“Really enjoyed my Thai cooking experience here.”

Time For Lime - Creative Thai Cooking School
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Yes, we are open! A well known professional creative Thai Cooking School. and the first on the Island. With a different approach by combining cooking classes with great atmosphere, music; refreshing cocktails on the Beach Front. The owner is a true foodie, cooking Thai food for 24 years and teaching in Thailand and Europe 9 years. The profits from the business goes to run the non-profit charity Lanta Animal Welfare.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Time for Lime is a great cookery school, you firstly get an introduction to the ingredients used in Thai cookery (very useful)!!! And then it's down into the kitchen to get cooking. The teacher, Mai, is great - she has a great sense of humour, and keeps everyone on track at the same time.

I have to say this was the most flavoursome food I tasted in Thailand.. Probably slightly biased! But a fresh red curry paste makes one hell of a difference!!! I'm vegetarian and they catered brilliantly for me, substituting the meat/fish with tofu and roasted peppers. (Just let the team know of any dietary requirements when you book).

My boyfriend came as a 'lazy partner'. Arriving to eat with the rest of us. This means you get to make double the portion size, and the portions aren't stingy. You can help yourself to as much as you like really.

Mai demonstrated the cooking processes to us, and then we did it for ourselves. With some help from extra staff with some extra jobs - frying the spring rolls, cooking the meat etc. I didn't see this as a problem at all. The course is 5.5 hours long, and there is quite a lot to get through.

I'd really recommend this cookery class, it was the most expensive activity during my time in Thailand but definitely worth while. (1800 baht, plus 480 for a lazy partner) You get to take your apron home as a souvenir and a print out of the recipes too. : )

1  Thank Sarah C

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a great afternoon cooking massaman curry today, as well as lots of other lovely dishes you get to eat. You learn a lot as well about Thai for and flavour combinations. Its about 6 hours for the course Inc eating what you've made, but well worth it. Also time for lime use their profits to support the lanta animal welfare centre so you know you're also helping that great cause at the same time.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I attended a cooking class at the end of February and it ended up being one of the highlights of our 2 week holiday in Thailand! We learned so much and had such a great time doing it. The class started at 4pm and finished around 9.30pm, but the time just flew. Our teacher was funny and great at showing us what to do; we also met some nice people on the course. We learned how to make 3 dishes as well as have a very interesting theory lecture. Since getting back home we have already made the dishes for friends and family which includes making green curry past from scratch!
Not only is the cooking school a great activity all the profits go to the animal welfare on the island.
This really is worth doing - great fun, great tips, actually learning and feeling confident enough to try on your own back home and a good cause!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have done a few cooking classes both at home and in Thailand and I think this was definitely the best. Great instructor with lots of good tips and intro on local food and ingredients. And it was a fun atmosphere on the beach with cocktails and wines flowing! If you go to Ko Lanta and you like cooking, or even if you don't, I recommend doing this.
Plus if you like animals - there's a fantastic animal shelter attached where you can help out with walking / playing/ feeding.

1  Thank ask6400
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have just returned from Ko Lanta and attended Time For Lime whilst there. It is a very well run cookery school and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wishing to learn Thai cookery. The course is about 5 hours and my wife joined us later and sampled the food I cooked. I now have a full time job cooking Thai for her and my family!

1  Thank Mark P