“Simply the best experience I have ever had”
Review of Elephantstay

Elephantstay
Ranked #9 of 68 things to do in Ayutthaya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Elephantstay is an elephantastic unique program where you get to live, work and play with elephants, staying in the heart of the Royal Kraal village. Elephantstay is a not for profit program under the Phra Kochabaan Foundation.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks with my girlfriend. We experienced what few people can say they have ever experienced. The group at Elephantstay is amazing, and the work is rewarding. Any trip to Thailand without doing this is not good enough, period. I will only be going back to Thailand if I come back to Elephantstay. Food was the best Thai food I had during my whole month in Thailand.

The level of care they provide the elephants is unmatched, the breeding program is hugely successful.

Take care of full grown elephants, ride them twice a day, wash them, play with baby elephants, have wonderful food, and amazing staff? Seriously, what else do you want? Go there already!
Balls of fun (Katie)!

"shower and toilet"
"some down time"
"african elephants"

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed a week, soooo glad we didn't book just the 3 day option. Staff were very friendly, helpful and supportive everyday all day. Our air-conditioned room and own bathroom was clean and comfortable. The food was delicious with seconds always available. Our elephants were beautiful, got to spend as much time as we wanted with them and bonded with our girls that made it hard to leave. The mahouts were friendly and helped us learn some Thai. Riding twice a day to the river for a swim was refreshing and the elephant poo floating by didn't matter after day 1. Scrubbing, raking, feeding, watering were all part of the day that provided such a memorable experience. The local village shop was 5 min walk away to buy whatever we needed and a tuk tuk to town was also possible one morning to visit the markets. Would recommend this experience for those who love something out of the ordinary as you get so many opportunities to get up and very close to elephants.

1  Thank ingrid08_11
Reviewed June 3, 2013

always wanted to get closer to the elephants at the zoo? don't mid getting your hands dirtÿ? Get amongst it and live work play and stay with the team at the Elephanstay - you will spend your days looking after your own elephant and be a part of daily life in the Kraal - the food is amazing, staff are super friendly, accommodation is right in the middle of the village - clean and tidy, with air conditioning - though just the basics. I would reccommend staying at least 7 days if you can to get the most out of your stay!

3  Thank lsalc
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I spent 7 days in the elephant village with my good friend. We had an amazing time and the food was so yummy. Our rooms had air con and there was free wifi. It was an experience learning about elephants and how to care for them. It is something that I will again and again.

1  Thank emmasaurus92