“Mediocre place ”

Tiger Wings Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Place is on the higher price end if compared to other cheap food restaurants, however neither the food quality nor the service could back this up. We were waiting for our fish curries enormously long and then they forgot to serve the rice. I understand it is family run business, however daddy doesn’t seem to be concerned to let his 7 years old kid run the place. Don’t think I would go there again when there are so many brilliant places around.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We ate here after seeing so many good reviews and the staff / family are very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is a nicely presented place and we were only ones in there at the time so got a table by a fan thankfully. The food was good, we had chicken and basil leaf and Tom yum soup. The soup wasn’t spicy, I asked for medium, but I guess spice is so subjective. The soup was pretty good otherwise but not amazing as id been expecting. The rice was also pretty stale and hard so was not done fresh which was a shame. Now serving beers they had to go and fetch from the shop. Nice enough place but the rice and the mosquitoes meant we left straight after food. Quite reasonably priced for some dishes so worth a look.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner and was super pleased with all the foods! Everything was so tasty and delicious. Highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Eat here a few times during my stay in Koh Lanta and the food was always amazing and the family that work/own the restaurant are really friendly.

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Came here with a friend for dinner, and ended up coming back the next two days as well. Every dish we tried was excellent, and well sized. In fact, we were in Thailand for 3 weeks, and this was the second best place we ate for our entire stay. The shrimp here was possibly the freshest I've ever tasted, the pineapple fried rice was delicious, and the deep fried chicken was amazing, just to name some highlights.

As other reviewers have mentioned, starters and desserts are best shared.

The family running the restaurant are also very friendly. I have a peanut allergy which was well catered to, and when we came back the next couple of days, they remembered my allergy and made sure I ordered food with no peanuts.

In short, I couldn't recommend it more.