“Ivory Sales”

Damnoen Saduak Elephant Village
More attraction details
Owner description: An exciting activity and great experience among the nature covering with evergreen bushes, various plants in the dense forest which one you will remember on your vacation destination You will never forget forever such an experience with us come and visit Open daily 8.00 A.m. - 5.00 P.m.
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ivory Sales”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friend and I also visited the elephant village for an elephant ride after seeing the floating markets. We were happy to pay the extra cost and buy some bananas for the elephants and the ride was great, the elephants also seemed to be well cared for. The massive issue I have with this tour was the guide offered us ivory jewellery and said the money went towards food for the elephants. He didn't do this in front of anyone else and they don't sell ivory in the souvenir shop but I imagine this is quite common, I just read a blog from someone who said they were offered 'souvenirs' half way around the tour also. When I mentioned that it was wrong to to sell ivory he seemed quite annoyed and didn't speak to us again. I wasn't able to speak to anyone else there as we had to get straight on our bus back to Bangkok. I am now looking into this and encourage anyone else who has had this experience to speak up. We cannot allow the sale of ivory products to continue, especially in a place that is claiming to be rescuing and caring for elephants.

Visited November 2012

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

For animal lovers, this is a great experience. Besides the ride, which was very comfortable, also the feeding the animals was lots of fun.

Visited October 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A brilliant tourist attraction”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Such a fantastic place. Really enjoy!!!!! The first time for me to ride an elephant. Want to back and ride an elephant again. Moreover, the place is quite nice. I really love it.

Visited January 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“About 15 minute ride;and pretty high cost.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

For people who have never ridden on an Elephant,this could be a good try,else it is avoidable.The ride is too short.The water in which the Elephant wades is quite dirty.You can feed the elephant ,buy buying bananas.

Visited September 2012
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Must love Thailand because of this experience!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This trip is all worth it for me and my husband. We added 800 baht to our already booked trip to floating market that costed us 2,600 baht which by the way includes round trip transfer from hotel to all destinations with english speaking tour guide.