“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Lanta Fullmoon Bay View Resort
Ranked #82 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would advise people not to book to stay in this resort, it is nothing like the pictures, we got scammed in Bangkok and taken to a travel agents who booked up our accommodation for the 4 weeks me and my boyfriend were traveling thailand for february 2013, this was one of the resorts. It is terrible, we had a aircon bungalow. Our aircon did not work and was blowing out warm air, our shower was trouble working, the bathroom was disgusting with bugs crawling all up the walls. The pool was closed during our stay because it was so dirty, looking like a pond, and had not been cleaned. We had free breakfast which was 'aparently' previously booked in Bangkok, we were not told, and they did not tell us at the resort so we paid for 3 days of breakfast untill the last day they mentioned we had free breakfast and that it was our fault we didnt turn up but we honestly did not want to eat in the resturant so every morning we went elsewhere and they did not refund us any money. It is just shocking, we were backpacking and if it was our choice we would not have come to Koh Lanta, it was sooo boring! no shops, no town, no people or tourists, quiet with just a few bars on the beach which were dead. DO not make the same mistake as us.

Room Tip: Just avoid Full Mood Resort it is nothing like the brochure we were given
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hannahg255

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I probably would not have chosen this resort based on the other reviews. That's why I'm writing this review in a positive sense because it's a really good place to stay. From the beginning I had a great service of the very nice owners. They are really relaxing and take care of things. There is plenty of space in the bungalow and the aircondition works as it should be (to cold at night if you set it high). The only minus is the light in the bathroom. In my room there were no bed bugs at all and it was cleaned. The towels and the bed sheets are wrapped in plastic bags so that there are no bed bugs possible. The resort is at 30 seconds from the beach, but there are a lot of rocks in it. It's better to hire a motorbike (very cheap) and go to the northern beaches for swimming. Or you can swim in the swimming pool at the resort. Not that big but it's clean and refreshing. I definitely come back next time!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked unseen by a travel agent in Bangkok. When we arrived we thought to have a nice bungalow. But after one night sleep my body was full of bites. First I thought I was bitten by miskito's, but soon found out it was bites from bedbugs. I made my complain by the owner and he gave me a new room. But after searching the bed I found two bedbugs. I did catch one and show the owners and told them i could not stay any longer. The man was very kind and brought us to an other resort. They told us they did spray the room but I was so scared now, having about 200 bites on my body and research on Internet tells me that bedbugs are difficult to wipe out. I felt sorry for the owners because they were very friendly people. But they need to clean the houses badly. It seems that the owner doesn't treat the rooms in a right way to kill the bedbugs. My advise to everybody, don't go there. I myself work also in a hotel and we also had once bedbugs in a room, we bring in a special team of people who clean the room and for one week the room was out of order. I went to a doctor in Ko Lanta and I asked her if it happens often that people got bitten by bedbugs, she answered every day I get people here! So from now on I will check the bed carefully. Oh and now I'm staying at Lanta Sea House, in one word "perfect!"

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerard S
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked to stay here through a travel agent in Krabi while I was waiting for the minibus to take us over to Koh Lanta. I only intended on staying one night but ended up staying 4. The staff were very friendly, although it was only the owners who could speak English and they weren't always around. It looked as if they were gearing up for the high season by redecorating all of the rooms, presumably to make amends for the experiences other travellers have had - as these reviews indicate. Whilst I would probably have avoided staying here had I read this thread before my stay, I would have no qualms about staying here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2012

After booking this hotel from an unseen agent in Bangkok me and my three friends got dropped off to our horror at the desolate full moon hotel! The place was a mess from the outset, with pillows and rubbish everywhere in the path! The pool had no water in it so don't be fooled by the pictures! The hotel looks nothing like the website and seems to just be run by a dodgy looking man with a moustache and a lady!! It was literally like the film wrong turn, and with no other people at the hotel we were very nervous! The beach was just as inadaquate and this is before even mentioning the rooms which deserve no recognition! I cannot even be bothered to continue this review as it is not worth wasting my time, just to anyone out there do not go!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Do not be fooled by the nice look of the bungalows. There are more bungalows/hotels on the beach slightly further up which would probably be much better.

After a 3 night stay here I was well and truly eaten alive by bed bugs. I had over 200 bites on my body which were extremely sore, itchy and uncomfortable.

The room was absolutely BOILING! The air conditioning did not work and the fan was pathetic. To give an idea of how hot the room was, I could not stand in there and put suncream because I were sweating buckets within 2 minutes.

The bathroom was full of ants. There was no safety deposit box. There is one waitress who is the most miserable and rude person I've met in my life!

Be careful with tabs - the owner tried to overcharge us thinking we would not notice.

The pool is OK and the beach is quiet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 02kel02
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our unfortunate visit to this 'Resort' started in Bangkok when we were shown the brochure and paid a deposit along with the cost of a bus and ferry from Surat Thani. The bus journey was a tourist trap, stopping for an hour at a time in 2 isolated spots which were only populated by travel agents hoping to cash in on anyone who had not arranged accomodation. We eventually got to Koh Lanta after nearly 10 hrs from Surat Thani and were dropped off at this place at night. The owner asked us to pay up front, minus the deposit we had already given to the travel agent and, against my better judgement, we paid for the 2 nights we had arranged to stay. We dropped our bags and walked to the reception / bar area and had some dinner, which was actually very nice, and a couple of beers. All served by a lovely waitress who was very happy and cheerful. However, the problem only arised when we returned to our room and took off the mattress cover. The sheets were a light blue colour and were spotted all over (including pillows) with blood stains. Not good! We stripped the bed to find a small army of bed bugs, eggs and droppings all over the mattress. We called the manager who came in a said that he would simply change the sheets and there was nothing he could do as this was the only room they had free. After ten minutes of no action, we decided to get out of there and i promptly handed the key to the grinning manager who laughed as we walked away. What a complete hole. Do not under any circumstances stay here!

Room Tip: Somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple