Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband for a few days of down time and R&R. If you are looking for a more remote, quiet spot away from busy beaches and crowds, then this hotel is probably a good choice for you.
We stayed in one of the garden bungalows and it was a lovely room with modern amenities, Thai decor, very comfy bed, TV/DVD player which was great at night.
Since the location is more remote (Bamboo Beach) we never left the hotel and spent our days at the pool or in the water on the beach. Warning: there are lots of rocks in the water on parts of the beach. I fell getting out and cut up my arm and knee pretty bad. Be very careful. The beach is very pretty and quiet.
The restaurant serves tasty Thai dishes and great smoothies. Prices are a little on the high side for Thailand, but not exorbitant. I guess you are paying for the convenience of having all your meals on site.
Do not wast your money on the Thai massages! I booked a massage for my feet, head & shoulders and it was not good - money wasted and again, at a higher price point for Thai prices. Also, if you do decide that you must have one, get it done in your room, as the bed they use outside is super noisy (right near the pool and beach). Not relaxing at all.
They have a nice buffet breakfast with a wide selection of food - but watch out for ants crawling around near the granola & cereals.
There is a DVD/Book area with computers too. Good DVD selection to watch in your room. Great WiFi connection.
I would not spend the extra money for a room with a sea view. All of the bungalows are set back from the beach a little bit - it's just the way the property is set up. The ones they pitch as beach or sea view really only have what I thought was a partial/semi obstructed view.
Staff are attentive and helpful. Overall, we had a nice stay and enjoyed our few days spent there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Artistically inspired living on the most private beach for that castaway experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your LaLaanta Hideaway Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalaanta Hideaway Hotel Ko Lanta
- Lalaanta Hideaway Ko Lanta