“Koh Lanta Food Heaven!!!”

Time for Lime's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 396 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Time For Lime's dining concept is Thai Fusion Tapas for ADULTS ONLY. You get to enjoy a little bit of everything. The menu changes every day. We also have a full vegetarian/vegan menu and can cater for all allergies and dietary requirements. We have built Lanta Animal Welfare's centre and is their major supporter. Happy hours on our famous cocktails from 5.30 Pm - 6.30 Pm. We serve food from 5.30 pm. Last order 9.30 Pm CLOSED SUNDAYS
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wow!!!! We arrived in Lanta 2 days ago and ate here yesterday. After visiting Thailand 3 times and eating from up north to down south, this is truly the best food we've tasted ever! As a starter you can choose from 3 different sorts, we took 2, since we couldn't decide. Portions are small enough to take two, or three, hot snacks, so do try the shrimps wrapped in pepper leaves. After tasting these I am sure you wished you ordered some more. As a main, they serve one different "dish of the day", every day. You can choose between chicken, fish or veggie. We opted for the king mackerel with turmeric paste, sweet potatoes and a green herb sauce and we both were very amazed at the wonderful flavors of this dish. Very mouthwatering, delicious! We finished this truly wonderful meal with some "heavenly mud", the thickest chocolate mousse I ever tasted. What else can I say? Go there! You shall not be dissapointed...oh, yes, almost forgot their lemongrass margarita, very fresh! So good, I just had to try one more. Furthermore, about children not being welcome? I don't know what that comment is about (I read this in another review); they have a sort of upperfloor which is adult only (lovely), but the rest of the restaurant is right on the beach! A perfect spot for your kiddo's to play, whilst enjoying your cocktail. We are so pleased with this restaurant, we booked a cookingclass for this thursday. Enjoy this place before everybody else discovers this little food heaven!

2  Thank Bo2Netherlands

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wanted to sign up for the cooking course, and decided to sample the fare first. Think Thai with a twist- I order the chicken red curry and received a whole chicken breast with a light spicy red curry sauce, and thoroughly enjoyed it. For fussy eaters I'd recommend checking their menu- posted on their website- ahead of time, as the menu is limited and changes daily on fortnightly rotation- every night you get three choices of starter/ snack, one main with fish/ meat or vegetarian option and a single choice of desert.. The ambience was lovely, with attractive wooden furniture and green lighting, set around a tree by the front of the bar. The highlight was the divine lemongrass margharita. Happy hour runs til 6.30, when cocktails are 100 baht- even if you're not staying for dinner this is too good to miss. I returned later in the week for the cooking class, which was fantastic.

2  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The meal was delicious and extremely reasonable. Three courses, with no choice, but couldn't fault it. We ate upstairs and watched the cooking classes take place below us, which are very popular. The staff were very friendly and were volunteers for the Lanta animal welfare which the owners run. Profits help the animal welfare. Please support such a worthy cause.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

First of all, the place itself is fantastic - on the beach, cool lay out, great atmosphere. I went for dinner, and then decided to do their cooking course! Small menu but exceptional food, great cocktails, amazing staff, and supports an incredible cause. Do the cooking course!!

2  Thank Melanie H
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was there for a cooking class, but when they could make me make this delicious food, the restaurant have to be great! Our teacher May was a fantastic humorous women who knew a lot about cooking. We had a great time! Learned a lot, met nice people and ate delicious food.