“The Tour Guide Was Very Good”

Ayutthaya Trips and Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travel amongst the ancient temples and rivers of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. We offer a wide range of tours in and around the island city. From cycle tours, river cruises, kayaking, and cooking classes. There's a tour to suit the experience you want to have.All our tours are designed to benefit the local communities in which we work. Where ever possible we want to get you involved with the people around you.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were picked up promptly at the time we were told and then brought to a meeting place where we boarded the tour bus. Throughout the drive, the tour guide gave us lots of information even the billionaires of Thailand, who they were and how they got rich. It was very interesting. He also had a sense of humor.

We visited the summer palace of the king and we heard the stories about the queen and how they died. Lots of stories about royalty. However I got sick during this trip and I wasn't able to continue to see the three ruins. I stayed in the bus and slept. My two nieces took it though and were satisfied.

The river boat cruise was included with buffet (eat all you can). I was disappointed with the food because I love Thai food and thought I'd have a taste of real authentic Thai food. They had different kinds of sushi and American food. There was a bit of curry but very little and they didn't really refill it even though it's buffet and eat all you can. They also cleaned up at once. I was sick anyway so I didn't really care that much. They are probably catering the food to their tourists. But if you're in Thailand, shouldn't we eat real Thai food? They should make a survey and find out if their tourists were happy with their buffet so they can improve it if they are not.

My rating for this tour is very good because to me if the tour guide is very good than the tour is worth it!

3  Thank Parisbreakfast
in 13 reviews
"capital"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ayutthaya city as the Kingdom of Thailand, it is about 1:30hrs from Bangkok to Ayutthaya city. You will love the old city of Thailand in Ayutthaya city. There are many temples to visit and explore it over there.

The main tourist attraction places in Ayutthaya city:

Wat Mahathat as the head of Buddha inside of the tree
Wat Phra Srisanpet with the biggest chedi in Temple , this is the old palace area of Ayutthaya Kingdom.
Wat Lokiya Sutharan as the biggest sleeping buddha in Ayutthaya
Wat Yai Chaimongkol , The tallest Chedi of the great victory over enemy of King Naresuan
Summer Palace of the King of Siam

If you stay in Bangkok, Tour back to Bangkok by Cruise , it is the another best choice for you to see the life of local people along the Chao Phraya River. It was very beautiful riverside.

3  Thank Mike B
Reviewed April 22, 2013

On our first trip to Thailand together, my wife insisted that we take the River Cruise tour to Ayutthaya (she has been before) and we booked it through Asia Web Direct Tours before we left the UK, and it was reasonably priced. We were picked up from our city centre hotel promptly at 0630 in a mini bus, and after a few more pick ups were on a coach waiting to drive to the Summer Palace. Our tour guide was awesome, a Thai gentleman called Paul (!) who spoke perfect English. Paul proceeded to then give us a running commentary for about the next 8 hours, and didn't stop! Brilliant, and very, very funny. The tour of the Summer Palace was brilliant and after an hour, back on the coach and off to Ayutthaya. It was stunning, beautiful and all the time accompanied by Paul's commentary. Spectacular across two different sites not far from each other. We were then taken to the river where our cruise boat was waiting for the river cruise back to Bangkok. The cruise was lovely, and we were served a great buffet lunch and drinks on the boat. Paul continued his running commentary (I think he knows every building that lines both banks of the river) and a couple of pleasant hours later we were back at the embarkation point. Brilliant tour, fantastic sightseeing and made all the better by our tour guide - the legendary Paul. I would strongly recommend that you book this tour, it was superb, and great value. It's called Ayutthaya by River Sun Cruise and you can find it on the Asia Web Direct - Tours website. Brilliant! Loved it.

12  Thank David H
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recommend Ayutthaya and this tour outfit.

The history of Ayutthaya is really interesting and the ruins are most impressive. True, they are not Ankor Wat, but they're still darn impressive.

This tour ticked all the boxes. The cruise up was pleasant and allows you to get a good view of Bangkok. The guide was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The bikes were of good quality and the cycle route was well planned. Cycling is a really good way to get around these spread out ruins - walking would take you some time and given Thai traffic I wouldn't be surprised if cycling's also quicker than motor vehicle.

1  Thank Antony P