“Thai Cooking Schools”

Time For Lime - Creative Thai Cooking School
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Yes, we are open! A well known professional creative Thai Cooking School. and the first on the Island. With a different approach by combining cooking classes with great atmosphere, music; refreshing cocktails on the Beach Front. The owner is a true foodie, cooking Thai food for 24 years and teaching in Thailand and Europe 9 years. The profits from the business goes to run the non-profit charity Lanta Animal Welfare.
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thai Cooking Schools”
Reviewed February 13, 2009

First problem was me signing up and seemed to be a bother to the owner interupting her cigarette

2nd) Once the class started we had to purchase a drink from the bar

3rd) Lot of selling additional things from the kitchen, etc as suvineers

For the expensive price of this class go to an authentic Thai run school.

2 Thank dild

• Polish first
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thai Chef”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

I was cooking Thai food already since 7 years, but these classes really twisted my way of thinking. It expanded my knowledege and showed me how to mix and blend different ingredients without messing it up. The spicy, sour, salty and sweet rule and the knowledge about the most important herbs and spices makes every cooking session a very successful route to follow.

I've taken four classes with Junie and cooked already 10 new Thai-dishes I've learned there at home. I also made my own red curry paste and really understand now why it is so important to make your own. The difference in taste and freshnes is so HUGE!

Thanks again Junie for those sessions!

Highly recommended for every travelling Junior and Senior Thai-Chef!!!

Markus from Dublin

leics
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“not a great dining experience - overrated”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

after reading the good reviews in guide books and on here 4 of us went to eat at the time for lime restaurant. In summary we found the location to be nice - right on the beach. but the welcome was abrupt and more focus was on the people who were doing the cooking course rather than the diners. We ordering our drinks we ordered singher beers but were almost forced to order mojitos - when questioned that was a brasilian drink the response was - WE ARE FUSION!

The food was nice, but notthing amazing, and for the price you would expect more in quantity and choice.

Is ok but there are better value restuarants on the beach fronts.

Disappointing

4 Thank macymo
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A good bit of fun”
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Time for Lime was a great bit of fun on our holidays. The recipes were simple to follow and easy to make. Junie, the teacher, is obviously very knowledgeable about thai cuisine and thai cooking.

The class went for 5 hours which was fine, but I personally felt it dragged on a bit. Also we were disappointed that we had to pair up, particularly for the price of the class. (this differs to other cooking classes we've done, when it was one person per wok). Additionally, sometimes I felt there was a little too much pressure to get us to buy drinks from their bar.

But overall it was an enjoyable night with a fantastic sunset view!

Dublin, Ireland
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Ah, the mojitos are excellent.”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

My wife and I found this lovely little gem in Koh Lanta. While we were after a nice luxury hotel stay, we need a little escape to a bohemian paradise. We signed up for the Time for lime cooking class. The school seemed to attract an eclectic mix of people. mixing the best mojito and stretching the cooking skills brings about a great night. I have become an avid Thai cook. Thanks and would recommend an night of cooking.

foodiefreak, owner & mangager at Time For Lime - Creative Thai Cooking School, responded to this review, January 15, 2009
Thanks you so much for spending your time writing a revieiw,
I really appreciate it.

Happy cooking & Welcome back.

Best regards from Junie & the staff