Oak Leaf Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewton
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I usually like to stay in Quality Inns, but this one is not a $70 hotel. The bed was ok comfortable, but the sheets were stained. The internet was ok. The tv was in a tv stand thing, and was off set from the bed, it was an older tv so you couldn't see it from the side. I watch tv laying in the bed before I go to sleep, so it was a little hard to see. The carpet was old and stained. All the towels and wash clothes were very stained....at least I hope they had been washed. I would say I'll never stay here again or tell someone else not to stay here but there is not much choice, there are only 3 hotels here. One looks very bad and the other cost even more than this one and doesn't have good reviews either.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank samsvalleyfarm

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My fiance and I were in town for a wedding. We stopped here because it was close to the church. The wedding was at four, so we made it to the room at about 3:15. So we were only there about 45 minutes before leaving for the wedding. We came back after the reception which was about 9:00 pm. As were preparing for bed, I turn down the covers and notice spots on the sheets on one side of the bed. I called my fiance over to look to make sure I wasn't seeing things. He saw the spots too. Then I went to the other side of the bed and there were more spots on the sheets AND a string of somene's hair!!!! I immdiately called the front desk and told the woman at the front desk that the sheets had sperm and hair on them and I was coming to get our money back! She said ok. We packed up all of our things and drove to the lobby. When we get there, she tells us that she has spoken to her manager and was told that she could only give us half of our money back. Long story short, I told her I was not leaving until I had all of our money back. The lady kept calling and texting her manager. Finally I told her to call the cops because if nothing else I wanted an incident report. The cop came and said that no crime had been commited so he could only write a report...which he would do later and I could call later to get a copy of. After arguing with these people for about an hour, the young lady (clearly shaken at this point) said, "Forget it! I'll just refund all of your money." This place is a DUMP! If you have a choice between staying here or sleeping on the street, SLEEP ON THE STREET!!!! To the assistant mgr Christina: When I got on the phone with you and explained the situation, YOU LIED when you said you were not told the whole story by your employee. She DID tell you everything I'd said. I was standing right there when she told you. As a "manager" you should not have put that young lady in the position you did. I was furious and she caught the brunt of my frustrations because of you. If someone tells you that they have someone else's sperm and hair on their sheets, the FIRST thing you should do is offer to give them a FULL REFUND and be happy that's ALL they want from you! If that's not enough folks, the walls had some kind of stains on them, the carpets had stains, the toilet leaked, you could not make an outgoing call, and the room smelled like smoke! This hotel is a piece of S***!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this place altogether!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sonja D
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed here because my husband was working at the local paper mill..and being it was cheaper than the brewton inn where we usually stay we chose this one.. never again will I stay here I will either make the thirty minute drive or pay more for the brewton inn. We stayed six nights on the fifth morning my husbad found a bed bug by my head! After knowing this I found about six more and put one in a zip lock bag with tweezers and took it to the front desk.. no apology or anything just a well we will get someone to come clean it ...no...burn it down!!!! Infested!!! Would not give us our money back... I had about fifty or more bites on me (the bites show up nine days later I researched it) bites on my face, hands, feet, arms, legs and trust me they itch worse than a mosquito bite! Paid too much money to sleep with bed bugs!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Valaree H
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Before you read my review, please take time and read GillyGill2011 review. I agree with him 100%. This place sucks. I spend over 100 nights per year in a hotel room on business. Fortunately the company I work for encourages me to stay in nice safe hotels such as Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, and even most Choice Brands such as the Comfort/Quality Inns. This place is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my 21 year career traveling. Now while the Quality Inn is not on my top of the list hotels to stay in, most are good and you get what you pay for. This place, no way. I honestly cant believe that the corporate gurus with Choice Hotels allows this. Anyway, enough of my ranting, if your penny pinching and just need somewhere to lay your head down, you will be ok. If you need internet, TV that works, microwave, or a coffee pot, definitely do not stay here. One plausible thing I will say is the lady at the front desk was very professional in handling my complaints while I changed rooms to have a working heater.Just saying.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank spike4111
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel is about 20 minutes off the interstate but it was late and we were in the middle of nowhere so we were afraid we wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. We had trouble finding it even with the GPS because there is no sign out front. They also told us they're changing hands from Days Inn to Quality Inn but that has been going on for at least a year and you'd think they'd have a sign!
The girl at the front desk was very nice and accommodating and the people we met the next day were very nice too. There is a Pizza Hut across the street and fast food right down the way, maybe a McDonald's and an Arby's. The room was basic but the television worked well and there was a microwave and refrigerator. Beds were good but the bathroom didn't look terribly clean and I didn't take my shoes off in there. Maid service stopped by quite early but I'm sure they knew we were awake already since we had been in to get the continental breakfast. They had: orange juice, fruit bars (like no-name Nutrigrain), frosted flakes or Fruit Loops, English muffins, packets of grits, and bagels. There was no regular cream cheese, just pineapple. We got an ok rate of $74.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LydiaGenevieve
Reviewed December 15, 2011

wow where to start. i choice this location as i was working across the street from it and wasnt going to spend 22.00 more for Brewton Inn just cause i dont know that hotel. BTW this is turning into a quaily hotel and no longer technically a days inn, NOW... i will never ever stay here again UNLESS qaulity really does serious remodel. stains on wall, carpet stained, found dead bug on sofa, NO INTERNET AT ALL. room was bad and ugly. its worth the 20 mile drive to the next hotel unless you are willing to try brewton inn which is what i will be doing next time. this place sucked! and as a guy that is in a hotel 4 nights a week every week all over the south from TX to FL i have been in some ugly places and this in my top 5.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank GillyGill2011
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The internet did work but was not strong and I had to sit at the coffee table instead of the desk to get a better signal. The phone accepted incoming calls, reportedly, but would not allow a guest to make an outgoing call.

Other than those items, the room was nice and what one would expect from a low to mid-priced hotel.

The exterior appearance of the hotel is not good. Does not give a good impression.

Customer Service is deficient. When I brought the phone and Internet problems to the attention of the front desk clerk, the response was an excuse or explanation but no offer to fix or compensate. I spent an hour one night trying to make a call. I never could make it from the room (The hour included time driving around town to find a pay phone, which I did find at a BP service station.)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MarkHanses

Been to Oak Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!