“Amazing food, very well taught”

Time For Lime - Creative Thai Cooking School
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Yes, we are open! A well known professional creative Thai Cooking School. and the first on the Island. With a different approach by combining cooking classes with great atmosphere, music; refreshing cocktails on the Beach Front. The owner is a true foodie, cooking Thai food for 24 years and teaching in Thailand and Europe 9 years. The profits from the business goes to run the non-profit charity Lanta Animal Welfare.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We took two classes with Time for Lime and they were just fantastic.
The food was just to die for - the best tasting food we have had in Thailand so far. The ingredients are so fresh and the kitchen so clean.
The teaching is great - you are given advice on how to purchase specific ingredients - the best brands, how to buy back home, alternatives, etc, and detailed advice on preparing the meals rather than just watch and copy.

They also have a lovely set of bungalows to stay in behind the school which are incredibly peaceful and good value, especially if you stay there and take the course (there is a special little discount).

My only critique would be that the second day was somewhat repetitive of the first (introductions, curry paste, etc.) rather than tailored for those who had already done one day (especially given it's a little pricey). But still we found the second day to be great as it really made us remember what we were doing.

Food we made includes (but isn't limited to) spring rolls, pad thai, curry paste, papaya salad, morning glory, sweet and sour fish/chicken.

If you are vegetarian they will do veggie options for everything, just let them know.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Laura F

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My daughter and I did the cooking course whilst my wife played the lazy partner. We were part of a class of 6 and we all had a great evening. We were on the soup, spring rolls, massaman curry and seafood salad night. Wow 30min of pounding a mortle and pestle for a real red curry paste, I never knew. Good thing we handed it over to other and kept going.
I learned heaps and wish I had done the course at the start of the trip, I would not have eaten the full red chilli in my soup otherwise(it was only there for flavour, not eating)
If your on the island it is well worth spending the evening at Time for Lime, good food, good company and you learn a lot along the way.

1  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

“Great fun! Good food - did I really make this?”

We were at Time for Lime cooking school the end of January 2013. It was great fun, interesting people. Excellent manageress / cook (Juli) Too bad I burned the garlic - a No No! Right on the beach, cocktails in the sunset anyone - before trying you hand at Thai cooking?

RESERVE IN ADVANCE - to ensure a spot.

Afterwards sit on the terrace, sip cocktails and enjoy the seductive evening breeze.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My Girlfriend and I did a cooking class at time for lime in early August and I have to say it was brilliant.

We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel which was at the other end of the island and this was included in the price. They have a small bar with seating by the beach which is nice for chilling at with a drink before the class starts.

We were lucky enough to have a private class with Mai as nobody else booked on the evening when we went. Mai was really nice and was laughing with us the whole time, giving us loads of tips for the cooking and making the class fun and informative.

We made four hot dishes, as well as the cold starter which was called 'Thailand in one bite' and was really tasty. The hot dishes were green chicken curry soup, stir fry prawns, stir fry chicken, and fish cakes. All of these were so tasty and i'm going to be cooking them back home, especially the fish cakes. I just hope we can find all the ingredients in the UK.

Overall i would say this is totally worth doing if you're on Lanta and like Thai food, we had a great evening.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visited Time for Lime for three days back in June. I have just now revisited their recipe book to attempt to produce an unguided version of their delicious pumpkin soup. This was the third cooking class I've taken in Thailand and though it felt a bit on the touristy side (which I personally do not mind) the recipes and the food were authentic, creative, and delectable. I learned more about how to treat Thai ingredients and on the whole, the experience was remarkable enough for me to wax a bit nostalgic, put together that pumpkin soup and write a brief review to say that this was well worth our time, energy, and money, proceeds from which, by the way, go toward supporting Lanta Animal Welfare. All and all a guilt-free guilty pleasure.