We booked through an agent - which is a lesson learned. We stubbornly saw out the two nights we'd already paid for and then left for an alternative clean and freindly guesthouse in Saladan. In summary, the problems with Lanta New Beach Bungalows are:
1. The room was damp, dirty and smelt like a public toilet
2. The staff, particularly those hiring out scooters and female receptionist, are surly and look/talk to you with contempt
3. The scooters themselves are a death-trap and are hired out in the hope that, when something eventually drops off/brakes, the cost of repair work can be forced onto a guest.
4. Staff are incompetent: bringing out the wrong bill/wrong food, forgetting orders etc
5. The food is really bad and over priced. I ordered a 'tuna burger' which turned out to be tuna paste spread into a roll (see photos). We also ordered enchiladas - which were soggy, cannelloni like and the size of fish fingers. Grosse.
Staff look at guests almost with disgust - as if your being there is an insult to them.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking