“This place makes Choice Hotel Brands look Bad”
Review of Oak Leaf Inn

Oak Leaf Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewton
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Before you read my review, please take time and read GillyGill2011 review. I agree with him 100%. This place sucks. I spend over 100 nights per year in a hotel room on business. Fortunately the company I work for encourages me to stay in nice safe hotels such as Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, and even most Choice Brands such as the Comfort/Quality Inns. This place is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my 21 year career traveling. Now while the Quality Inn is not on my top of the list hotels to stay in, most are good and you get what you pay for. This place, no way. I honestly cant believe that the corporate gurus with Choice Hotels allows this. Anyway, enough of my ranting, if your penny pinching and just need somewhere to lay your head down, you will be ok. If you need internet, TV that works, microwave, or a coffee pot, definitely do not stay here. One plausible thing I will say is the lady at the front desk was very professional in handling my complaints while I changed rooms to have a working heater.Just saying.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank spike4111

Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel is about 20 minutes off the interstate but it was late and we were in the middle of nowhere so we were afraid we wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. We had trouble finding it even with the GPS because there is no sign out front. They also told us they're changing hands from Days Inn to Quality Inn but that has been going on for at least a year and you'd think they'd have a sign!
The girl at the front desk was very nice and accommodating and the people we met the next day were very nice too. There is a Pizza Hut across the street and fast food right down the way, maybe a McDonald's and an Arby's. The room was basic but the television worked well and there was a microwave and refrigerator. Beds were good but the bathroom didn't look terribly clean and I didn't take my shoes off in there. Maid service stopped by quite early but I'm sure they knew we were awake already since we had been in to get the continental breakfast. They had: orange juice, fruit bars (like no-name Nutrigrain), frosted flakes or Fruit Loops, English muffins, packets of grits, and bagels. There was no regular cream cheese, just pineapple. We got an ok rate of $74.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LydiaGenevieve
Reviewed December 15, 2011

wow where to start. i choice this location as i was working across the street from it and wasnt going to spend 22.00 more for Brewton Inn just cause i dont know that hotel. BTW this is turning into a quaily hotel and no longer technically a days inn, NOW... i will never ever stay here again UNLESS qaulity really does serious remodel. stains on wall, carpet stained, found dead bug on sofa, NO INTERNET AT ALL. room was bad and ugly. its worth the 20 mile drive to the next hotel unless you are willing to try brewton inn which is what i will be doing next time. this place sucked! and as a guy that is in a hotel 4 nights a week every week all over the south from TX to FL i have been in some ugly places and this in my top 5.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank GillyGill2011
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The internet did work but was not strong and I had to sit at the coffee table instead of the desk to get a better signal. The phone accepted incoming calls, reportedly, but would not allow a guest to make an outgoing call.

Other than those items, the room was nice and what one would expect from a low to mid-priced hotel.

The exterior appearance of the hotel is not good. Does not give a good impression.

Customer Service is deficient. When I brought the phone and Internet problems to the attention of the front desk clerk, the response was an excuse or explanation but no offer to fix or compensate. I spent an hour one night trying to make a call. I never could make it from the room (The hour included time driving around town to find a pay phone, which I did find at a BP service station.)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MarkHanses
Reviewed December 4, 2010

in a word - dumpy.
property is no longer affiliated with Days Inn.
stayed one night after an auto accident on the interstate. Room charge was horrible - 80$ - of course they saw me pull up in a wrecker with my damaged vehicle on the back and knew they could charge whatever- and hotel was empty.
TV in room did not work properly and asked to switch rooms, then that tv did not work right either - a fuzzy reception on most channels, like back in teh days of rabbit ear antenaes.
next day waiting on rental car company to come get us, asked for later than 11 am check out - said no because they could not afford to pay the cleaning crew to stay late. as empty as they were - i highly doubt that room had to be rented that night, they could have cleaned the sheets the next day. even when i told them that we'd be parked in teh lobby with my wife and 4 year old son, they did not agree to let us stay in the room - not very compassionate considering our circumsatnces.
breakffast was a joke - some coffee/juice and little debbie type pastries.
pool was not inservce and did not look like it had been in use for some time - overgrown with weeds.
sketchy part of town with nothing else around - one or two fast food restaurants across and up the street. no stores to even buy drinks close by.
If you have the occasion to have to stay in Brewton AL - stay away from this dump.
Yucky-yucky-yucky place

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank marieatta_pman
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights while working in the local area. The hotel was quiet except for the occasional truck of laborers coming or going, and the room was fairly clean. Despite the fact that my room was non-smoking, it stunk; if I did not keep the fan or AC going, the odor was intolerable. It was a combo of cigarette smoke masked by cheap deodorizer spray. Workers smoking outside could lead to smoke coming into the room. The linens on the bed were a bit beat-up and the pillows were somewhat flimsy, but nothing too bad. The bathtub was very nice, very roomy (garden-style?). Breakfast was nothing special, OJ, honey buns, breakfast bars, and fruit. I stayed during lovebug season, so there were 2-3 lovebugs in the room when I arrived, but I didn't take much offense to this, as it is nearly impossible to control them or prevent them from coming in while housekeeping moves items in and out.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank envtravel
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I booked the room thinking it would look like the photo on the website. Yes, it looked like the picture but looks can be deceiving. It was quite roomy but not up to code for me. I spent a small fortune trying to deodorize and sanitize the room and still felt dirty. I tried to ignore the flies but had a hard time ignoring the roaches I saw. The floor felt sticky even after I purchased carpet deodorizer. I don't know what was under the rug. I can only imagine. Please do not waste your time staying if you are looking for a decent place! The Brewton Inn was much better. It was very nice! Oh yeah....Honeybuns is all you get for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank NikkiBell

Been to Oak Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!