when my sister left we moved to a family house with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths + a small tea kitchen area. THis was perfect for our needs and I would rather stay here than in the Beach House, as the Beach HOuse is right in front of a bar "funky monkey" that has concerts and carokee to late. in the family house you hardly heard anything. good things:
Nice and helpful staff
super garden/lawn area towards beach
relaxing chair area towards beach
good children pool
the lady in the beach bar is wonderful!
Breakfast was good - coffee as all over THailand...
things that could have been better:
food in hotel restaurant was nothing particular - but up the road you will find plenty of cheap alternatives (ex. to the right: Fisherman or to the left: Mays)
staff did not help with luggage to and from room when arriving/leaving
staff in restaurant seemed a bit anoid some times
noice from Funky Monkey in some areas of resort
cleanness of pool - it was rather nasty at times
- Koh Lanta is rather expensive as the market is protected due to the fact that there are yet no permanent way to the island - only by seaways. (until 2014) - compared to BNK we found the overall prices to be 2 or 3 times higher there...
- can recommend "coffee club cafe" at the main rd next after 7-11 - fantastic coffee and cakes
- doctor 100 meters to the right on main rd
- taxi or tuk tuk to Saladan: 50 bath pr. adult (we paid 100 for 2 adults and 3 children 4,2,0 years)
- baby stroller goes well in both taxi and tuk tuk - in full size:-)
- we rented a tuk tuk for 600 bath a day - really good for day tours - cannot go further than Katiang beach or across island - way too hilly for tuk tuk with pasangers... for this we rented a car - can easily be done in a day.
"catfish" at Saladan Pier
"Kontiki" divecenter - best tour is Koh Haa or Hin Daeng/ Muang'
"Dive and Relax" - a bit more expensive but you are home so much earlier!!!
"Energy bar" for Fireshow at Klong Dao Beach - really good firedancers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the most beautiful beach, Long Beach or Phare-Ae Beach with blue crystal clear seas, a self white sand beach and pine trees, This is what one can call a real picturesque, virgin- resting paradise .Come and check it out yourself ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Good Days Lanta Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Days Lanta Chalet Hotel Ko Lanta
- Good Days Lanta Chalet And Resort